Chapter 21

Seven Become One

He hadn’t expected VIXX to act the way they had. The group had changed a lot in six years. They had gotten scarier and more imposing. Leo had always been scary, unless he gave a happy smile. Which Hyunseung had only seen once in his entire experience with Leo. Everyone knew not to mess with VIXX but now they really had no fear. Then again they had been right, Hyunseung couldn’t expose them without drastically tainting his own image. He walked back to his car dazed and wondering what to do. VIXX had gotten away with a lot of things since they’d  been at school but if they continued in the same direction they could hurt someone else and get away with it again.  Hyunseung felt like his hands were tied and it was frustrating. He hatted Leo having the upper hand. Another thing on Hyunseung’s mind was if he should tell Hyunki that he’d met with VIXX especially since this had to deal with both of them. When Hyunseung arrived back at the dorm he was rather surprised to see Hyunki as the only one up. He was sitting on the couch reading a bag of fan mail addressed to him.

“We should talk.” Said Hyunseung.

Hyunki started picking up the opened letters, “no, I don’t want to. When I’m ready then I will. Not now.”

Hyunki got up and headed to his room.

Hyunseung was a little taken aback.  Hyunseung wasn’t one to run away from his problems. In fact when the whole misunderstanding had started Hyunki had been the one to constantly try to get Hyunseung to understand and to clear things up. Only Hyunseung had been to thick headed to pay Hyunki any attention. So the fact that he was running away from the situation right now was rather unusual.

“Aw it’s two early,” wined Kikwang when Doojoon came in at six and woke them up.

“Come on we have that performance in Jeju this morning.” Said Doojoon pulling Kikwang out of bed, “Hyunki!”

“I’m awake,” he said in a sleepy voice.

“We have to leave in fifteen minutes so don’t lay around.”

“Did you even sleep at all?” asked Kikwang when he saw the dark circles under Hyunki’s eyes.

“A little,” he sighed, “I’m going to wash up first.”

            Since they were going to the airport that morning it meant airport fashion. Everyone had an opinion on what Hyunki’s airport fashion should be. Hyunki thanked everyone for the advice but he told them that he could make his own fashion. Which he did, a pair of dark jeans, red converse, black turtle neck, a silver necklace, red leather jacket and a white beanie. Unlike Kikwang it wasn’t all black but it wasn’t all color either. It was a nice balance. Hyunki didn’t forget his sunglasses either. He hadn’t been sleeping well the last few nights so he didn’t want his dark circles to show. When they arrived at the airport they were greeted by a bunch of fans. Hyunki noticed that there were no place cards for him but he didn’t say anything, he just kept moving forward. He waved a couple times at the fans but it was met by cold stares from B2UTYs. So he stopped.

            Thankfully the performance in Jeju went well. They had a fan signing event an hour later. As always Hyunki tried to put on a good smile. The fans were sneaky, they didn’t act mean towards Hyunki in front of the members. He did receive letters but Hyunki was sure that most of them were anti fan mail. There was one girl though, she was very cute and shy. When she reached Hyunki she told him that she thought he was a good new addition and that he was her new bias. Hyunki’s heart melted, he wanted to cry. By the girl’s expression on her face and the way she acted Hyunki was sure that every word the girl had said was true. He couldn’t believe it, he’d met a true fan of his!

“That must be some fan letter.” Said Dongwoon on the plane ride back to Seoul.

Hyunki hadn’t put down the fan letter that girl had given him. He kept reading and rereading it.

“It is,” said Hyunki smiling as he folded the letter and put it in his pocket.

“I know what you need to do to get all these haters on your side.” Said Yoseob suddenly popping up, “You should start acting cute! After all you’re the new Maknae and fans love it when we act cute.

“No, he should be chic and have lots of charisma like Junhyung and me.” Said Hyunseung flatly.

“did you forget that Hyunki is the maknae?” laughed Junhyung.

“anyo.”

Everyone laughed at Hyunseung’s cool reply.

“Maybe I will try being more cute.” Smiled Hyunki

            And so Hyunki started to act cute towards fans. And also to his hyung’s in public. Kikwang even said on a radio program that Hyunki showed more aegyo towards the members then Dongwoon did. And that Hyunki was really turning into their cute Maknae. Of course whenever a reporter asked Hyunki which hyung treated him the best the tables were turned and most of them acted cute towards Hyunki, although Hyunseung and Junhyung gave more a knowing stair. But Hyunki’s answer was always the same. Kikwang. Hyunki said it was mostly because he spent a lot of time with Kikwang as they shared a  room together and whenever he was having difficulty with the chorography Kikwang was the first to help him out.

