chapter 15

Seven Become One

Chapter 15

Hyunseung was fast asleep when he thought he heard his sister’s voice and someone was shaking him. He moaned , rolled over and pulled the blankets over his head.

“Come on oppa, I know you can hear me,”

Hyunseung rolled around and slowly opened his eyes, “Geurim!” he exclaimed, “What are you doing here?”

“Waking you up silly, come on mom made breakfast.” She said walking out of the room.

Hyunseung was dazed for a moment, he didn’t remember going home that night, but when he looked around he noticed he was in his dorm room and Yoseob was getting up too. His mom and sister had made a surprise visit to the dorm! Geurim just had one more room to wake up and that was Kikwang and Hyunki oppas’ room. She could see Kikwang oppa on the top bunk sleeping with his arms wrapped around his favorite stuffed animal sleeping like a baby. Hyunki was on the bottom bunk with half of his covers off of him. Geurim climbed up the first couple of steps and then shook Kikwang. He pushed her away. She smiled and shook him again.

“AISH!” he said sitting and glaring at her, as he sat up the covers fell down revealing his well chiseled body. “AW GEURIM!” exclaimed Kikwang waking Hyunki up.

“Morning boys,” she said smiling.

“What are you doing here?” asked Kikwang

“Waking you up silly, mom’s made breakfast hurry up and put some clothes on.” She said and then walked out of the room.

“Does she come by a lot?” asked Hyunki slowly getting up.

“Occasionally, she and Hyunseung are rather close, but you probably knew that already didn’t you?” said Kikwang pulling on a tank top.

Hyunki didn’t respond.

“Hurry up and get dressed Hyunseung’s mom’s pancakes are jjang!” said Kikwang pulling on his pants and walking out of the room.

            Hyunki wanted to run away, he hadn’t really seen Hyunseung’s mom in six years. He had no idea what Hyunseung might of said to his family as an explanation for him not coming around anymore.  Hyunki slowly put on his t-shirt and pants before looking for a hair band to pull back his long dark hair. He guessed he was just going to have to brace himself for whatever was going to happen. Hyunseung was close to all of his family members so he was sure Hyunseung had told them something about him. As he opened the bedroom door he could already hear the members laughing and talking. Hyunki could hear Hyunseung reminding Geurim that this was a guys dorm and that she should really warn them the night before she was coming over. Hyunki wanted to say something but he didn’t knowing that Hyunseung would just glare at him if he did. So he just sat down at the table and waiting for the stack of pancakes to be ready.

“There’s our sleepy head.” Said Dongwoon noticing Hyunki quietly sitting at the table.

“Oh, morning,” said Hyunki yawning.

“Did you not sleep well, you don’t look that great?” said Junhyung setting a stack of four pancakes in front of Hyunki

“I’m just exhausted that’s it,” he said biting into the pancakes.

“How long were you training under CUBE before you joined BEAST?” asked Hyunseung’s mom.

“Six months, but I trained with BTS and BIG before I joined CUBE.”

“Well I’m glad you joined BEAST, I always thought you’d debut.  You and Hyunseung-ah were always competing for first.” Said Hyunseung’s mom

“Mom,” wined Hyunseung

“WHAT!” she exclaimed, “It’s true.”

“So who one most of the time?” asked Yoseob,/

“I did,” said Hyunseung confidently, “Hyunki was always a little behind me.”

The members glanced at Hyunki ready for him to say something but he kept quiet and ate his pancakes. Hyunseung’s mom and sister could tell something was going on. And it wasn’t just between Hyunseung and Hyunki, all of the other members were a little on edge, like they were trying to be careful of what they said around Hyunseung and Hyunki. Hyunseung’s mom didn’t say anything but after a long silence Geurim did speak up.

“Okay you guys what’s going on?”

“What makes you think something’s going on?” asked Hyunseung

“Because I’ve been around you guys enough that there are only three reasons for when you guys are quiet. One, you’re eating, two you’re sleeping, or three you guys have been fighting. So spill it Jang Hyunseung what’s going on?” said Geurim acting like the Noona instead of the dongsaeng.

“We’re just having a little bit of trouble preparing for the concert,” said Hyunki getting up, “thanks for breakfast.”

“What’s going on with Hyunki?” asked Geurim, “he used to be a lot more talkative,”

“I think he just feels like he’s under a lot of pressure,” said Junhyung, “and he’s a little scared he’s going to say the wrong thing I think.”

