chapter 22

Seven Become One

 

            Hyunki was very quiet when he returned to the dorm. The others could tell that something was going on. Doojoon asked him if everything was alright, Hyunki just nodded. Doojoon glanced at Junhyung and he gave Doojoon the look that meant not to talk about it at the moment. Really everyone was worried about Hyunki, even Hyunseung a little bit.  They could tell that not being accepted by B2UTYs was taking its toll on Hyunki. He had begun to lose some weight and he wasn’t the same lively boy they’d met a couple months ago. Hyunseung still wanted to talk to Hyunki about Leo but clearly tonight wasn’t the night to do that.

            About a week or so later Hyunki was on Happy Together with  Kikwang and Yoseob, both of them had been on the program before so they were used to the environment and the MCs. Hyunki wasn’t however and the shyer sided of him started to show. Yoseob and Kikwang could both tell that Hyunki was a little shy and nervous so they started teasing him and tickling him, before the show started, to make him more at ease.

“Now you three all seem to get along well, despite Hyunki being knew to BEAST, you were tickling him before we started.” Said Yoo Jaesuk

Kikwang and Yoseob laughed a little.

“Hyunki still gets a little nervous when going on programs,” explained Yoseob.

“So tickling him makes him lighten up,” said Kikwang poking Hyunki making him jump and everyone else laugh.

“Hyunki of Kikwang and Yoseob which one is a better hyung?” asked Jaesuk

“Well….can I say it?” asked Hyunki looking and Yoseob and Kikwang

“Go ahead,” they said in unison, with smiles on their faces.

“Well Kikwang is a good roommate, he’s tidy too. But Yoseob is the one that cooks for me more.”

Everyone laughed, including Yoseob and Kikwang.

“Which member is nicest to you.”

“Kikwang Hyung.” Said Hyunki spilling cold water all over Yoseob’s expectations.

“Ya!” he teased.

“Kikwang who has more aegyo, Yoseob or Hyunki?”

“Hyunki,” said Kikwang coolly, “Yoseob is getting to old.”

“Yeah!” said Yoseob playfully hitting Kikwang.

“Hyunki have you seen Yoseob’s cutie player?” asked one of the MC’s

“Yes.”

“Let’s compare, you do it now.”

Hyunki let out a sigh, and looked at Yoseob, but he just smiled and gestured for him to go ahead. Hyunki let out another long sigh. Going up against Yoseob was hard, he was good and had stolen the aegyo title away from Dongwoon when he was the Maknae, now it was Hyunki’s turn to show that he really was the Maknae.

“1+1 cutie” said Hyunki in a higher pitched voice placing a finger on each of his plump cheeks making all the girls in the room squeal.  Hyunki continued with bunny ears,  making owl eyes,  curling his fingers of four,  placing his palms on his cheeks for five making a surprised face, and the final one, six, kissing his fingers. By the time he had finished Yoseob and Kikwang were cringing in their seats and the girls in the studio were all squealing in delight.

“Aw, he’s the true Maknae, Dongwoon can’t act that cute.” Said Yoon Jaesuk.

The others laughed.

“Dongwoon still has a lot of aegyo,” said Hyunki, “he just shows it more in privet than in public.”

            The rest of the filming was just as fun and Yoon Jaesuk complemented Hyunki after they were done.  It was the first time Hyunki had been on a program with him and Jaesuk was rather surprised at how well he did. Most rookies seemed more shy then Hyunki had been, but it might have been because both Yoseob and Kikwang were there but still, Hyunki had done very well. A couple days later Hyunki signed into the fan-café under his dongsaeng’s user. He hadn’t revealed his family outside of TOP so none of the fans knew about Shi woo and so Hyunki was able to see what the fans were thinking of him now. Hyunki had hoped that things had changed over the last couple of days, he’d been trying extremely hard to win of the hearts of B2UTYs but it had been proving harder than he thought. So when he signed into the fan –café he wasn’t terribly surprised to see the same types of comments he’d seen before. He then started to chat with the fans.

“What do you guys think of Hyunki oppa acting cute?” typed Hyunki trying to sound like a fangirl.

“Cute! He shouldn’t act cute.” Said Ace25

“Yeah that’s Yoseob and Dongwoon’s job.” Added b2utyfoverver.

“Hyunki is trying to take over Dongwoon oppa’s role and I don’t like it.” Said Woonie2354

“Hyunki should just get lost.” Said Ace25

“that piece of trash is taking Junhyung oppa’s parts and trying to steal Dongwoon oppa’s place as Maknae.” Said b2utyfoever.

More and more comments like these started flooding in as the discussion about him heated up. Soon Hyunki had to log off, he couldn’t read the remarks anymore. Hyunki was just about to turn in for the night when he got a message from Jungkook asking Hyunki if he wanted to join him, Jin, and Jimin for a little two on two basketball at a nearby park. Hyunki told Kikwang that he was going out to meet some of his friends for a basketball match and then ran out the door after grabbing a jacket and mask. It felt good to be out of the door, no matter how much the members tried to make Hyunki feel comfortable Hyunki, often times, didn’t feel at home with the BEAST members, BTS felt more like home even though he wasn’t one of their members. If one thing differed between these groups that made Hyunki more comfortable it was that he didn’t feel like he was steeling anyone’s place in BTS and with BTS all the members liked him and he didn’t have a bad history with any of them

“You made it!” said Jimin when Hyunki ran up.

