Chapter 2

Inner Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrHZ6LUBMsA Jay Park- Metronome

 

☽ Subtle touches☽

"I'm off to class! Lock the gates on your way out."

Dana called out to her roommate as she slammed the door shut. She put on her coat and pulled a beanie on as she made her way down towards campus. The end of autumn marked the start of a bone-chilling winter. It had snowed overnight and the once green patches of grass, filled with students and picnic mats, were now blanketed by a thick layer of snow. A strong gust of wind left Dana's exposed cheeks prickling with a cold sensation.

Dana hated winter. She wasn't a very warm-blooded person. She easily got cold and had an awful sinus. She often caught the frostbite and she hated that the most. The only good thing she enjoyed about winter though was the pureness of the white snow and the shimmering icicles dangling from tree branches and lamp posts. Dana vividly remembered when she used to build snowmen and forts with her sister, Daia. 

Then she grew up. And the fond memories of their childish games stayed as memories; for Dana had little to no time for her family anymore. It was always school, school and more school. Sometimes she wondered why she even settled for a course in medicine. It was absolute torture. 

The sudden ringing of her phone snapped her out of her daze as she glanced at the screen to unlock it.

"Hello?" 

"Dana, Thank God you're alive! You told me you were coming home yesterday. I waited up for you all night! I called you 15 times. I was so worried,"

Dana smiled tenderly as she heard the evident concern in her little sister's voice. 

"My battery died, and I forgot to tell you that I left my assignment back at the dorm. I fell asleep after that... sorry." 

"Don't ever do that again! I thought you were being kidnapped by that Kai guy you were out with."

Dana chuckled at her sister's over protectiveness.

"Now why would you think that?"

"Because he—" Dana could hear her mother beckoning for her sister in the background and Daia groaned in frustration. 

"I'll call you later, mom's nagging at me to get in the car." Dana smiled and bid farewell before hanging up on her beloved sibling. 

 

Dana turned the corner and bumped into a solid chest. She slowly looked up and was met with a tall, fair blonde with a sly smirk on his face."Hi."

Dana raised her eyebrows at the ambiguity of the situation. He's never greeted her on campus before...

"How are you, Sehun?"

She was genuinely curious, seeing as to how he was actually talking to her right now.

"Good actually, thanks for asking. How was your date with Kai yesterday?" he asked casually as he stuffed his hands into his pockets. 

Dana gave him a curt nod and a smile, indicating that all went well; and Sehun knew. His lips twitched up in a half smile as he waved goodbye, stepping around her and continued his journey to god knows where. 

Dana turned around and noticed that he was only wearing a plain long-sleeved shirt paired with ripped jeans. It was sub-zero degrees— the boy wasn't even wearing a jacket!

Strange.

 

The cafeteria was bustling more than ever now that the season had changed, but Dana had no trouble finding her roommate amidst the crowd.

"Hey Yura, how was first period?" Dana asked as she slid into her seat. 

"I wouldn't know, I slept through it." Yura yawned and Dana sighed at her friend's behaviour. Yura was often out with her boyfriend and she seldom came back to the dorm e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter