The Truth

One Way Love (fanfic)

 

"No you can't go into town alone." Jiyong said on the phone. He ran out to get some last minute things for his party he was having tomorrow for his birthday. He bought out a club for a day just for his 25th birthday. 

"Jiyong! Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean that I can't go places. I'm barely even showing." 

"I know I know but if something happens.." You cut him off. 

"If something happens it was meant to happen. I'm going bye." 

"(YN)!" You took the phone away from your ear and ended the call. Grabbing your purse you walked out the door. 

--------------

You walked around town looking for the best present for Jiyong. Tomorrow's Jiyong's birthday so you had to find a present today. It was hard because everything he wants he has. 

You walk into a music store you and Youngbae used to come to a lot. The store was filled with different instruments. On the first floor was all string instruments. On the second floor pianos. The second floor was Youngbae's favorite. 

"(YN)?" You turn around and see the owner of the store. 

"Hi Mr. Kim." You say bowing. 

"How have you been? I haven't seen you or Youngbae in a long time." He said with the biggest smile on his face. 

"I've been really good. S-sorry we've been so busy." You lied not wanting to see him sad. "How are you?" 

"I'm good." He looks down at your hand. "So I see Youngbae hasn't proposed to you yet?" You furrowed your eyebrows and look up at him. 

"W-what?" Your heart started pounding and you felt like you couldn't breath. He was going to propose to you? 

"Sorry I shouldn't have said that. Don't tell Youngbae he'll be really upset with me." He said putting his hand on your shoulder. "I just thought maybe you took off the ring and forgot it at home." 

"N-no. When was he going to?" You asked. Your heart was beating so loudly you could hear. He looks up and puts his hand under his chin thinking. 

"About two months ago." He started shaking his head. "I've said enough that I wasn't supposed to say." You stood there trying to breath but it was hard when you felt like there was no oxygen in the room. 

"Mr. Kim!" Someone yelled. 

"Oh I have to go. It was nice seeing you again. Give Youngbae my regards." With that he turned around and left. 

You started walking out of the store really quickly. You had to get outside and breath. Finally pushing open the door you started panting outside. 

"Are you ok?" You look up and see Youngbae. You jump back and blink. You look again and it's just a random stranger. You felt like you were going crazy. 

"N-no I'm fine." You say walking away. You walked to the nearest park and sat down on the bench. You held your face in your hands and closed your eyes. Breathe, breathe. You kept repeating to yourself. You started calming down. 

Your phone started ringing in your pocket. You opened your purse and started looking for it. Picking it up you see Jiyong's name flash on the screen. 

"Hello?" You say with your eyes closed. 

"Hey I'm picking up some stuff for dinner do you want anything?" 

"Um...anything. You know I'm not picky." You tried to keep your voice even so you wouldn't scare him. Talking about food your stomach started growling. You haven't eaten since breakfast which was five hours ago. 

"Ok. Are you finished shopping? Should I come pick you up?" 

"I'm not finished yet I just have to stop into one more store. I'll call you when I'm done." You hear him chuckle on the other end. 

"Ok. Hurry because I have a surprise for you." 

"Ugh Jiyong! Not another baby toy." You groan. Ever since you told Jiyong your pregnant he's been buying all these weird baby stuff. 

"No no I promise it's not. I'll let you go and finish. Bye" 

"Bye." You hung up and got up from your seat. You started walking to the exit to the jewelry store. You walk past a couple laying down in the grass. You remembered coming out here with Youngbae. 

"Youngbae!" You screamed. He looked over at you with a smirk. You guys rented out a boat and Youngbae pretended to tilt it over moving side to side. 

"What?" He questioned knowing you couldn't swim. You glared at him holding onto the sides of the boat. 

"Please stop." You begged. 

"And what if I don't?" He gave you that smirk again. 

"I will never talk to you ever again." You said closing your eyes. You heard some shuffling. 

"You know I'm only messing with you." You were mad so you kept your eyes closed not wanting to talk to him. 

"Babe? Babe?" You heard more shuffling and then you felt a shadow come over you and then it was gone.

"Babe?" He whispered in your ear knowing you'll crumple. 

"Youngbae stop!" You heard giggling and you were pulled from your flashback. You look over at the couple and you saw your ex boyfriend tickling another girl. 

You turned around and started running out. You shouldn't have come to town alone. You wished Jiyong was here to comfort you. Thinking of his name you started calming down. 

If you finished shopping you'll see Jiyong again. You thought to yourself. You walked into the jewelry store and made your present for Jiyong. 

-------------

"He was going to propose to me?" Ever since the incidents that happened today you questioned Jiyong on everything. You knew he knew the answers but kept them from you. 

You were both sitting in the living room watching tv and eating ice cream. 

"Yeah." Jiyong said looking at you. You look away from him and back at the tv. The next question was harder for you than the first one. 

"So he has another girlfriend?" You asked Jiyong while you took another spoonful of ice cream and put it in your mouth. He looked away from you and back at the tv. 

"Yeah." He mumbled taking another spoonful. 

"For how long?" You knew you should forget about him but you wanted to know. 

"For a month now." He still wouldn't look at you. You took a deep breath. Your decision on whether to tell Youngbae about his baby was becoming more clearer to you. 

"I'm never going to tell him." You said to Jiyong. "He's happy and I'm happy. He doesn't need a baby ruining his life." 

"Fine and when you have the kid what are you going to tell people?" He said looking at you raising his eyebrow. 

"That it's yours." He choked on his ice cream and started laughing. 

"People wouldn't believe you." 

"Why not? Your a guy, I'm a girl. It makes perfect sense." He rolled his eyes and laughed. 

"Why do you always drag me into these things?" 

"Because I love you and you love me. And you can't say no to this face." You say pouting and pointing to it. 

"Yeah yeah I know." He then jumped up off the couch. "That reminds me your present." He ran out of the room while you continued to eat your ice cream. 

He came back with a box. He came in front of you. You put down the bowl of ice cream and he placed the box in your hands. It was a small little red box. You smiled because Jiyong knew your favorite color was red. 

You opened the box and inside was a necklace. You picked it up and on the necklace was Big Ben. You smiled really big and looked up at Jiyong. 

"I know it's not much but I know how much you want to visit London..." You cut him off my jumping up and hugging him. He wraps his arms around you and hugs you back.

"Thank you thank you!" You kept repeating. "You always know how to make me smile." You pull away and give him a kiss on the cheek. He smiles back and you see a little blush creep up on his cheeks. 

"Turn around so I can put it on." You give him the bracelet and turn around. He places it on your neck and his fingers lightly go across your neck. 

You closed your eyes at the sudden touch. Biting your lip you suddenly felt yourself getting . He clasps the necklace. 

"Let me see." He says. You open your eyes and turn around. "It looks beautiful." You look down and put your hand on the necklace. 

"It is." You look up at him and smile. "Thank you." He smiles again and you felt yourself turn red remembering what happened a couple minutes ago. 

You sat down quickly when your show came back on. He sat down next to you. You pick up your bowl and start eating again. 

"(YN)." Jiyong says looking at you. 

"Yeah." You say not wanting to look at him because you felt embarrassed. 

"He's coming tomorrow."