Chapter 4

Inner Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuE7rx7VDsY Troublemaker -There is no tomorrow

 

☽Dazed And Confused☽

Dana checked her reflection in the glass panels of the elevator as she reached the top. She was here yet again, not sure whether Kai really liked the food here or because this was the only fancy place he knew.

Dana wasn't actually the spoilt kinda girl who would settle for candle-lit dinners while sipping imported wine. Heck, she wouldn't even have dreamt of it. She felt awkward in high class restaurants where all the richest of the rich dined in and that got her wondering... how did Kai even afford these things?

The same brunette she had met weeks ago assisted her to her table.

 

"Sorry I'm late." she apologised as she slipped into her seat.

"Just in time." Kai smirked.

 

 

"So I wanted to ask," Kai started as he propped both hands onto the table. "what exactly do your parents do?"

Dana flinched. What was she to tell him? that her parents were part of the White Magic council and that they earned money by keeping tabs on supernatural beings living in the country?

"Just, you know.. administration."

Kai raised an eyebrow. "Government jobs?"

"Yeah, very white-collar." Dana nodded. Well it wasn't entirely a lie. They did work in admin. Just, not for the government. "And yours?"

Kai shrugged, and took a sip of his wine. "Business." Dana's curiosity piqued.

"Oh, what kind?"

"It's pretty confidential," he reached out to touch her hand. "but I could tell you, if--" Kai's voice was caught in his throat as his breath hitched. His grey eyes shimmered a brighter hue of blue and his grip on Dana's hand tightened.

"Kai are you--" 

 

The chandelier lights flickered and panic rose in the room. Dana watched in astonishment as his eyes flashed an electric blue for a split second. He hastily snapped out of it and pulled away from her. The chaotic ballroom soon turned silent after the lights regained norm.

 

"What was—" Dana murmured in confusion. Kai's fingers twitched on the table and he glanced up through the glass panel; his jaw clenched as his eyes trained themselves past Dana's shoulders.

The said girl followed his gaze only to notice his item of interest;

 

The moon.

 

It was a full moon tonight and Dana wasn't exactly sure when she had last seen one.

She whipped her head back around and looked at him weirdly.  Kai seemed to be communicating in some silent language that only he and the moon could understand.

 "Kai? Are you—" At that moment Kai's eyes flashed the same electric blue Dana had seen a few seconds ago, but only this time, it didn't fade away. He cursed under his breath before excusing himself from his date. 

Just as she was about to stand up and follow him, Taemin appeared from around the corner with a grin on his face. 

 

"Please excuse Master Kai, he'll be right back."

Dana shot him a skeptical look as she sunk back into her chair.

"Master..?"

Taemin snapped his fingers and immediately, waiters filed into the secluded corner, laying out all the dishes on the table.

"Dinner is served," 

"—I'd like to follow Kai, please." Dana cut him off as she stood up from her chair, only to be forcefully pushed back down by a pair of hands on her shoulders. 

She looked up in surprise to see Minho smiling down at her.

"Bon Apetit."

 

 

Dana nudged the cake on her plate boredly. She was already at the dessert course and Kai still wasn't back. She sighed and decided to leave when a sudden shuffling was heard. She snapped her attention up and noticed his arrival. 

 

Finally; her mind exclaimed.

 

"You're a little late, I was just on my way out." Dana spoke in quiet contempt. 

"I—"

"No, you know what? I've never felt so embarrassed in my entire life. I can't believe I just spent two hours all by myself. What a gentleman you turned out to be." Dana huffed as she angrily shoved past Kai.

A hand shot out to catch her in her escape. He tightly clasped her wrist before striding out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter