Chapter 16

Seven Become One

 

Chapter 16

          Hyunki let out a sigh as he entered the empty dorm. This wasn’t what he wanted. Not at all. He had been trying very hard to keep pace with the other members and show them that he wouldn’t fall behind. Now this, if he hadn’t overused his leg in practice and taken it easy he still could practice with the members and go to bed early in the evenings instead of coming home now and resting. He knew the doctor had told him to take it easy  but he didn’t really know how to do that. He got anxious if he sat around doing nothing for long periods of time. He took a two hour nap and then woke up and practiced his rapping while wondering around the dorm.

“Where’s Hyunki?” asked Doojoon when Junhyung joined them at the practice studio without Hyunki

“Doctor told him to rest and now dancing for a week. He’s got the flue.” Sighed Junhyung

“I knew something was bothering him,” said Kikwang “he hasn’t been looking to good for a couple days.”

“Great, another setback.” Said Hyunseung throwing up his hands.

“What’s your problem Hyung?” said Dongwoon.

“Yeah, all of us have gotten sick or injured at one point or another.” Said Yoseob

“Yeah but we didn’t slack off either. We all pushed through it and continued to work.”

“what has gotten into you?” said Kikwang, “You’ve never been like this with anyone before.”

“You guys don’t know Hyunki like I do, you have no idea what he’s done!”

“What has he done then? What could Hyunki possibly have done that could make you hate him so much!” yelled Yoseob losing his temper.

“You guys all think he’s sweet, cute, hard working, and innocent. Let me tell you he’s not. The minute you trust him with anything he’ll cute you lose and betray you. He’s done it before!”

“okay, okay enough!” said Doojoon butting in, “I don’t care what past you have with Hyunki but you need to get over it. BEAST is a team and Hyunki is now part of that team so you need to put your personal predigest aside and deal with it.” He said glaring at Hyunseung.

            Doojoon may have stopped the argument, but only for that moment. Everyone was still angry at Hyunseung and him at them. Doojoon didn’t know what to do. Things would be a whole lot easier if Hyunseung and Hyunki told them what had happened, but it was clear that neither of them were going to do that. At least not now.  Doojoon wondered if he should talk to TOP and get the story from him. He wasn’t sure how Hyunki would react to that but he knew that Hyunseung wouldn’t be happy about it. When they arrived back at the dorm everyone’s temper had cooled down a bit but there was still tension between the members especially between Kikwang and Yoseob towards Hyunseung.  Kikwang went straight to his room to check on Hyunki while Yoseob left with Junhyung and Dongwoon to walk Yanggaengie and Hyungnim. Hyunseung and Doojoon started cleaning up the kitchen and looking for something to eat. Everyone was starving and that might have been why the tempers were quick to flare up.

            When Kikwang stepped into the room he found fast asleep hugging his blanket. He hadn’t even bothered to change he was still wearing the bright blue jeans,  white t-shirt and black leather jacket from the airport. Kikwang sighed, he very carefully took off Hyunki’s jacket but the kid was so exhausted that he didn’t stir at all as Kikwang removed the jacket and pulled up the covers. He was glad that Hyunki was finally sleeping, he knew that before the trip Hyunki hadn’t really been sleeping and their schedule in Japan had only made it possible to catch one or two our naps. Kikwang changed and then grabbed his laptop and left.

“How’s Hyunki?” asked Doojoon as he worked on the egg roll

“Sleeping.”

“Good,  we’ll just let him sleep.”

“What are you doing?” asked Hyunseung when he saw Kikwang open up his laptop.

“I’m going to upload some things on my SNS and chat on the fan chatroom until the other’s get back.”

“Kikwang you going to eat rice tonight or you just going to eat your chicken ?” asked Doojoon as he grabbed the left over rice from the fridge.

“I’ll eat rice, go ahead and make enough for me too.”

Hyunseung started pealing and cutting up fruit as Doojoon continued to work on the fried rice. About ten minutes later Yoseob, Junhyung, and Dongwoon returned and they all ate together, Hyunseung was the first to finish and left for his room. As he closed the door behind him one could feel the tension leave the room. None of them were sure what to do.  The strife and tension had been building between Hyunki and Hyunseung and they were all worried that one of them would snap and it would be deviating if it happened on a broadcast or if a fan caught it. Doojoon was a little more stressed then the others as he felt it was his job as the leader to sort out this argument but he was hopelessly lost on what to do. Hyunki and Hyunseung just kept getting further and further apart and any time they did talk to each other they were always fighting. Eventually everyone had gone to bed and Doojoon was the last one up. As he proud himself another cup of tea and head towards his room Junhyung stepped out of his room and told Doojoon to join him.

