Chapter XVIII

"Mommy, who is my real Daddy?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miran went to the mall while waiting for Jihun's classes to end. She went inside a baby clothing store and looked at various shirts.

She picked up a white one piece pajama and looked at the shelf to find other colors.

"How about this one?" Miran heard a voice behind her and turned around. "Byunghun..."

L.Joe smiled at her, to which she dismissed. "The red one is better and it's your favorite color." He asked. He still remembers..

"What are you doing here?" Miran sharply asked. "Just.. Wondering around." He place the pajama back on its place.

"So this is how it feels huh? Buying clothes for your unborn child." He bitterly smiled. "It feels.. Good, and there's excitement. I wish, I was there for you to buy Jihun's first clothes back then."

L.Joe sighed, "Maybe, My life isn't full of bitterness right now, but joy."

Miran swallowed the lump on , "I have to go." She said and left the store.

 

L.Joe caught up with her and grabbed her wrist, Miran gasped.

"Just one hour." He said. "Spend just one hour of your time with me.. Please.."

 

Miran found herself sitting at a cafe with L.Joe across her. He had ordered her favorite Mocha frappe and Iced Americano for him.

"Congratulations on your pregnancy." L.Joe said and grinned. "Thanks.." Miran timidly said.

A moment of silence passed, Miran looked at L.Joe who was starring at his cup of coffee.

"I'm going back to America." He blurted. "And before I leave, I want to say that... I'm sorry."

"I shouldn't have said what I said back then. It was very stupid of me."

"I'm a man. I should be brave and take responsibility, but instead I became a coward and left you and Jihun."

"I wish I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter