23rd Birthday

Tale of The Hearts

Tiffany peek into the living room when she noticed something missing "Wait, we don't have balloons?" her eyes starts to widen in panic when Jessica comes to the rescue "Fany, Fany…Taenggoo is in charge of balloons, she'll be here any minute. Don’t worry,"

 

"Are you sure?" she asked, holding the bowl of salad close to her chest, worried.

 

"Very very sure. Come on let’s get back to your cooking," Jessica signals Yoona to call Taeyeon before she sends the girl back to the kitchen. Back in the living room she asked "Where's she?"

 

"Taeyeon unnie is not answering. Seohyun will be here anytime soon. Unnie, please..." Yoona keep dialing again and again.

 

Just after when the door flung open "Everybody balloons here!"

 

"Taeyeon unnie!" Yoona sighs in relief.

 

"Taenggoo! Finally," Jessica too.

 

"Sorry I'm late. The recording takes longer than I thought it'll be," Taeyeon apologizes

 

"It's okay unnie," Yoona assured the latter.

 

"Okay. Stop it and get in…" just then when Yoona and Jessica realizes that their so called Kim Taeyeon is still outside trying her best to push all the balloons through the door at once. "Get in…come on!"

 

Jessica and Yoona giggle before they went over. "We have it unnie. Stop forcing the balloons in or it'll burst,"

 

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Sunny finally reach her limit "Choi Sooyoung!"

 

"I just wanna have a taste," pouting again, Sooyoung whine.

 

"You'll have a taste later. How in the world would I finish the cake if your hands keep stretching out for unnecessary tasting session?"

 

"Yuri-ah…" Sooyoung turns to Yuri who's busy with the tomato salad.

 

"No no Sooyoungie. It's your fault. I think you'll be much needed in the living room. It's better for you to help Yoong since Sica and Taenggoo wouldn’t be much help when it comes to height,"

 

"Kwon Yul! We heard that!" Jessica shout out loud.

 

"Sorry!" Yuri apologizes with a giggle.

 

"Or you could help me prepare the table Sooyoungie. The dishes are done," Hyoyeon offers to the girl.

 

"I'll help you then," Sooyoung smile excitedly. "Hyoyeon-ah, since the dishes are done, can I have a taste?" Sooyoung beg with her best puppy eyes.

 

Hyoyeon smile brightly but she disappoint the girl once again "Nope. We'll eat together later,"

 

In mere second, the smile changes back to a long pout.

 

******************************

 

"Come in," she gives her permission hearing the knock on her office door.

 

"Here's your ticket for tomorrow," her personal assistant, Kang Hee hands the flight ticket over.

 

"Thanks Kang Hee-ah. You may go. It's already 8.30,"

 

"How about you?" Kang Hee seems reluctant.

 

"I'm on my way. You may go, really," she smiles assuring the lady.

 

"Don’t overwork yourself on your birthday boss," Kang Hee smiles playfully before she walks out and eventually left the gallery.

 

Birthday. Seohyun sigh. Again, she checks her phone. Not even a single message. 'He must be busy' she try to comfort herself but she can’t seem to get rid of the disappointment.

 

******************************

 

"Hurry! Hurry! Seobaby's here!" Hyoyeon already sprinting around switching off the lights. Ready with the birthday cake, they stand together 3 meters away from the front door, prepared to surprise their maknae.

 

After a while, they heard the nearing footsteps when a sudden loud rang surprise them back.

 

"Whose phone is that?" Tiffany hissed but before anyone could answer they hear a loud squeal outside "Kyu oppa!!"

 

"Cho Kyuhyun," Sooyoung grit her teeth in annoyance before she stomps to the door.

 

"Sooyoung-ah!" Taeyeon stretch out her hand to grab Sooyoung's arm but the moment she realize, the front door is already flung open.

 

*******************************

 

"Kyu oppa!!" Seohyun can’t hide her excitement. Finally. The very one call she's been waiting since morning.

 

"Hello there my dear little darling. Miss me?"

 

"Of course I do. How's New York?"

 

"Lively as always. Anyway, happy birthday sweetheart,"

 

"Thanks oppa. Is every…" Seohyun words float in the air when someone snatches her phone away.

 

"Cho Kyuhyun! You moron! Can't you be more effective in arranging your time?!!!"

 

Surprised, Kyuhyun can only blurt out that name "Sooyoung-ah,"

 

"Do you know how many hours I've wait! I don’t even had my dinner yet you pick this time to call her!! Do you know how hungry I am?!!!"

 

"Unnie?" hearing that smooth sweet voice Sooyoung eject back to reality. "Seohyun-ah," she looks to her right before she peeks inside the house "I just ruined everything didn't I?"

 

The shock silence automatically turns into a field of laughter from everybody. "Aigoo Sooyoung-ah,"

 

 

Finally, an update! I'm terribly sorry for the long wait....i've been extremely busy with assignments and reports and preparation for my upcoming exam and all sorts of things...it's been too long and i just can't sit still so here's an update for all of you..sorry for the crappy chapter, i'll try my best to write an axciting one for the next update...

 

And, some Seokyu moments...but bear in mind, i never hinted that Seohyun is gonna end up with Kyuhyun, it could be someone else...anyway enjoy (^^,)