“Worried about Hyunseung and Hyunki?” asked Junhyung as he sat down on his bed.

“Yes,” he sighed, “I don’t know what to do. I’ve talked to both of them but they wont tell me anything. And I can’t force them to tell me. Especially when whatever it is seems rather sensitive.”

“Can I make a suggestion?”

“Of course, I’ll take any suggestion I can get.”

“Ask TOP or GD to talk to Hyunseung. They might be able to get through. TOP has more of advantage as Hyunki is his dongsaeng and probably knows part if not all of the past between Hyunki and Hyunseung.”

“But then I feel like I’m failing as a leader.” Sighed Doojoon.

“You aren’t,” said Junhyung placing his hand on Doojoon’s thigh, “you’ve tried what you can to get them to get along without knowing the situation and it hasn’t worked. Just because you’re the leader it doesn’t mean you can fix everything.  Talk to TOP, I am sure he would be more than willing to help.”

            A couple days later Hyunseung received a call from TOP wanting to meet up. Since both of them had some free time during lunch they decided to meet up for lunch. It had been a while since Hyunseung had gotten the chance to spend any time with TOP and he was very happy that TOP had asked him to meet up. Hyunseung promised to meet the other members at the filming sight for their new CF right after he finished lunch. When he arrived at the restaurant TOP was already there waiting for him.

“Hi Hyung,” said Hyunseung walking over and sitting down.

“Hey, how you been?”

“Busy,” sighed Hyunseung, “but that’s good I don’t like just sitting around.”

“You never did,” smiled TOP, “how did your fan event in Japan go?”

“Good, it’s always nice to meet the fans.”

“Is Hyunki adjusting well?”

Hyunseung set down his chopsticks and looked TOP in the eye, “is this why you wanted to meet up, to talk about Hyunki?”

“A little bit, Doojoon is worried about you two, you guys still haven’t reconciled have you?”

“Of course not, I’m never going to forgive Hyunki for what he did.”

“You never asked who she was did you?” asked TOP

“It was his girlfriend obviously. Who else would he be smiling like that at.”

“Hyunki didn’t tell you then?”

“Tell me what?” asked Hyunseung getting annoyed.

“Around Hyunki’s freshman year he started looking for his family. That lady was the assistant manager from the orphanage we adopted him from. They were talking about how to locate his parents.” Said TOP.

            Hyunseung couldn’t believe it. Hyunki had started looking for his birth parents and didn’t tell him! Hyunki had always told Hyunseung everything so the fact that Hyunki had never told him what he had been doing hurt him. The rest of the day Hyunseung was wracking his brain trying to understand exactly why Hyunki had never told him. Then again his senior had been a rough one and it was that year that the two of them had the big fight and never spoke again.

            Later that night when the group was having practice he was still thinking about it. But his mind did wonder to other things. Like the fact that Hyunki was just sitting on the bench watching them and then rapping his part when it came in. Of course he knew that Hyunki was supposed to take it easy and not dance for a week but whatever “injury” he had it didn’t seem  like any of the many that Kikwang had sustained over the years.

“Are you sure you’re injured?” said Hyunseung finally fed up with Hyunki, “you’re not just being lazy.”

“Hyunseung!” retorted Kikwang.

“I’m serious,” he retorted, “he can walk just fine so his injury or whatever clearly isn’t that bad.”

“You want proof?” snapped Hyunki, “fine I’ll give you proof.”

Hyunki opened his backpack and tossed a folder at Hyunseung.

“Take a look at your handy work. What you PAID Leo to do,” spat Hyunki, “I was unconscious for five days with a punctured lung, four cracked ribs, two broken ribs, my leg and knew were bashed and I had a serious concussion. That proof enough for you!”

Sooo what do you all think? Do you like the parts with caring Junhyung and serious TOP?  I hope you like the ending. I've revealed a bit about what happened, why do you think Hyunseung had Leo and VIXX beet up Hyunki? Please comment and subscribe.