Chapter 11

Inner Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAC47_j8QkQ f(x)- Red Light

 

☽Locked Secrets☽

  Dana sighed, combing out the tangled strands in her hair with her fingertips. She straightened out her turtleneck and stared at herself in the mirror. Her eye bags were so bad to the point where makeup couldn't even conceal the puffiness under her eyes. Dana clicked her tongue in annoyance, turning to grab her jacket.   "Why the long face?" Kai asked as he sauntered into the room, hair still damp from the shower.    "Look how swollen my eyes are." Kai squinted at her face as he followed where her finger pointed.    "It's what happens when you cry too much. Besides, no one's gonna notice." The wolf chuckled as he shook the water off his hair. Dana yelped at the sudden attack and reached her hands out to shield herself from the raining droplets.   "God Kai, you're a wolf not a dog."   "Doesn't mean I can't act like one." He grinned boyishly, reaching out to ruffle her hair. The ends of her lips curled down into an agitated frown.   "I just brushed that."    She glared daggers into retreating his back; fuming, as he bolted out the door.     Dana hauled her bag up and followed suit, only to find herself standing in front of a fully set up table of food; Bacon sandwiches and freshly rolled Kimbap. Her sharp eyes caught onto Yura's figure traipsing out of the kitchen.   "You couldn't have cooked all this." Dana deadpanned and Yura outwardly huffed in annoyance.    "Thank you for that lovely compliment; but some girl dropped by this morning saying that this food's for you guys. I thought; since Kai's here and all, why not set the table. We haven't had breakfast together in forever anyway."   Dana's eyes snapped over to Kai who had already started munching on a strip of bacon. "It's from Lara."  he shrugged.    A big puff of air escaped Dana's lips as she turned her head away. "I gotta get to school. I'm due for first presentation."    She strode to the door slipping on her winter boots sullenly, barely listening as Yura's shrill voice resonated through the entire apartment. "Rude, Dana. Get your sulky back in this damn chair or I swear to God I will—"    Dana cut her off by slamming the door shut behind her with a bang.   "She's so annoying these days! What's wrong with her?"   Kai chewed on his food slowly, reaching out to stuff a few rolls of kimbap in foil.   "She's got some family issues right now, so i hope you'd understand." Kai bowed towards the frustrated roommate and slipped out the door, grabbing a familiar scarf from the coat rack along the way.      ☽       Dana cursed softly as the cold wind howled and blew a gust of air towards her. Her bare neck was freezing; she knew she'd forgotten something.   There was a sudden tingle in her fingertips and she turned her head slightly; eyes fixated on a brunette who'd suddenly showed up next to her out of nowhere. Kai smirked dangerously as he leaned closer to her. His hands on the small of her back was enough to stop Dana from any further movement. The sparks buzzed in her spine, bursting the adrenaline throughout her entire body; it was a pleasurable feeling.      But contrary to what she felt inside, Dana was frozen in the spot. She could feel the warmth spread from her fingertips all over her body from a single touch. And Kai only seemed to notice it when Dana's pulse quickened.    "You forgot your scarf, clumsy." Kai smoothly wrapped his midnight blue scarf around her neck, tying and adjusting it for good measure. Kai chuckled the moment he stepped back for a better look.    Dana was all bundled up, her doe eyes sparkling with interest as she buried her face into the scarf. Kai loved the smell of his musky scent all over her; and from the seems of it, she'd taken a liking to it too.   Kai dug into his bag and unwrapped the roll of foil, offering a piece of kimbap to Dana. The girl cringed at the snack but accepted it anyway when Kai threatened to tell Lara on her.    "Speaking of which," Dana started in between chews, "my...mother told me about a blood witch living in Gwacheon. Said she'd probably be able to reverse the bindings so, tell Lara no need to use all that locater spell crap."   Kai nibbled on his lower lip as he asked a question. "Do you have something against Lara?"   "Yeah. Now don't ask anymore."   "Dana," he held an arm out to deny her right of path. "She's a powerful witch, and she agreed to help you when you were near desperate. But what she can and cannot do is beyond her. At least appreciate that."   "I'm not angry that she can't help me undo the spell. I'm angry because she takes me for someone whom she cannot trust. And it disturbs me more than anything else. How am I supposed to live with her if she doesn't trust me?"   Kai scanned the surroundings, as if someone was going to pop out of nowhere. "Dana, you've only known her for two days. She has a right not to trust too easily, she's been conned by her own kind before. She doesn't know how you'd react to the news either because she hasn't known you long enough. Give it some time, she's a good person."   Kai did have a point right there.    Dana groaned but relented anyway as the wolf offered her another roll of kimbap. "Fine."   Kai peeked at Dana's watch and a flicker of mischief glinted in his eyes.   "You're late for presentation."      

     
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter