The Start Of Something New

100-day Love Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Theme Song: For You covered by G.O

99th day [Fri, Feb 13th] 11:30pm They were sitting on the same bench where they first set up the Love Game. They had gone back to all the places they were dating in these past days until they settled down in this park. Holding their hands together while Victoria rested her head on his shoulder, they both looked up at the night sky waiting for the moment of their last day start.

“I’m thirsty” said Victoria turning her head to face G.O

“What would you like to drink? I’ll go the buy it for you” he asked her with a warm smile on his lips.

“Anything is fine” replied Victoria shortly looking at her boyfriend who now stood in front of her.

“Then, don’t go anywhere and wait for me here, araso?” ordered G.O patting her head gently when Victoria nodded in reply. With that, he ran to the grocery shop to buy some drink for his girlfriend while Victoria sitting alone waited for him back. A few minutes after G.O disappeared from her sight, she looked up at the sky again and thought about them. What will she say to him after he comes back? What will they be after tomorrow? How will they act after the game end? Many many questions popped on her mind. Suddenly, her heart ached in a second and the painful memory replayed in a flash.

 

“Uncle, I’m thirsty” said little Qian shaking the hem of his shirt. They were sitting on a bench in the park near their house and Song Qian was just 6 years old at that time.

“What would you like to drink? I’ll go buy it for you” asked her uncle her head with a warm smile on his lips. She is his nephew but he loves her as if she was his own daughter although his wife doesn’t like the little girl at all and always said that Qian is the person that giving others bad luck.   

“Green tea” replied Qian happily while clapping her tiny hands.

“Then, don’t go anywhere and wait for me here, okay?” he ordered patting her head gently before going across the road to the grocery store. But once he came back, a trunk accidentally bumped him when he was walking in the middle way. The traffic light was red but the driver was searching for something falling down his feet so he didn’t see it and the accident happened right in front of the little girl’s eyes. Qian was running to his direction when she saw him coming back but before she could step down the road, the accident occurred.

“Uncle, uncle” screamed Qian with tears flowing down her bunny eyes. She was taken to the hospital with her uncle and his wife was informed just a few moment after that. Waiting outside the operating room, the little girl hugging her knees was crying. It’s the second time she sat like this. The first time was when her father got into a car accident and now it’s her uncle’s turn. She was praying for him to be alright as she was so scared that he would leave her like her dad.

As soon as the door opened, her aunt arrived. She immediately asked about the condition of her husband but the doctor informed sadly “We’re sorry. We tried our best but…” then he left leaving the wife crying hard and screaming out of her lungs. Once her cry turned into sobs, she turned and walked toward Qian, shooting the little girl a death glare with her red eyes.

“It’s your fault. All is your fault. Why do you take his life away? Why? He took care of you and treated you well. Why? You shouldn’t have been born. You’re a bad luck person. You always cause others’ death. If he’s not because of you, he wouldn’t be dead. It’s because of you. It’s all your fault” shouted the wife shaking the small trembling shoulders violently.          

 

“You two shouldn’t waste your time anymore. Your time being together is short so do what you two still can to give the other happiness in these last days” advised the fortuneteller shortly before the tears streamed down her sad eyes.

 

“Your time being together is short so do what you two still can to give the other happiness in these last days” the word of the fortuneteller and her tears kept replaying on her mind. “G.O” called Victoria immediately stood up and started running to find him. “Your time being together is short” the voices said repeatedly inside her head again “It’s because of you” “these past days” “It’s all your fault” “You always cause others’ death. You’re a bad luck person”

“G.O, G.O” called Victoria running around to find him. She even went across the road to find him but there was no sign. When she almost lost her hope, she saw him looking up at the traffic light. It turned red but from afar, an unknown car didn’t have a sign to slow down. “G.O” called Victoria running fast to him and so did the car.

G.O was surprised when someone held his hands and pulled him backward as soon as the car almost reached him and just a second later, a loud ‘BANG’ sound made everyone startled. The car bumped to the tall tree hard. “Are you alright?” asked Victoria checking him up.

“Victoria!?! How did you? Why are you here? Didn’t I tell you to wait for me in the park?” he asked with a frown on his face. He had no idea that he almost got hit.

“Thank God! You’re fine. I thought I couldn’t make it” cried Victoria hugging him tightly.

“What are you talking about?” asked G.O in confuse but he did hugged her back.

“Young man, are you okay?” asked a stranger running to him.

“Yes, I’m fine. Waeyo?” he questioned.

“You almost got in an accident. You’re lucky that this girl saved you in time. The driver was drunk that he couldn’t even control his wheel and his car was directly to your way. Well, if you’re fine, then you don’t need to get on the ambulance with him then” explained the stranger before walking off and helped the drunker.

“Hey, stop crying already. I’m alright now” said G.O patting her back but Victoria just kept crying “Why are you still crying while I’m alive? You should smile because you save me, idiot”

“Yah! Do you know how scared I was? I thought that something bad might happened to you. You’re stupid” scolded Victoria hitting him strongly to release her fear.

“Alright. I’m sorry but if you keep hitting me like this, I may have to go to the hospital with him” joked G.O laughing of out but it only made Victoria more angry. How can he joke like that? She pouted and wiped her tears in upset. “Fine, I’m sorry. Don’t get mad” apologized G.O as soon as Victoria started walking away. She just ignored him when he tried to bother her with his apology.

100th day [Sat, Feb 14th] Looking at his watch, he exclaimed “Wow, it’s already our 100th day. So fast!”

“100th day” mumbled Victoria stopping her step. She turned to look at G.O sadly. “Let’s go back to the park before we head back home” she suggested holding his hand and heading to the park. After sitting there in silence for an hour, they decided to come back home.

“I want you to read this and answer me at the end of the day” told G.O handing Victoria a letter once they stood in front of the building’s entrance.

“What is it?” asked Victoria puzzlingly.

“You will know when you read inside. So goodnight and happy Valentine’s day, Victoria” told G.O pecking her lips one more time before getting back into his car. Victoria also walked back to her apartment while holding the letter in her hand.

Getting changed into pajamas quickly before climbing on her comfy bed, she quickly read the letter that G.O gave her minutes ago.

 

Dear Victoria, 

Time passes so fast that I didn't know tomorrow is the last day of our game. Somehow, I thank God for being friend with you or maybe more than just a friend and thank you for suggesting this game to me. If the person next to you now was not me, I must have been disappointed very much. Just tell you a secret; I've been interested

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter