Chapter 1

Seven Become One

Chapter One

Hyunki was nervous. Tomorrow was another evaluation day. He had been at CUBE for almost three years now . A year ago Hyunki had experienced a big slump, for almost six months he had shown no improvement and had almost been cut. Recently Hyunki almost quit too but one of his trainee friends told him to stick with it.  Over the last month or two  there had been a few rumors going  around the trainees that the next trainee that did the best tomorrow was going to make their debut. Of course no one new if it was true but that didn’t mean that they wouldn’t work even harder that night.

            At the same time Hyunki and the other trainees were practicing BEAST was also in their practice room having a dance lesson. Just as they were finishing up their manager and the head manager for the trainees stepped in.

“Mr. Lee,” said Doojoon, “we  haven’t seen you for a while What brings you by?”

“We have some news for you boys.” Said their manager

“Oh, what is it?” asked Yoseob

They hadn’t had any news from Mr. lee since they were told they would debut six years ago so they were all curious as to what he had to say.

“Tomorrow is another evaluation for the trainees. Our three rappers are doing very well and we have decided that whichever rapper that does the best will make their debut as a member of Beast when you make your comeback in a couple months.”

“okay, any questions?” asked their manager hyung

“Do you want any of us to be there tomorrow?” asked Doojoon

“Junhyung we would like your input the rest of you can join if you want to the evaluation is tomorrow at ten.” Said Mr. lee

The two men left the so that the members could get some more practice in. But at the moment none of them could even think about practicing.  No one had ever told them about a member change and after seven years or more together it was hard to imagine a seventh member. Also with the seventh member being a rapper the wondered how much it would bother Junhyung.

“Come on are we going to stand around all night?” said Kikwang breaking the silence, “ lets run through ‘Good Luck’ a couple more times.”

            The boys spent another fifteen more minutes practicing and then they grabbed their things and left. Although as they walked pasted other practice rooms they could see that the lights were still on, no doubt it was the trainees practicing, the boys smiled to themselves remembering when they were trainees too and stayed up late practicing the night before the monthly evaluation. They walked together for a little ways and then Junhyung and Yoseob went different directions heading home, while Doojoon, Kikwang, Hyunseung, and Dongwoon all went to the dorm. When they reached the dorm everyone else showered and turned in but Kikwang stayed up. He was trying to finish a song so it could be on the next album but it was proving difficult to do and they were going to be recording in a little less then a month. Junhyung and Tiger Hyung had given him lots of help but Kikwang did want to make this his own song but one that still had BEAST’s color. Even though the boys hadn’t made a comeback yet they still had a busy schedule with their personal schedule and practice so in the morning most of them were up and out of the dorm by seven thirty.

            It was getting close to ten and the trainees were going over their last minute preparations for the evaluation. Everyone new that these evaluations were important and could mean that they would debut, stay in the company, or be kicked out. So it was important that they do well if they didn’t they could be kicked out. None of them wanted that. As it grew closer and closer to ten the trainees got more nervous. Eventually just five after ten  the trainee mangers, vocal teachers, and dancer teachers entered the room. Along with Junhyung and Doojoon from BEAST. They were shocked to see Doojoon and Junhyung, none of them had been told that they would be there. The trainees wondered if it had to do with the rumors that had been going around.

“Hyunki, Joon, and KwangSoo step forward please,” said the manager.

The three boys stepped forward wondering what was going on. They all glanced at each other wondering if any of them had a clue but they didn’t.

“Listen very carefully,” said the manager in a stern tone, “it has been decided that you three are ready to debut. But we can’t debut three rappers at once. Whoever does their best today will debut with BEAST when they make their comeback. The other two will have to wait until we debut another group. Understand?”

“Yes!” said the three rappers.

“Don’t be nervous and just do your best.” Said Junhyung

“We’ve both been in your shoes so we understand. Fighting.” said Doojoon smiling.

“KwangSoo, why don’t we start with you.”

