Chapter 14

Seven Become One

Chapter 14

“I don’t remember,” said Hyunseung blankly.

“Think hard then,” growled Hyunki

“If you call fifteen dollars a payoff then yes.” Said Hyunseung coolly

Hyunki took a step back in shock, “wae?” he murmured

“Because you needed to be taught a lesson, although it looks like you still didn’t learn it.” He said glaring at Hyunki and then stormed out of the room.

            The other members had heard Hyunseung and Hyunki fight and they’d all camped outside the bedroom door listening. When Hyunseung came out they all took a step back, he glanced at them and then walked out of the dorm slamming the door behind him. The boys glanced in the room to see Hyunki crimple to the ground in defeat. None of them knew exactly what to do, Doojoon told Junhyung to keep an eye on Hyunki and then hurried out of the dorm after Hyunseung. Junhyung shooed the members away from Hyunki’s room and closed the door. Right now it was probably beset for Hyunki to be alone, he looked like he didn’t want to talk to anyone and Junhyung wasn’t going to press him.

            None of the members could believe what Hyunseung had said. It couldn’t be true. Their funny 4D prince could never do something like that. Hyunseung must of lied. There was absolutely no way he could’ve hurt someone like that.  The dorm had turned very quiet. The members were sitting around in the living room silent. There was no noise coming from Hyunseung’s and Hyunki’s room. They were all worried about Hyunki, Kikwang wanted to go and talk to him but Junhyung  told him to leave Hyunki alone for now. It began to get late and Doojoon and Hyunseung still hadn’t  returned to the dorm.

            Hyunki couldn’t believe what Hyunseung said. He knew that in the past there was some misunderstandings between them but he had never though it was so bad that Hyunseung would’ve done something like that.  Hyunki wanted to ask himself where had their relationship start to crumble so badly. He knew when though and it was clear that Hyunseung blamed him for it.  Hyunki poked his head out of the bedroom and noticed that all the lights were off, except for Junhyung’s his bedroom light was still on. Hyunki grabbed his backpack and duffle bag and crept out of the dorm and into a waiting taxi downstairs.  Doojoon and Hyunseung arrived ten minutes later. Doojoon still wanted to talk to him more but it was getting late and they had an early morning.

“Hyunki!” exclaimed TOP when he found Hyunki fast asleep on his couch in the morning.

“Oh, Hyung,” he said rubbing his eyes.

“What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at your dorm?”

“um, yeah, dorm life isn’t going to work so well. Do you mind if I stay here until I find my own place?”

“No,” sighed TOP sitting down next to Hyunki, “but whatever is going on you should try to fix it. It’s not good to be isolated from the group, especially when you’re just starting out.”

“I know, but this isn’t something that I can fix. I’ve tried.”

“Then try again, the Hyunki I know wouldn’t give up, he’d keep trying until the problem is resolved. Come on I’ll drop you by CUBE it’s on my way.”

            Hyunki quickly washed up and changed and then walked down to the garage with TOP. Both of them were silent on the ride. TOP knew that if Hyunki wanted to talk about the problem then he would but if he pressed the matter Hyunki would just close up. When Hyunki arrived at CUBE it was still early so the other members wouldn’t be there yet. He went on into the practice room, put his headphones on and started practicing.  He did his best to push back what Hyunseung had said, if he didn’t he was going to have a very hard time  working that day. Hyunki didn’t hear the other members come in but he saw them in the mirror and took his headphones off and turned around.

“Here you are,” said Doojoon in a voice full of relief, “where did you go?”

“I stayed at my Hyung’s last night,” he said.

“You’re coming back tonight right?” said Dongwoon worried.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Said Hyunki glancing at Hyunseung

Doojoon let out a sigh, “We’ll talk about this later. Lets get to practice.”

            That morning Hyunki did better than he had been doing. It was clear he had been working very hard the last week in order to be up to par with the rest of the members.  During their schedule, whenever they were on camera Hyunki and Hyunseung acted like two very good friends. But whenever they were off camera or in the car they were very quit. Hyunseung joked around with the other members like he usually did but didn’t say a word to Hyunki. Hyunki kept his headphones on and dozed on and off during the car rides. Everyone could feel the strain and tension in the car. Doojoon was worried, if he couldn’t get the two boys to reconcile about whatever was the issue then he may lose both or one of them and he didn’t want that to happen. He’d been able to get very little out of Hyunseung last night. He’d just ended up talking to Hyunseung about how important it was for Hyunki and him to get along.  Hyunseung had always been a little close off when it came to things bothering him so it hadn’t been a surprise that he got nothing out of Hyunseung last night. Doojoon was hopeful that he might get something out of Hyunki though. During their individual practice late that night Doojoon stepped into Hyunki’s privet practice room and sat down.