“of course, I told Jungkook I was coming.”

“So how do we want to divide the teams up?” asked Jin.

“How about hyungs verse dongsaengs.” Said Jimin.

“Call”

“Call”

            So the two on two match ended up being Jin and Jimin verse Jungkook and Hyunki. The four of them played for a good hour. All four of them were rather competitive so it was a nice hard workout.  It had been ages since Hyunki had played basketball with Jin, Jimin, and Jungkook and he was so happy to be playing tonight. Even though he was tired from his schedule Hyunki still had plenty of energy to play against his hyungs. The game was close but Jungkook and Hyunki ended up wining fifteen to fourteen. Since it was well after one am when they finished they all decided to go back to their dorms. Since they were all headed the same way for a little while they walked together. At one point Jungkook jumped onto Hyunki’s back, saying his legs were going to give out. Hyunki just smiled.

“How are things going with BEAST?” asked Jin

“Fine,” he said flatly

“It’s clearly not fine,” said Jimin,” you can’t fool us. What’s the problem now Hyunseung or B2UTYs?’

“Both,” sighed Hyunki, “I don’t think things are ever going to be the same between Hyunseung and I. As for B2UTYs,  they feel like I’m steeling Dongwoon and Yoseob’s part, particularly after I acted cute on Happy Together.”

“They’ll come around,” said Jungkook hopping off of Hyunki’s back, “I’m sure. How could they not like you. Just don’t get depressed okay?”

Hyunki smiled, “I wont.” He said

The four friends waved goodbye and headed. Hyunki returned to the dorm with a heavy heart, in some ways he wished he had made the cute for BTS and not have to go through all this difficulty with Hyunseung and B2UTYs. When he first heard that one of the trainees was going to join one of the already established groups at CUBE Hyunki had thought it had been BTOB, but it just had to be BEAST.  The group that Hyunseung belonged to. Ever since he’d joined the group the days had gotten more and more stressful, sometimes worse than his uncertain trainee days. When he reached the dorm Hynki didn’t sleep at all. Instead he set to work writing all his thoughts, emotions, stress and worries onto paper. The next two days things were going alright for Hyunki, B2UTYs were still talking trashing him but it wasn’t as bad as the last couple of days. Their concert was in less than two months and that weekend they were taking promo vides and pictures. All of the boys had their hands full. They were finishing up late one night when Hyunki got a phone call.

“No, keep her there, I’m on my way.” He said and then grabbed his stuff and hurried out of the room.

“Hyunki,” said Junhyung grabbing his arm before he got to far, “do you want me to come along?”

“No,” said Hyunki, “it’s better if I take care of this my own.”

            Hyunki rushed out of the building and into the nearest taxi and left. He had to get to the hospital before his sister left. There was no way he was going to let her leave without getting help. He just hopped that the hospital would let him do it. Since he wasn’t twenty yet he wasn’t technically able to force HaeWon to stay. Hyunki arrived at the hospital ward just as he saw his sister grabbing her things to leave.

“Oh no you don’t,” said Hyunki grabbing her purse and bag, “you’re staying.”

“OPPA!” exclaimed Hae Won, “I’m not sick. I can leave if I want.”

“No, you almost killed yourself and have a serious addiction. You need help.” Said Hyunki.

“Like you care that much, you’re to busy trying to make a career!” she snapped and then grabbed her things out of Hyunki’s hands and running out of the hospital.  She wasn’t looking where she was going and bumped into Hyunseung.

“Hyunseung-ah.” Said Hyunki seeing him.

“Hyunseung?” said Hae Won glancing at Hyunseung and then Hyunki, “You’re Jang Hyunseung!”

“Yes,” said Hyunseung with a slight smile, “I don’t think we’ve met you’re Hyunki’s…”

“Sister!” she snapped, “so you’re the guy who beet up my oppa and ruined his life.”

“Sister!” exclaimed Hyunseung looking at Hyunki. He knew Hyunki had mentioned a sister earlier that week but Hyunki called girls he was close to dongsaeng or noona, he hadn’t thought that it was a biological sister. But Hae Won did look like she could be Hyunki’s biological sister.

“Come on Hae Won, if you’re not going to stay here I’m taking you somewhere else.” Said Hyunki grabbing his dongsaeng’s hand and ignoring Hyunseung.

“No!” she yelled pulling her hand out of Hyunki’s grasp, “I want to know why you hurt my oppa, what could he possible have done to put him in a comma for?”

Oh no, how is Hyunseung going to reply to Hae Won? Did you like it when Hyunki acted cute? Do you think Hyunki will be able to win the hearts of B2UTYs soon? do you think Hyunseung will tell Hyunki what is going on with Leo and VIXX? Please comment and subscribe. thank you for reading my fic.