Chapter 18

My Gay Best Friend

Author’s POV:

Afterwards, everything was sorted out. Sohee finally stayed away from Jiyong. In fact, after many attempts, Donghae was finally able to convince Sohee about how much he loved and supported her. Slowly she started to fall in love with him, and from then, no one has really heard from them. There was a rumor around school that the famous Donghae was now married, but it was quickly forgotten as countless exams and projects were due.

As for Dara and Jiyong, the two never interacted the same way. They never hung out with just the two of them anymore. They were always accompanied by some of the boys or some of the girls or both. Jiyong tried desperately to be like how they used to. He would patiently wait outside of her classroom, invite her on multiple outings, and even spill any secrets he had left. He just wanted her back no matter what.

But Dara…Dara was a different case. She was never able to get quite as close to Jiyong. It was as if she was a shell of what she used to be. Everything in her world shattered around her in the span of 3 weeks. Everything she had known had been torn apart. She saw how truly childish and naïve she was and she hated it. She needed her space, she needed to get away from her past, and most importantly, she needed time away from Jiyong. She buried herself in work as a form of a distraction, but not only that, graduation was quickly approaching. Soon she’d be finished will school and would no longer see Jiyong every day. It hurt to think about, but she still wasn’t ready to be the friend she once was. The girls and the boys saw how broken she was, and as much as they wanted to help, they thought it would be best for her to overcome it.

Next thing they knew graduation was less than a week away. Dara, Chaerin, Jiyong, and Youngbae would be walking across the stage to receive their diplomas. All of their final projects and final exams were over. They were finally free.


Chaerin knocks on Dara’s bedroom door before entering. “Hey!” she smiled as she hugged her friend, “So…I was thinking that we should go out and have some fun!”

Dara looked up from her book, “Where are you thinking?” she asked skeptically, Chaerin’s definition of going out and having fun isn’t exactly the same as my definition.

Chaerin grabbed onto Dara’s arm, “Let’s go clubbing!” she widely smiled.

Dara stared at Chaerin as if she was crazy, “C-C-CL-CLUBBING??” She practically shouted.

“Yes, clubbing. Come on, let’s go!” she tugged on Dara’s arm.

“No!” Dara furiously shook her head, “I-I-I” she tried to come up with an excuse, “I need to study!”

Chaerin narrowed her eyes, “What? Study? We already submitted our final projects! There’s nothing left for us to study!”

Shoot, aigoo…what should I say?? Dara fretted, “I-I” she gulped, “I’m really busy right now.”

Chaerin raised an eyebrow at this excuse, “With what? With this book?” she turned to the cover, “You’re reading Twilight…are you freaking kidding me Dara??” she slammed the book closed.

“Now I don’t know what page I was on,” Dara pouted as she tried to find the page she was on.

“Come on Dara, just this one time,” Chaerin asked.

“I-I don’t think I’ll fit it. I mean…I’m not pretty, I don’t know how to dance, I’m not very sociable, and I don’t like drinking,” she pouted, “Plus why would I want to go to a club anyways, aren’t they a lot of sketchy people?”

Chaerin sighed, “Don’t even worry about things like not fitting in. You’re beautiful, I know you can dance, people practically flock to you once they meet you, and you don’t have to drink if you don’t want to. And I think,” Chaerin placed her hands gently onto Dara’s shoulders, “I think this would be a good opportunity for you. A chance for you to have fun and just forget everything. Forget all of your worries and insecurities and just have fun. Heck Dara, we just finished university, we should celebrate. And what a better way to celebrate by trying something new? You’ve never gone clubbing, so this will be good experience. Plus, it would be better than staying at home and holing yourself up with a cheesy teenage romance novel. If you find out that it’s not your type of scene then its fine, it is better that you try it out before deciding,” She shrugged and gave smile, “Plus, if anyone sketchy approaches you, I have your back. We’ll stick together.”

Dara nervously tapped her index fingers together, “I doubt my parents would let me go out clubbing,” she said.

Chaerin rolled her eyes, “Dara, you aren’t five years old. You’re 22 already! You don’t need your parents’ permission to go out. You’re a legal adult,” she said, “But if you’re really concerned, I already told your mom that you and I were going to go out. She was actually really happy when I told her.”

What excuse do I have left??? Dara thought frantically. “Well…I’d love to go, but I don’t have any club attire, so I guess I can’t go,” she said hoping that Chaerin would buy her excuse.

Chaerin smirked, “Good thing I brought over a few outfits for you to try on.” She walked back over to the door and opened it, “She finally agreed girls,” she called.

A second after, Bom and Minzy filed in with multiple bags on their arms.

“What is that?” Dara nervously pointed at the bags.

“These,” Bom raised the bags, “are our outfits for tonight.”

“Just leave everything to us unnie,” Minzy giggled.

Aigoo, why did I agree to this, Dara thought as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

“Come on, get up Dara,” Chaerin pulled her out of her seat, “Go wash your face and we will get to work!”

After an hour all of the girls were ready to go. All of them were sporting short, form fitting dresses of different colors and designs. Make up was applied and their hair was done perfectly.

“I,” Dara peeked out from the bathroom door, “I can’t possible wear something like this!”

“Come on out unnie,” Minzy gestured.

Dara slowly opened the door to reveal her full figure. Her dress was strapless and only reached the middle of her thighs, the back of the dress was cut up into ribbons revealing her smooth skin. Her hair tumbled flawlessly around her face in soft curls highlighting her face. At first glance, she didn’t even look like she was wearing any make up except for some lip gloss and mascara, but it was radiating. Lastly, her feet were adorned with four inch red heels completing the look.

“You look so beautiful Dara,” Bom hugged.

“Dang, we will really need to keep an eye out on you,” Chaerin smiled, “All of the boys won’t be able to keep their eyes off you.”

“You must be joking,” Dara blushed, “You three are the beautiful ones.”

“Uh uh,” Minzy wiggled her finger, “Don’t even think like that unnie. You are incredibly beautiful right now. If Jiyong Oppa saw you-” she was cut off when Bom nudged her side.

“Come on girls, let’s go party!” Chaerin said as she dragged the three girls out to head to the usual club.


Jiyong’s POV:

“I don’t know what to do,” I raked my hand through my hair, “Things are so different now, I totally screwed up,” I drank another swig from my beer bottle. “Why the did I say we should go back to being ‘best friends’??? How stupid can I get?!”

“I feel you, bro,” Youngbae swung his arm around my shoulder, “Honestly, I think you should just confess, at this rate, you’re not even best friends with her, you’re barely even friends. You initiate everything and she rejects you most of the time.”

I shook my head, “I know,” I sank further into the couch, “I’m scared though, she’s the first girl I ever wanted to date, what if she doesn’t want to see me ever again after I confess? What if our friendship falls apart? What will we be then? What if she starts to hate me or be disgusted with me? I don't know if I can handle that.”

“But what if,” Seungri interrupted, “after graduation she doesn’t ever want to see you again. What will you do then hyung?”

“I…I…” I struggled for words as my heart cracked from the thought of that happening, “I don’t know!” I quickly stood up and walked over to the glass wall of the VIP lounge. I looked down at the dance floor below to see everyone’s attention on something. What is everyone staring at? I followed the direction of everyone’s heads to see four hot girls dancing the night away with a drink in their hands. Damn, those girls are hot, no wonder everyone is staring…wait a second, is that…that’s Chaerin! And Bom Noona! And Minzy! Wait…there are four girls…I look closely at the last girl. Dara…My bottle slowly slips from my hand and shatters onto the floor. “WHAT THE IS MY DARA DOING HERE WEARING PRACTICALLY NOTHING????”


A/N: #jealousdragon