“Do you want to tell me what’s going on between you and Hyunseung?”

“No,” sighed Hyunki squatting down, “I know you want us to get along and I know that it’s good for the group if we do too but I don’t think that’s possible. Not after what Hyunseung did.”

“What exactly did he do?” asked Doojoon

“You didn’t hear?”

“No, the bedrooms and doors are sound proof so we can’t really understand what you two were fighting about.”

“Oh, we’ll I don’t think I should say. I don’t want to be a snitch.”

“Will you come back to the dorm,  since things have gotten this bad I can have you move back into Kikwang’s room. Putting you and Hyunseung in the same room clearly isn’t going to help.”

Hyunki sighed and ran his fingers through his long hair, “can I think about it?”

“Sure, just don’t take to long okay/” said Doojoon patting Hyunki’s knee before getting up and leaving the room.

            Hyunki continued his practice.  He knew that the other members were worried about him and wanted to know what was going on between him and Hyunseung but Hyunki wasn’t ready to tell everyone yet. He had been holding back on telling the past because he didn’t want the other members to see the other side of Hyunseung now he just didn’t want to reveal what he was really struggling with. Hyunki’s passed wasn’t exactly the happiest.  Hyunki practiced for another good hour, when he checked the dance studio he was surprised to see Kikwang, he’d thought everyone had gone back to the dorm but he was there working on his solo routine. Kikwang smiled at Hyunki and then turned off the music.

“You done?” he asked wiping the sweet from his face.

“Yeah, I was just grabbing my stuff.” Said Hyunki grabbing his backpack.

“You coming back tonight?”

“I don’t know if that’s such a good idea,” sighed Hyunki

“Oh come on, I’ll Yoseobie and you can stay in my room. We all want you back in the dorm.”

Hyunki wasn’t about to say that Hyunseung could care less, it wasn’t needed  he was well aware of what Kikwang meant.  He thought about it for a moment, he could see Kikwang watching him. Hoping that he would agree to come back to the dorm with him. In the end he decided that no matter how much he and Hyunseung didn’t like each other Hyunki wasn’t going to let it keep him  from achieving his goals. Hyunki agreed to go back with Kikwang after stopping at his brother’s to pick up his things. Kikwang had his car with him and offered to give Hyunki a ride, which he gladly accepted.  When Hyunki walked into the dorm he noticed the smile Doojoon gave him.

“I moved my stuff out so feel free to unpack.” Said Yoseob.

“Thanks,” said Hyunki and then headed towards Kikwang’s room

“How’d you get him to come back?” asked Doojoon, “when I talked to him, Hyunki just said he’d think about it.”

“He must of thought about it enough,” smiled Kikwang and then headed to the bedroom.

Hyunki was slowly starting to unpack his things. This time when Hyunki unpacked his stuff Kikwang realized for the first time that he didn’t have a lot of pictures of his family and friends. He had one photo of BTS, and one of BIG before he’d gotten kicked out, one with his adoptive family and another of his biological family. At least Kikwang assumed it was his biological family as it had Hyunki’s little blind brother Shi Woo in the photo, he did notice that there was no dad in the photo though.

“Um I’m going to take a shower, you wanna join me?” asked Kikwang grabbing a clean pair of boxer-briefs.

“S….ure.” said Hyunki grabbing a pair of sweat pants.

Junhyung was just coming out of the bathroom, rubbing his hair dry appa style, when the two of them walked up. He smiled at Hyunki before heading to his room. Most of the members were either in bed or heading to bed now so Hyunki and Kikwang tried to be quiet as they took their shower hoping not to disturb the other members.

Hyunki was glad he’d decided to return to the dorm. Even though he and Hyunseung still had issues it was clear the other members were very happy to see him. Kikwang was a good hyung too, he helped Hyunki’s scrub his back and didn’t press Hyunki for answers, which he was very thankful for. Even with Kikwang helping him and the other members being so nice Hyunki still felt very alone and empty. Almost like he didn’t belong with Beast even though all of them had been very supportive so far. That night Hyunki fell asleep holding the picture and letter ,he kept under his matters, close to his chest and with a tear on his cheek. Kikwang tried to strike up a conversation with Hyunki but when he looked down at Hyunki he realized that he was already fast asleep, which was probably a good thing. Kikwang very sorry towards Hyunki and wished that there was some way he cold  help him get through the process of joining a group like them  and releave some of that stress that was on his shoulders. Hyunki had tried to hide how stressed he was but Kikwang was able to see pasted his happy and quite façade.

Well what did you guys think, the first hint of the puzzel has been revealed,! I hope you liked it, if was hard to write Doojoon as the caring leader since we see him so often as the silly and playful one. Please please tell me what you think and subscribe.