“HYUNG!” exclaimed Dongwoon as Yoseob took a big bite out of Dongwoon’s six stack of pancakes.

Yoseob just grinned and continued eating.

Kikwang finished his stack too and excused himself from the table. He went looking for Hyunki, who was of course in their room packing his bag for that day. The group was going to Japan that night for a fan meeting, signing event and a photo shot.  But it didn’t look like Hyunki was packing that bag, in fact he was already packed for the day and a half trip and he was packing his backpack for the schedule that day.

“Are you in a hurry to go somewhere?” asked Kikwang.

“Jiyong hyung is taking me to the physical therapist before our schedule, I’m meeting you guys at the salon.”

“Oh, why didn’t you tell me, I’ll go with you.” Said Kikwang grabbing his bag.

“It’s okay hyung,” said Hyunki, “I’d rather take this trip alone”

“Oh, alright, well I think we’re going to stop for coffee before the salon do you want me to pick you up something?”

“um ya thanks, a java chip Frappuccino is what I like.”

“Sure no problem, and it’s on me.”

            Hyunki quietly slipped out of the dorm with Jiyong Hyung while the others were finishing up breakfast and chatting with Geurim and Hyunseung’s mom.   He was a little worried about what the therapist would say as he’d been practicing more than he had last time he visited and he could tell his leg was slightly swollen. Hyunki was right to be worried the therapist told him to ice his leg the moment it started to feel sore and after every hour of practice.  He met the other members at the salon half an hour later, Yoseob and Kikwang were done and fooling around while the other members were finishing up. That day they didn’t have any music programs, they were filming for Running Man, Kikwang had been on twice before but this was the first time that all of the members had been on it.

            Since it was all of the members on Running Man it was them against Running Man. There was an obstacle course in the morning that the members had to complete. Even with Junhyung fumbling around on scaling the wall Kikwang, Yoseob, and Hyunki were able to give the members a big enough lead in the beginning that Dongwoon was able to cross the line before Gary. The last game was the intense nametag ripping game. Doojoon and Junhyung proved not to be the smartest members and ended up hiding in the same place. As they were fighting over who should leave Jungkook arrived.

“Oh hyung, take it easy on us,” wined Junhyung slowly backing away from the imposing Jongkook.

“Junhyung, come here,” teased Jongkook.

“Aw…..anyo!” said Junhyung and ran off leaving Doojoon by himself to deal with Spartakook.

            Needless to say Doojoon and Junhyung were the first to be eliminated. The five other members worked together and ended up being able to rip off Jongkook’s nametag. Hyunki was actually the one to do it while the other members did their best to fend Jongkook off. After defeated Jongkook it was simply a matter of time before the other members of the running man team were defeated.  Hyunki worked hard and was able to get HaHa’s nametag off all by himself.

            It was seven o’clock when they finished up. They had a quick dinner on the way back to the dorm so they could grab their luggage and change into their airport fashion. Their flight was at eight so they had to hurry to get to the airport on time. Of course fans were there waiting for them and the members all smiled and waved as they walked through the airport. It was a three hour flight to Tokyo so they arrived around eleven and even at the late time the fans were there greeting them at the airport.  They had a packed schedule so the members went to bed right away.

            Over the next day and a half they had a lot to do.  The members noticed that Hyunki wasn’t looking to go, they thought it was just the lack of sleep but when they got back to Korea he looked like he’d gotten worse.  Junhyung decided to take him to the hospital to see what was wrong. Kikwang wanted to be the one to do it but he was a special MC on a radio program that afternoon so he couldn’t do it. Hyunki seemed to take a long time with the doctor, which made Junhyung worried.  He wondered if they’d gone to long without taking him to a doctor and if they should’ve made a visit while they were in Japan.

“What did the doctor say?” asked Junhyung when they were in the van.

“He said to rest and that I’ve caught the flue. Also no dancing for a week.” Sighed Hyunki on the verge of tears, he felt like he was holding the other members back.

“Hey, look at me,” said Junhyung as Hyunki hung his head, “we’ve all had times like this okay. Just go home and rest. We don’t want you getting worse alright?”

Junhyung rubbed Hyunki’s head trying to console him. 

I hoped you all enjoyed it. One of my favorite parts is when Geurim shows up at the dorm and wakes the boys up, did you guys like it? what did you think of caring Junhyung? Please comment and subscribe