Wishes

One Way Love (fanfic)

 

You wake up to the nurse coming into your room. 

 
"Good afternoon." You force a smile. 
 
"Good afternoon." You say turning your body towards her. 
 
"Your husband told me to let you know that he just went home to get a couple of your things. He'll be back soon." You nod as your eyes felt heavy. "Do you want anything to eat?" You shake your head no. 
 
Truth was you were just so tired from being up for hours trying to deliver the baby. You had a healthy beautiful baby girl. You both decided on the name Dong Soo Min. It means excellence and a bright mind. 
 
You smiled thinking of the little angel. You wanted to hold her but you were so tired that you didn't say anything else. You closed your eyes and fell asleep. 
 
--------------------
 
"She's so cute." You heard a man whisper. You kept your eyes closed as another man answered. 
 
"Yeah she is. I was a little scared when I held her." 
 
"Why?" 
 
"I was scared about being a dad but I didn't tell her anything." 
 
"Why? You're great with kids" 
 
"I know but this one's mine. Her life is in my hands. Enough I messed up her parents relationship, I don't want to disappoint her." 
 
"Don't worry just take everything day by day. Who knows maybe she'll come back to you." You hear a sigh. 
 
"No she's with Jiyong now. I couldn't bear to see her with anyone except until I saw her with Jiyong. He's always there for her and always puts her first." Another sigh. Your heart broke a little. The situation you were in was so confusing. You stopped thinking when he continued. "Not like I was there for her." 
 
Your heart ached even more with each word he said. You tried to stay still and pretend you were sleeping so they wouldn't know your awake. 
 
"What if Jiyong breaks her heart and she comes back?" 
 
"I wouldn't want her to. I would fix their relationship and put them back together. They deserve each other. I wished more than anything Soo Min was Jiyong's so I wouldn't cause her more pain." 
 
"You can't be like that. You deserve happiness too." 
 
"No I don't. I hurt her so much that I can't even tell her I'm sorry to make her feel better." Someone knocks on the door making Youngbae and the mysterious man stop talking. 
 
"She's still sleeping? I was just going to ask her if she wanted something to eat." The nurse you assumed said. 
 
"She hasn't eaten at all?" Youngbae asked. 
 
"No. When she woke up after you left she wasn't hungry and went back to sleep. I guess delivering the baby really tired her out." She said laughing. "This is your first child right?" 
 
"Yes." Youngbae said.
 
"That's why she's so tired." The nurse said laughing again. "Well I'll come back later." 
 
"I think I should go." The man said as he got up. "I'll be back tomorrow to visit her." 
 
"Ok thank you for coming." 
 
"Congratulations again and don't forget what I said. You deserve happiness too." 
 
"I won't. Get home safely." 
 
You hear the door close and you decide to pretend to finally wake up. You couldn't stay still for much longer. As you stirred slowly, you heard Youngbae walk over to you. 
 
You opened your eyes and Youngbae stood above your head. 
 
"Hey." You said smiling. 
 
"Good afternoon, sleepy head." He said. 
 
"What time is it?" You said lifting your head. You look around the room for a clock. 
 
"It's 2." You look over at him with a shocked expression. 
 
"2!? Wow I slept to long." You said stretching. 
 
"How are you feeling? Are you hungry? I brought some of your stuff I didn't know what stuff to bring." He said walking over to a bag. You laugh and lay back down. 
 
"I'm a little hungry and it's ok I don't need anything except the little baby." You said smiling. He stops looking through the bag and smiles looking up at you. 
 
"Ok I'll tell the nurse to get you something and I'll go get the baby." He walks out of the room. You sit up fixing your bed so you're not laying down no more. 
 
You felt bad about what you heard so you tried to seem like you didn't hate him. You look around the room and see your phone on the nightstand next to you. You reach over to grab it. 
 
As you sit back holding your phone the door opens. It's Youngbae holding the baby. You put your phone back on the nightstand and turn to him. He reaches you and places the baby in your hands. 
 
"She's so little." You say smiling really big. Soo Min just stared up at you yawning. You held her close to you. 
 
"Um." He says scratching the back of his head. "The nurse said you have to feed her." You look at him with wide eyes. 
 
"I don't know how." You say looking down at the baby and back at him. 
 
"You know, you just." He motioned towards your . You start laughing. 
 
"Youngbae it's not just that." He shrugs his shoulders laughing. 
 
"I don't know. When I researched about babies I didn't think of this part. I thought you would know." You shake your head laughing. 
 
"I don't know. Can you call the nurse?" 

 

_____________

I don't know who I would choose if I was the main character put in this position.