Chapter 1

Inner Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BCa1jfnRqg Crush- I fancy you

 

☽ A beauty under the moon ☽

Dana brushed her dress down as she stared at herself in the mirror. She heaved a deep breath to calm her nerves and her eyes fluttered close.

Today was the day she had agreed to meet Kai. She couldn't even believe that she had agreed to it. They were in such a compromising position when he had asked her out on a date the previous week that Dana turned red each time the scene replayed in her mind. 

Dana was cloaked with anxiety as she thought of the worst possible scenarios that might go wrong during the date. Her heart palpitated when Kai's image was painted behind her closed lids. She snapped her eyes open and put a hand to her chest. This was all so unfamiliar to her. 

Why was her heart beating so fast?

"You know sis, you're gonna drown in your own thoughts if you don't stop over thinking." a voice spoke from the corner of the room and Dana's eyes shifted to meet her sister's through the mirror.

"Daia," she frowned as she spun around and crossed her arms. 
"Stop using your magic to eavesdrop on me."

Daia waved her hand away and jumped onto her sister's bed, snuggling under the covers.

"So, who has the honour of making my sister so nervous like this? I wanna know his name. He just set a world record."

Dana rolled her eyes and applied some lip tint to make her lips look fuller.

"His name is Kai and he's in my college."

Daia's eyebrows furrowed at the strange familiarity of the said name. "Kai....?" 

Dana nodded, unaware of the sudden recognition in her sister's eyes.

"Uh...maybe you should bail this one out, sis. He sounds.... dangerous..." Daia's voice trailed off as she sat up in alarm.

Dana scoffed at her sister's weird change in attitude and rolled her eyes. 
"And since when were you one to judge people by their names?"

"No, sis you don't understand...I've heard stories of this one..." 

Dana sprayed some perfume on her wrists before walking over to her little sister and pulling her into an embrace.

"Don't worry, I'm just going for the experience. Nothing will happen, Daia. I'll see you soon, okay? Don't wait up."

Dana pulled away and beamed at her sister before grabbing her bag and heading out of her room. 

Daia frowned in displeasure as she got off the bed and walked towards the balcony. She watched intently as her older sister walked out the front yard and got into the cab she had called for.

Daia looked up at the dark sky with an ambiguous heart. The moon was full tonight and she admired it for being the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. 

Her eyes widened the moment she caught sight of a tinge of red which began tainting the bright moon. 

A blood moon.

Daia in a breath and turned around, biting her nails in unease.

"Don't tell me that Kai—" Daia walked past Dana's laundry basket and came to a sudden halt. There was a strange scent that didn't belong to her sister, it smelled like...

Wolf.

Daia lifted a blouse from the basket and twirled her finger, a strange mist soon appeared circling around her fingertips. She sniffed it and a flash of realisation pas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter