Chapter 5

Seven Become One

Chapter five

“Hyunseung hyung,” said Hyunki in nothing more than a whisper.

“Don’t ever bring up my father again,”

“hyung,”

“ and if you dare bring up what happened seven years ago, I will make sure you never debut.” Said Hyunseung squatting down so his dark cold eyes locked with Hyunki’s soft gentle eyes.

“How long do you think you can keep up this up?” asked Hyunki looking away from Hyunseung

“I’ve kept it quiet this long, and you’ve got everything to lose so I would listen to me.”

A moment later Hyunseung got up and stepped out of the room. Hyunki breathed a sigh of relief.  He knew that Hyunseung was serious, he could tell by his eyes. The next day Hyunki had a busy day. Because he was a new member and was making his debut with BEAST the company had decided that Hyunki would film a teaser video showcasing his dancing skills and his martial arts training. So while the other members went to dance practice Hyunki went to a filming location. Even though the teaser was only going to be just under two minutes it took hours to film. Hyunseung was about halfway done filming when Kikwang arrived.

“Hey,  how’s it going?” said Kikwang swing his arm around Hyunki’s shoulder.

“aw, okay I guess.’ Said Hyunki wiping the sweet from his face.

“You’re doing fine I bet.”

“where’s everyone else?’

“mmm lets see, Yoseob is practicing for his musical, Junhyung is in his studio, and Doojoon, and Dongwoon are visiting BTOB on their variety show.” Said Kikwang, “Oh and Hyunseung I think is visiting his family”

“Aw, I guess that makes sense, so why are you here?”

“I came to support our new Maknae,’  said Kikwang ruffling his hair, “and I needed to grab some things anyways.”

“Hyunki we’re ready for you,” said the director

“Okay,”

            Kikwang stayed and watched as Hyunki continued to film. He was impressed by Hyunki’s martial arts skills, he was doing all sorts of kicks and flips along with his difficult dance chorography.  Kikwang stayed until the filming was finished about two hours later, while they were reviewing the takes Kikwang pointed out things Hyunki had missed. When they were done they headed back to the practice room for more dance practice. Their comeback was just a week away and they wanted to be perfect for their fans. They practiced late into the night and returned to the dorm around three in the morning.

“You alright?” asked Doojoon noticing Hyunki icing his knee.

“Yeah, it’s just sore,”

“Ya! Hyunseungie” yelled Junhyung as Hyunseung came running down the hall with Junhyung’s bottle of coke.

“Mmm good,” smiled Hyunseung taking a big gulp

“Come on give it back?’ said Junhyung

“What, the coke or the notebook, “ he said holding up Junhyung’s song notebook.

“Both!” yelled Junhyung grabbing Hyunseung and tickling him until he let go of the notebook and coke.

“Jeez aren’t you two tired,”  said Yoseob coming out of the shower drying his hair.

“Don’t you know those two never get tired.” Yawned Dongwoon.

“Alright you two, if you guys are staying up be quiet the rest of us are heading to bed.” Said Doojoon.

            When Kikwang returned to his room Hyunki was on his phone talking to someone, a close friend by the sound of the conversation. Kikwang smiled at Hyunki and then climbed into bed. Hyunki lowered his voice now that Kikwang was turning in. Meanwhile Junhyung and Hyunseung were in their room but the light wasn’t out, they were talking. Mostly about their comeback and coming up showcase. Although Junhyung was confident in his music they were all a little anxious with a rookie joining them.

“So what’s your problem with Hyunki?’ asked Junhyung plopping down on Hyunseung’s bed.

“What makes you think I have a problem with him?”

“Please,” he said ruffling his hair, “you don’t like Hyunki everyone can tell. And it makes us all a little worried.”

“I just don’t like the fact that he’s joining us.  It feels like he’s butting in, I mean come on we’ve been together for six years we’re a good team why do we have to risk that by adding a rookie to the group.”

“Hyunseung, Hyunki is very talented, we all know he’s a rookie but he’s a good rapper and dancer. Doojoon and I believe he will be an good addition to the group.”

“You’re the only rapper we need  and Kikwang and I are enough dancers.” Snapped Hyunseung

“Give him a chance, please that’s all I ask. Hyunki is a good kid he may surprise you.”

“ I know kids like him, all they’re after is the fame not the music.” Snapped Hyunseung

“Trust me this kid isn’t like that.”

“Oh he is, I can tell.” Said Hyunseung and then pulled the covers over his face and ignored Junhyung.

            Junhyung sighed, he usually could get to Hyunseung. Get him to talk about what was going and why things bothered him. Now Hyunseung was pushing everyone away insisting that Hyunki was bad for the team and not giving the kid a chance.  All six of them knew the struggles of just getting to the point of debuting so it was hard to believe that Hyunseung wouldn’t support Hyunki.

            Over the next week the members spent every moment they could practicing. Of course some of the other members had personal schedules but even while the other members were at their schedules the ones left behind practiced.  Junhyung helped Hyunki with his rap perfecting it so he would be perfect live. The day before the comeback they had a press conference, they got up early to get their hair and makeup done. Hyunki was getting bright red highlights in his jet black hair although it was different from the music video  it was a nice change and gave him a bit more of a mature look. After a couple hours at the salon all six of them were ready to leave for the press conference. The members tried to get Hyunki to relax by fooling around in the car and it worked, until they reached the venue for the press conference and the saw Hyunki get nervous again.

“Come on you’ll be fine.” Said Kikwang swinging his arm around Hyunki’s shoulder.

“We all were nervous for our first one too, you’ll do fine,” said Yoseob shooting Hyunki his bright smile, “and if you need help just look at one of us.”

            The seven of them walked into the building while smiling and waving to the waiting fans outside. They had about ten minutes before they were going to go on so there was a waiting room prepared for them. While they were waiting the members fooled around, it was there way of relaxing. At least for most of them, Hyunki kept pacing the room.

“Please Hyunki sit down you’re going to make me sick if you keep pacing.” Said Doojoon

“Oh no!” exclaimed Dongwoon

“What?” asked Junhyung

“I forgot to touch the poster on my way out! Something bad is going to happen today.”

“Please, Dongwoon, only you believe in all that superstitious stuff.” Said Hyunseung

“No, I’m not. Yoseobie hyung always wears nice boxers when we’re performing.”

“Yaeh that’s not the same thing!” retorted Yoseob

Hyunki cracked a smile.

“You think something is funny?” asked Hyunseung when he saw Hyunki grinning.

“No,” said Hyunki wiping the smile from his face.

“Come on you guys are on.” Said Jiyong hyung

            The boys walked out of the room, Kikwang ended up being right behind Hyunki and just before they walked onto the stage Kikwang  gave Hyunki a reassuring touch. A moment later they were all on stage with cameras of hundreds of photographers flashing wanting to get a picture of New Beast and  their new member Hyunki. After a couple minutes chairs were brought out and they all sat down. At first they all introduced themselves individually and then they began to ask question.

“I would like to ask all of you what do you think of having an new member after so many years as a six member group and Junhyung how do you like having a second rapper in the group?” asked a reporter.

“Both Junhyung and I had a say in picking the new member and we love Hyunki a lot, he fits well with our group and he has a very different style of rap from Junhyung so it is good addition.” Said Doojoon

“I like not being the Maknae anymore,” smiled Dongwoon glancing at Hyunki, “Hyunki is a very talent boy as you saw from his teaser and I think with him in our group we can explore different routines and music that we haven’t be able to before.”

“Some people might think that since Hyunki is so much younger than us that it is hard for him to fit in or mess well with us but he does and he has that personality that makes us want to protect him. I think the fans will be impressed by all of Hyunki’s skills and not just his rapping or martial arts.” Said Yoseob.

“I think all of us are very happy that Hyunki has joined,” said Kikwang smiling at Hyunki, “he is a fun new member with a different look at life than the rest of us and will bring back that rookie mindset to our group and will keep us from getting to comfortable in our current position.”

There was silence for a moment, it was Hyunseung’s turned to speak and they were all curious as to what he was going to say. Hyunseung took the mic and paused for a moment.

 

Hi everyone, I hope you enjoy this chapter. what do you think Hyunseung will say? Please leave comments I love to hear from my readers.