Game Over

100-day Love Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

99th day [Fri, Feb 13th] 11:30pm They were sitting on the same bench where they first set up the Love Game. They had gone back to all the places they were dating in these past days until they settled down in this park. Holding their hands together while Victoria rested her head on his shoulder, they both looked up at the night sky waiting for the moment of their last day start.

“I’m thirsty” said Victoria turning her head to face G.O

“What would you like to drink? I’ll go the buy it for you” he asked her with a warm smile on his lips.

“Anything is fine” replied Victoria shortly looking at her boyfriend who now stood in front of her.

“Then, don’t go anywhere and wait for me here, araso?” ordered G.O patting her head gently when Victoria nodded in reply. With that, he ran to the grocery shop to buy some drink for his girlfriend while Victoria sitting alone waited for him back.  

11:40pm G.O called her. “Hello?” answered Victoria immediately picked up as she saw his name displayed on her phone screen. However, the voice replied her doesn’t belong to G.O.

“Are you friend of the phone owner? I found your number in his mobile” asked the caller in panic.

“Yes, I am. Is there something wrong?” she told feeling worried as she could sense something through the stranger’s voice.

“The car of a drunker accidentally bumped him and now your friend has been taken to the nearby hospital and he is in emergency state” stated the stranger in hurry

“Please, let him be okay. Please!!!” prayed Victoria while running to the hospital in panic as the tears already fell down her eyes nonstop.

11:55pm As soon as the doctors came out, Victoria who was waiting outside the operating room quickly stood up and ran to him asking about her boyfriend’s status worryingly “Doctor, how is he now?”

The doctor shaking his head sadly told her “We’re sorry. We tried our best but… We found these inside his pocket” and he handed her a water bottle with a letter. Victoria was stiffed on the ground crying when she heard those hurtful words from the doctor. She broke down leaning down against the cold white wall while slowly opening the letter and reading his words inside.   

 

Dear Victoria, 

Time passes so fast that I didn't know tomorrow is the last day of our game. Somehow, I thank God for being friend with you or maybe more than just a friend and thank you for suggesting this game to me. If the person next to you right now was not me, I must have been disappointed very much. Just tell you a secret; I've been interested in you since the very first time we met. I tended to ask you out sometimes but I didn't have courage as I didn't want to create more distance between us. You don't know how cold you were when I tried to approach you every time we hung out with our friends.  But I'm really happy that you gave me a chance to get close to you especially when you asked me in my birthday, it's like the best present for me ever.

100 days being with you, my feeling toward you grows up little by little more than it must be for such a game and these days are precious to me - the beautiful memories that I'll always keep in my heart. Even though you still have yet opened yourself with me, being this close to you is enough. 

You asked me how I could know your ring size, remember? It's just a coincidence. When I was wandering on the street to buy you a gift, I found a jewelry store and came in, and then I noticed that we dated for a while but we hadn't had our couple rings. Thus, I decided to buy them. However, at that time you're n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter