Chapter 8

My Gay Best Friend

Dara’s POV:

Next day at school~

“Ahhhhh! Why can’t it be the weekend already?” I sigh as I lay my head on my desk.

“Ya,” Chaerin hit the back of my head, “it’s only Monday! And you actually came to class early because you slept over again. Are you avoiding Jiyong?”

I look up at her, but then avoided her eyes, she knows me too well… “Ani…”

“That’s a lie,” she shook her head.

“You can’t avoid him forever, I guarantee that he’ll be waiting for you as always outside of this class.”

“Maybe…”

“I think,” she sighed, “You should take a break from him…take some time away from him. He’s not the best influence on you…”

“I…” I sighed again, “I think you’re right…I’m going to miss him though…”

“Don’t think that that,” she patted my head, “You’re a strong girl, you’ve proven that you are. You liked a boy, that you think is gay, for almost 7 years! You’re foolish for doing so, but very strong at the same time.”

I sadly smile, “I suppose…”

“That concludes the lesson for today, have a good day,” Professor Choi said as he left the classroom.

I start to collect my materials when I feel someone standing in front of me, so I look up.

“Ah, hi,” he scratched the back of his head nervously.

“Hello,” I smile sweetly.

“My name is Lee Donghae,” he smiled, “We’re classmates.”

“Ah,” so he’s in this class, “Nice to meet you Donghae-ssi, I’m Sandara Park.”

“Yeah, I know,” he blushed, “I was wondering…um, I heard that you wanted to see this movie,” he pulled out two movie tickets.

“Omo,” I said excitedly, “How’d you know? Are you interested in it too?”

“Ah, I overheard your conversation with Jiyong-ssi, I was actually at the cafe you were at on Saturday. The movie seems really interesting,” he grinned, “And I was wondering, would you want to come see it with me this Friday?”

“Um…” Is he asking me out on a date??? Well…he’s pretty cute…but I don’t know if I should just use him to get over Jiyong. I look towards the doorway and saw Jiyong looking at us curiously, “Um, I need to get going, but I’ll think about it,” I winked.

I picked up my bag and walked towards Jiyong only to see Jiyong glaring at Donghae, “Who was he?” he growled.

“He?”

“That guy you were talking to,” he looked past me and gave Donghae a glare.

“Aiya,” I punch him, “Stop glaring at him, oh! Did you finish helping your friend?”

He looked back at me and scowled at the thought of his friend's problem, “That guy! Aish,” he shook his head, “I can’t believe he interrupted my important time with you for such a petty problem.”

I laughed, “That’s good.”

That goodness he dropped the Donghae thing…I smiled.


Friday~

I can’t believe the girls convinced me to go on this date…ugh….all of them including Bom came to my place this morning to doll me up since we didn’t have class today. I look down at my outfit. I was wearing a white flowing shirt, high waist red skirt, and black flats. Aigoo…I didn’t even tell Jiyong…anytime he brought the subject of Donghae up, I avoided it. I almost got caught this morning too because I forgot Jiyong was sleeping over…good thing he’s a heavy sleeper…Sigh…

“Ah! Dara-ssi!” Donghae called as he ran over to me.

“Hi,” I waved.

“Thanks for going out with me,” He shyly smiled, “I never would have thought you would accept, especially when you have the infamous Jiyong around.”

I shook my head, “What's that supposed to even mean? Infamous Jiyong?" I giggled as I shook my head, "Jiyong is just a friend….”

He laughed, “Now that is surprising, ah, the movie is going to start without us if we don’t get going,” he grabbed my hand.

I stared at his back as he pulled me along…Jiyong used to do this whenever I got myself in trouble…He’d grab my hand and pull me away…

“Hey, do you want any movie snacks?” Donghae asked.

“Why don’t we share a medium popcorn like always,” I smiled.

“Um…what?” He looked at me confused.

Aigoo! I kept thinking I was with Jiyong. Whoops… “Ah, sorry, I mean…I’m fine,” I nervously blushed.

“But you just said popcorn,” He laughed, “We’ll take one medium popcorn.”

“Thank you,” I smile, “By the way…” I look down at our hands, “Can you let go of my hand.”

“Ah,” He let go, “Sorry about that, I kind of forgot.”

“It’s okay,” Cute…just like Jiyongie when he forgets he’s holding onto me.

The movie was great and both of us couldn’t stop laughing. It was fun and he was such a gentleman, he even paid for dinner after the movie ended, and he even insisted that he should walk me to my doorstep.

“Thanks for tonight,” I turn to smile at him.

“You’re welcome, I hope we can do this again,” he winked.

“Aigoo, don’t be so cheeky,” I punched, “I’ll see you in class…”

“Bye Dara-ssi,” he waved.

“You can just call me Dara, bye!” I waved as I closed the door. I slumped onto the floor, I’m horrible…Our whole date…I just imagined it was Jiyong instead…I shouldn’t use Donghae…he’s a sweet guy…

I check my phone, a message from Jiyong?

 

To: Me

From: Jiyongie

Where are you?


A/N: Thank's for reading ^_^