Reason

Tale of The Hearts

"It's retrograde amnesia,"

 

Taeyeon put her hand on to hide the electrifying shock "Am…amnesia?" she don't know why but the warm droplets start to threaten to fall down her cheek.

 

"It's been 3 years," the older woman sends her teary gaze to her young master "He remembers nothing. He's like that since he woke up from his coma, behaving like a 5 years old..."

 

Taeyeon let her eyes to land on the guy, he looks so excited eyeing various types of pastry in the coffee shop. Innocent smile keeps blossoming on those lips, just like a little kid, exactly in the state he is right now. The tears she's been holding finally makes its way to her pale cheek. So this is why you never write back after that last letter, because you don't remember…

 

For a moment, Taeyeon confuse herself. She knows very well she treasures that guy more than any of her fans but why does it feels exceptionally painful to know that he doesn't remember her. The pain she's feeling right now is unbearable. Why does it hurt so much to admit that he don't remember me?

 

"He shows no progress for the past 3 years but he starts to the day he heard you Taeyeon-ssi,"

 

"He heard me?" her earlier thoughts fade away just like that.

 

"I was arranging his stuff when I found your album. A whole lot of them. I was just casually playing it when he response to it, to be exact he response to your voice,"

 

"My voice?"

 

"The doctor said so. When I realize he response to music, I starts to play back all of the albums in his keeping but he response only to your songs. Then, when the doctor realize your voice may play a big role in his treatment,"

 

Taeyeon gasped in disbelief. How can…how could it be?

 

"I know it may sounds illogical because he has no relationship whatsoever with you but he's attached to you. So much in an unexplainable way,"

 

Then when Taeyeon realize something "That's why he called me mommy,"

 

The woman nods "Yes Taeyeon-ssi. You mean so much to him but in his current state he can't figure it out why, so with the mentality of a 5 years old, if someone means that much she's considered family in his case a mother since he never have one,"

 

Taeyeon sit still. Everything starts to arrange itself in place. In conclusion, she may help him to remember, to regain his loss memory…'and to remember me'…out of nowhere the sudden thought knocks her minds.

 

Just after when the guy ran to their table "Omma, I want that ice cream," he point to the Baskin Robin outlet on the other side of the road.

 

Smiling sweetly, Taeyeon grabs that hand "Ok honey, let's get you an ice-cream,"

 

"Yeay!" just like a 5 years old would do, Wooyoung squeals happily.

 

"Taeyeon-ssi," Wooyoung's nanny seems surprise with her sudden action.

 

"The doctor said I might help right? Then let me," she smiles sincerely to the older woman, and after a while she smiles back in tears, thankful.

 

*********************************

 

"Starting tomorrow I'll be eating alone again," out of nowhere Sherleen sigh.

 

"Hey, you can ask Jinwoon for a company. He's a sweet guy, I don’t think he'll refuse," Seohyun gives her suggestion to the girl. Being here for a week is enough for her to make good friends with the third heiress of the hotel, Sherleen Horvejkul. Opposite to her short tempered brother, the girl is bubbly and cheerful. Besides, she has lots of interest in arts, and the similarity surely tied them closer.

 

"Jinwoon oppa? I think he loves my brother so much that he never wants to leave him for even a second," the girl pouts.

 

The revelation invites a big laughter from Seohyun "Really?"

 

"No need to say," drown in their chat, they already arrive in front of the elevator. Luckily they don't have to wait when the door opens right after.

 

"Wait a minute…" Seohyun ruffles through her bags.

 

"Why unnie?" reflex, Sherleen push the hold button on the elevator.

 

"Sherleen honey, I'm sorry. I think I left my journal in the grand ballroom,"

 

Smiling Sherleen nods "So you need to go back and pick it up because it's literally your other half right?"

 

"Right,"

 

"It's ok unnie. I'll be up first. Good night,"

 

"Night honey. Sweet dreams!" she manages to wish the girl a proper good night before the door close.

 

Walking back to the grand ballroom, Seohyun takes a glance at her watch. 9pm. 'I hope they doesn't close it too early' she prays as she definitely can't function without her journal. Nearing her destination a distant melody reaches her ears.

 

'Rivers Flow in You?' her eyebrow rises up in curiosity. As far as she remembers, there aren’t any events tonight. The closer she gets to the grand ballroom the melody becomes clearer and clearer. Arrived, she noticed the opened door. Peeking inside she saw someone, sitting alone in the massive area, the hand run swiftly through the black and white keys of the shining grand piano. He looks lost in his own world.

 

The beautiful picture sends her the urge to draw. Knows exceptionally well that her journal isn't with her, she ruffles through the things in her handbag for anything available, and the one thing she noticed was only her packet of tissue. Sitting down at the door with a piece of tissue on her lap her fingers naturally moves by itself. In no time, the blank white tissue becomes a piece of breathtaking portrait.

 

Like coincidence, when the melody stops her hands too finish the last line on the portrait. "You play well, Nichkhun-ssi,"

 

The sudden compliment surprise Nichkhun. "Wha..what are you doing here?" he stutters. Never before, anyone had ever seen him like this. In other word, his long abandon self.

 

"Picking up my journal," Seohyun picks up her journal on the piano "I never thought you'd have this side of yours," she smiles genuinely.

 

"You never should have peek on anyone like this," his voice sounds a little unpleasant.

 

Seohyun smiles. She knows this guy right here very well, one week was enough for her to read him from head to toe. "I know. I'm very sorry, but I doesn't watch your performance for free," she puts her tissue portrait on the piano. "Consider this as my payment for the show," Seohyun wink before she leisurely left.

 

Sending the lady out with his eyes, Nichkhun finally picks the tissue left on the piano. "Seo Juhyun," eyeing the exquisite artwork, he reads the signature on the bottom left of the unique portrait. Unknowingly, a small smile curve on his lips.

 

 

hello everybody, sorry for being such a bad writer...I know I left all of you waiting for so long for the update..forgive me..this is the new chapter..hope all of you enjoy (^^,)..sorry again for the late late update...