            Joon and Hyunki took a step back and let KwangSoo take the center of the room. The pressure was on now, they all new that this was do or die for the three of them. Even though they all were friends and had been hoping that they could debut at the same time they were all egger to snag this chance. They had all promised each other that if one of them debuted before the others that they would support each other, now was the time to prove that. After KwangSoo went Joon was next and after him was Hyunki, lastly the three of them did the dance routine that they had prepared, Joon and Hyunki had put it together.  As they were performing the three of them watched the judges expressions hoping to gain some idea but it was hard to tell. When they were finished they were each called forward and given an evaluation. Hyunki listed as everyone gave their opinion on Joon and KwangSoo’s performance include Doojoon and Junhyung.  Finally they came to Hyunki and he wondered what they were going to say. Hyunki got positive feedback from  almost everyone, their dance instructor told Hyunki to watch out for getting off beet like he had once in the performance. Next it was Doojoon’s and Junhyung’s turn.

“You’re rap was very good,” said Junhyung, “ with the speed that you were rapping it can be hard to understand someone but you did very well and I could understand everything  you did.

“Well I’m not expert on rapping,” laughed Doojoon glancing at Junhyung, “ but overall your performance was well done and you have a stage presence that not many of the trainees have. You also seem to work well in a group which is needed if you debut in a group.”

“Manager Lee  is it okay if I ask them to perform something else?” asked Junhyung

“Of course.”

“ As a rapper you have to be able to pull of all kinds of emotions, including sad ones,” explained Junhyung, “so I would like to you perform my rap from our song ‘Clenching my fits tight. And don’t do it just like me put your own style to it but make sure you convey your emotions.”

            The three boys performed Junhyung’s rap and then Doojoon and Junhyung thanked them and left. Both of them had personal schedules that they had to leave for so they couldn’t stay longer. Doojoon and Junhyung made sure to text the dance instructor so they knew what the boys thought of the rappers. The boys were sure that by the end of the week the new member would be chosen and they would seriously start preparing for their comeback with dance practice, recording, photo shoot and music video shoot. The next two months were going to be very busy, although they loved being kept busy.

            That night Hyunki, Joon and KwangSoo had a hard time falling asleep even though they didn’t turn in until four. They were all thinking about the evaluation and which one of them would get the opportunity to debut in two months when BEAST made their comeback. The boys only got a few hours of sleep before they returned to the practice room. With the reality that one of them would debut soon it meant that they had to practice even harder. Whoever it was going to have to keep up with BEAST, who had two of the best dancers in CUBE, Kikwang and Hyunseung.  As the day drew on the boys began to wonder if they wouldn’t hear any news until tomorrow. They were actually practicing BEAST’s “Shadow” when their manager walked into the room. Joon stopped the music and the three of them greeted their manager.

“I suppose you are all wondering which one of you pasted.” Said their manager.

The boys nodded.

“You all did well yesterday but remember we had to think about which one of you would fit into BEAST as they are already a well established group. We also gave them your videos from yesterday and they gave us some feedback. After a lot of talk we finally came to an agreement. Congratulations……Hyunki, you will be joining BEAST as a new rapper and Maknae.”

Hyunki breathed a sigh of relief and Joon and KwangSoo both congratulated.  He felt bad for Joon and KwangSoo as he grabbed his gym back and followed the manager out of the room. Joon and KwangSoo had been trainees longer than him so he felt it was a little unfair to them but he didn’t have a lot of time to think about it, since he was headed straight to practice with BEAST. Just as they were about to walk into BEAST’s practice room Hyunki heard the sound of music playing, it sounded like a guide track, and Hyunseung guiding the members. When they stepped in all six of the members were there practicing. The manager waited until the song was done and then the boys stopped for a breather and to talk to them.  It was clear they had seen the manger and Hyunki step in from the mirror.

“Boys, this is Hyunki, your new rapper. I’ll let you teach him the ropes. Doojoon he’s staying in the dorm with you guys.”

So there Hyunki was left alone with the six members of BEAST, sunbae’s that he had followed since before he had joined CUBE.

 

So there you are the first chapter. Please leave comments I always love to hear what people have to say about my stories.