“But have of the time Kikwang-ah gets it wrong,” teased Hyunseung.

“True,” laughed Hyunki, “then Hyunseung hyung comes in a rescues the situation.”

Everyone laughed at this little fact. It was funny that Hyunseung had to rescue Kikwang when it came to dancing as Kikwang was the main dancer.

            That night they were all tired and exhausted from the day like usual. Hyunki was going to take his shower when he got a phone call. The expression on his face quickly changed. He grabbed his back and quickly headed back out of the dorm without saying anything. Hyunseung and Junhyung quickly followed after him.

“Ya, Hyunki what’s the problem?” asked Hyunseung.

Hyunki stopped and looked behind him to see Hyunseung and Junhyung.

“It’s family stuff. I have to take care of.”

“Do you want us to come along. Perhaps we can be of some help.” Said Junhyung

“You can come Hyung,” said Hyunki glancing at Junhyung, “Hyunseung you stay here. Since you don’t want to trust me with your sister why should I trust you with mine.”

Junhyung glanced at Hyunseung wondering what that was about but followed Hyunki out. Since Hyunki didn’t have a car Junhyung offered to drive Hyunki where ever he needed to get to. To Junhyung’s surprise they went to a hospital. The emergency center. Inside they spotted Hyunki’s dongsaeng  Shi woo.

“Shi woo!” said Hyunki walking over to where he sat giving him a big hug.

“Hyung!” cried Shi woo wrapping his arms around Hyunki in a warm embrace

“Are you Hae Won’s brother?” asked a doctor walking up.

“Yes,” said Hyunki putting his brother down but not letting go of his hand, “how is she? Is she going to be okay?”

“You are lucky Shi Woo caught her in time. Hae Won took a rather big does, if the paramedics had arrived even a minute later she would be dead now.”

Hyunki breathed a sigh of relief, “thank you doctor.”

“She should stay for a few days. And with your permission I would like to put her in our detox program.”

“Sure of course. Can I see her?”

“Of course,”

“Junhyung can you stay Shi Woo for a bit?”

“Sure, take your time,” said Junhyung placing his hand on Shi Woo’s shoulder.

            An hour later the two of them were on their way back to the dorm after dropping Shi Woo off at a friend’s house since Hyunki’s mom wasn’t home. Hyunki was very quiet on the car ride back to the dorm. Junhyung wasn’t sure what to say. He could tell that Hyunki was worried about his siblings but he could also tell that other things were bothering him. Probably the B2UTYs having a hard time accepting him. When they arrived back at the dorm parking lot Junhyung didn’t get out right away. Instead he just turned off the car and glanced over at Hyunki.

“You know you can talk to me about anything. Even if you don’t want to talk about your family. I can tell other things are stressing you out too.”

“Thanks Hyung,” said Hyunki, “please don’t tell anyone that my sister as an addiction. Hyunseung doesn’t even know.”

“He didn’t seem to know that you had a dongsaeng either. How close were you two?”

“Very,” sighed Hyunki, “like brothers really. I just didn’t open up about my past. Shi Woo wasn’t even born when I was given up for adoption, I met him only about five and a half years ago.”

“and Hae Won, did you remember her from your childhood?”

“Oh yes, of course, when I was little she was the Noona I looked up to. But as you can tell she’s no longer the noona one looks up to.”

“Yeah, that was clear tonight.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Of course, what is it?”

“How do a get B2UTYs to like me. I’ve done everything I can to try and get them to like me but nothing seems to work.”

“Be yourself,” said Junhyung, “don’t worry about trying to be the good new Maknae, just be your normal self like you are with us. Then B2UTYs will fall for your charm. I am sure of it.”

Do you think Junhyung's advice will work? Will the B2UTYs accept Hyunki if he just is himself? OMG Hyunki's noona has a drug problem!

I am sorry I haven't posted anything for a while. I've just been really busy with work and school. It's just been so stressful, I am glad I got this chapter up for you all. I am hoping that I will be able to squeeze in a chapter a week after I get my homework done first. Please subscribe and comment. I welcome any and all comments.