Chapter 20

Inner Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAC47_j8QkQ f(x)- red light

 

☽ Mistakes and Rage ☽

Lara gingerly placed a palm on her workbench, taking deep breaths in attempt to compose herself; the cup of water she was holding onto now empty. 

"What exactly did you think you were doing?" the older witch asked, her voice dropping to a dangerous whisper. 

The younger fixed her gaze to the floor, avoiding the intensity of her glare. "I told you," she murmured quietly as she looked up. "I don't know."

"Exactly. You can't control yourself, Dana" Lara let out a scoff in quiet contempt. "So someone else is doing it for you."  The older witch reached out and made a circling motion in the air with her hand. Dana felt the Steele in her left boot move and just as she was about to reach down for it, Lara already had the wand in her palm. 

"You think you know all about the coven—" Lara spat as she inspected the Ruby Steele in her hand. "just because your mother was one of them." 

Her gaze was back on Dana, hard and threatening. "You believed Aori when she told you Ruby was your gem?" 

Dana's breath hitched in under Lara's scrutiny. She swallowed and cleared . "I thought she was just trying to help—"

"She was trying to use you! Manipulate you and your power!"

 

Lara slammed the glass cup down onto the table and it shattered beneath her fingers. Dana flinched as a shard grazed past her cheek. 

Kai growled as he stepped forward to stand protectively in front of Dana and the white witch shot a hand out to push him away to the farthest end of the room with a strong force, without even touching him. "Stay out of this, Kai." 

Chanyeol and Chen caught the Alpha in their grips and stopped him from lunging himself at the witch. 

Dana could feel blood trickle down the cut on her cheek, but she held out. "You don't know what you're talking about."

Lara was visibly trying to hold herself back from lashing out on Dana. Her body shook with rage. 

"The Blood Circle only seeks power through bloodshed. Why else do you think they're called the Blood Circle?" as she raised her voice, the ground beneath them shook. Kris stepped forward cautiously to place a palm on his mate's shoulders. Lara took a deep breath and closed her eyes. 

"Ruby," she started once more as she snapped her eyes open, looking less crazed than before. "is what represents the coven. It's a gem that not only absorbs power, but stores negative energy—one that the coven is built upon. Every time you use that Steele, Aori gains more power. She becomes even more immortal, harder to kill."

Dana's mind could barely register what the older witch was saying. "What are you talking about, it's my Steele—not Aori's—" 

"You naive child," Lara scoffed. "You'd rather believe a Blood witch who's killed millions of people since the Great Crusade, over the person protecting your very own pack from danger?" Lara shook her head at the younger and cracked her jaw in place.

 "You'd believe the person who killed my mother when i chose to leave the coven?" 


Kris took Lara's hand in his, drawing soothing circles on her palm as the latter exhaled a ragged breath. "It's a lost cause trying to convince you. You're so damn prideful about yourself. You think i didn't want to tell you about your birth mother?"  

The glint in Dana's eyes changed the moment Lara brought up the topic.

"I had no choice. How was i supposed to tell you she's got a bounty on her head for going rogue? You'd never have believed me then, just like how you'd never believe me now. But i am stating the facts." Dana's eyes widened in shock. 

"What—what do you mean rogue?"

"She's killing witches for their power, and Aori is conspiring with her to gain full immortality. You," sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter