Chapter 16

Inner Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kianU0-8FM Ailee-Letting Go

☽Trust me☽

Dana curled further into the sheets of Kai's bed, seeking for comfort as she felt her runes pulse beneath her skin. She cracked her eyes open and stretched a palm out to caress the scar she had encrypted earlier. Dana completely blanked out. She couldn't even remember what happened after Python hurled himself towards her. She recalled coming to with a sizzling sensation on her palm, only to realise she'd carved an unknown rune on her own skin. A knock came at the door and Dana replied with a hum. 

A head poked in from behind the door as it creaked open. Abel smiled softly, closing the door behind her and walking over to where Dana was cocooned under the sheets. 

"Hey, how're you feeling?" her eyes sparkled in anticipation as she gently cupped the side of the younger's face. Dana felt relief wash through her body at that single touch, as if all her troubles had subsided.

"I don't know how I'm gonna explain this mess to the university."

Abel's carefree laughter resonated throughout the entire room. "I guess we're all lucky Xiumin took up that policeman post, huh." 

A sudden thought crossed Dana's mind and she shot up in alarm. "Kai—"

The older girl nudged her back down and replied with a tender smile. "He's fine, honey. He's a werewolf."

Dana heaved a sigh of relief and resumed evaluating her hand. Abel's sharp intuition caught onto the item of her attention and moved closer to examine it. 

"Woah, did you do this?"

"Yeah, but I don't remember how I got it."

"Do you know what it is?" she questioned with genuine curiosity.

"No not at all."

"Maybe you should ask Lara. I bet she'd know." Abel offered encouragingly.

"Yeah, I bet she would." Dana muttered monotonously as she turned her attention to the female wolf sitting next to her.

Abel pursed her lips at Dana's skeptical tone. 

"She's not a bad person, I swear. She'd do anything to protect our pack. Since you're our new addition, I just want you to know that she'd go miles out of her way just to keep you safe. Learn to trust her."

Dana sighed, her hands fiddling with the hem of the sheets. "I know."

 

 

"Ouch, could you be a little more gentle with that?" Dana snapped at Lara as the witch rubbed some healing cream onto the open wounds. The elder sighed in frustration, Lara locked Dana's chin in place and shone the light into her eyes. She let her hands drop to her sides before turning away.

"Drink." Lara ed a mug of herbal tea into the younger's hands; who refused. "Dana, drink. You'll heal faster." Dana sealed her lips tight with resolution. 

"Witch or not, you're still human, idiot. Don't make me force it down your throat." The elder slammed the mug onto the table before walking away from the younger. "Seriously, why do you hate me so much when all I've been trying to do is help you!"

Dana lightly caressed the bruises and bandages on her arms. The witch wasn't exactly wrong, but Dana would rather not owe anything to her. 

"I don't hate you. I just really don't understand why you're not telling me everything." Lara bit her lip anxiously, knowing exactly what Dana was talking about. 

She decided to concede, considering the fact that Dana and her would have to get along eventually. 

"Like I told you before, I was born into the Blood Circle. My mother was a Blood Sister and so was her mother. Through centuries, we worked with forces of nature and the blood from our own veins, to pour out every ounce of magic we could from our bodies. Essentially for a blood witch's power to grow, we'd need to be accustomed to the use of dark magic. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter