End

My Gay Best Friend

Author’s POV:

“Date?” Dara repeated the same word over and over again. Shopping DATE…DATE. He said it’s a date. Like a couple date, right? She giggled as she waited for Jiyong to wash up.

“Ready?” he emerged from his room with slightly damp hair.

“I think this is the fastest you’ve ever gotten ready,” she looked at the clock, “It only took you twenty minutes, what’s the rush?” she teased.

He smiled as he took her hand, “What’s the rush, you say? The faster I got ready, the faster I could be with you, of course. Let’s go.”

“Ano…if we’re going shopping, I don’t think I should wear those heels…” she motioned towards them.

“Already thought of that when I went out earlier,” he grinned, “but then I remembered you left your shoes here before when you accidently took mine instead.” He brought a pair of white lace up shoes to her.

“It’s not my fault we have the same shoes,” she pouted as he let go of her hand to put on her shoes. He knelt in front of her and carefully untied the laces before slipping them onto her feet.

“You sure? If you like my clothes so much that you want to copy, you can always just borrow them,” he smiled, “Unless you want couple clothing?”

She blushed, Kyaaa, is he really putting my shoes on for me?? And there’s that word again, couple! Couple clothing with him, gaaaaaah! If only.

“So you are into those types of things,” he smirked, “Good thing to keep in mind.”

He finished tying her shoe laces and they walked out the door. When he saw her walking towards the elevator without him he stopped, “Ahem,” he fake coughed, “I think you’re forgetting something Dara.”

She turned back and walked towards him, “Huh?” she asked confused.

He held out his hand, “We're going on a date and you're forgetting that you’re hand belongs in mine,” he quickly intertwined their fingers, “Now we’re ready.”

She giggled at his cheesiness, aigoo, what’s come over this boy. Either way…I don’t really mind, she thought as she followed him.

This is the way it should be, Jiyong smiled as he squeezed her hand.

The first shop they entered, Dara tried on a few different outfits which Jiyong praised. “You’re lying aren’t you?” Dara narrowed her eyes as she showed off a pale pink dress.

He chucked, “Why would I be lying?”

“Because you said all of these look amazing on me,” she pouted.

“That’s not true, I said they look beautiful on you. And I wasn’t lying, you look beautiful in everything,” he smiled.

“So cheesy!” she made a face.

“Only for you,” he winked.

“You two are such a cute couple,” the saleswoman said.

“Ah, we’re n-” Dara started.

“Thank you so much,” he smiled.

“Jiyong,” she pouted.

“Yes? Do you want that dress? Since...you probably want to get out of my clothes.”

The saleswoman blushed, “I’ll leave you two alone, let me know if you have any other questions.”

Dara blushed realizing what Jiyong just said, “Ya!” she playfully slapped his chest, “Your clothes are super comfy, just a bit big for me…”

“So you want to buy the dress?” he asked again.

Dara started to look for her wallet only to remember she didn’t have it on her, “I don’t have any money with me,” she pouted, “I forgot I didn’t have it.”

“Don’t worry,” he smiled, “Um, excuse me?” he called the saleswoman, “I’d like to buy that dress, would she be able to wear it out?”

“Of course, let me ring you up,” she motioned to the counter.

“You really don’t have to,” Dara started.

“But I want to,” he smiled back before handing the saleswoman his card.

“Would you like to get a matching shirt, sir?” the saleswoman asked.

Jiyong turned his attention to her.

“We’re having a special promotion right now for that particular dress. If you buy that dress, you get a matching men’s button down shirt of the same color for free. Would you like to purchase that as well?”

He smiled, “Yes, please, would I be able to wear it now as well?”

“Of course, here is your card and what is your size?”

“Small,” he replied before turning to Dara, “I suppose, we’re meant to have couple clothing.”

She blushed, “I guess so,” she giggled.

“Here you go, sir,” the saleswoman returned with the shirt.

“Thank you,” Jiyong said as took the shirt and walked over to the changing room.

“How long have you two been together?” The saleswoman asked Dara.

“Uh…almost eight years,” Dara mindlessly answered.

“Wow, that’s a long time,” the saleswoman looked at her in awe.

“Yeah,” Dara smiled.

“Any wedding bells soon then?”

Dara looked at her flustered, “No, it’s…we’re…umm…”

“What she means to say,” Jiyong s his arm around her waist, “we’ve only just graduated from university, and we’re still young.”

“Ah, I see. I hope that my own daughter will meet a nice young man like you,” she smiled.

Dara giggled.

“What are you giggling at Dara?” Jiyong pouted.

“Nothing,” she giggled, “such a good boy,” she poked his cheeks.

“Aish, kids these days, even doing such things in public,” the saleswoman laughed, “Ah, could I take a picture of the two of you? For our promotional photo, you two would be perfect.”

“Um,” Dara looked up at Jiyong.

“Sure,” he smiled.

“Okay,” The saleswoman grabbed a camera from behind the counter, “Please stand in front of this wall,” she pointed to a blank white wall, “Do a couple pose, please,” Jiyong s his arm around her waist, her head leaned onto his shoulder and he was kissing her head with his eyes closed, Dara blushed showing a small loving smile, “Okay, one…two…three,” *click flash* “One more time, one…two…three,” *click flash* “Thank you,” she looked at the photos, “These are perfect, thank you.”

Jiyong moved his head but kept his arm around her waist.

“Have a good day,” the saleswoman bowed.

“You too,” Dara and Jiyong smiled as the left the shop.

“That was surprising,” Dara giggled.

“Yes, it was a nice surprise though,” he removed his arm from her waist.

Dara pouted at the loss of his warmth, only to smile when he took her hand in his, “Where to now?”

“Hmmm,” he looked down at her, “how about we go for a walk?”

“A walk sounds nice,” she smiled.

“Remember this park?” he asked when reached a small public park.

“Of course! This is where you saved me from those bullies,” she replied.

“Exactly,” he said softly, he stopped walking.

“What’s wrong Ji?” She looked at him with worry as she turned towards him.

He took both of her hands in his, “I saved you from those bullies all those years ago, and now,” he paused, “I need to save you from myself.”

“Save me from yourself?” Dara looked at him in confusion.

“I,” he tightened his hold on her hands, “I know, I’ve hurt you so much before. You’ve hated my entire being because of it.”

“What are you talking about???” Dara asked in confusion, “I don’t hate you.”

“It’s okay,” he forced a smile, “You told me the truth last night, you hate me.”

“I-I-I…What????” Dara asked, “What are you talking about? I don’t remember what I said last night.”

He rubbed the back of her hands, “And that’s fine, but I heard it loud and clear. I heard your real feelings for me,” he chuckled, “You even screamed into my ear about how much you hate me.”

“I don’t h-” she started again.

“Stop Dara, it’s okay. It’s fine, you don’t have to try and explain. You told me that you need saving from me last night, so I will, I will always be there to save you, even from myself. Even if you hate me,” he looked into her eyes, It’s now or never, “I will always love you, not as a brother nor as just a best friend. Sandara Park, I’m completely in love with you.”

He…he loves me? Dara was left speechless.

“Dara?” Jiyong let go of one of her hands to caress her cheek.

Tears started to fall down her cheeks making Jiyong worry even more.

“Dara? What’s wrong?” he wiped the tears away.

“You love me?” tears still fell.

“I do, but why are you crying?” Did I mess up? Did I say it too soon? Was I too late? Does she really only love me as a brother? Please say no.

She looked up at him and smiled, “These are the happiest tears I’ve ever cried,” she laughed.

“What…?”

“I love you too Jiyong,” she smiled.

“I love you more,” he whispered before pulling her in for a kiss. The kiss was loving and sweet. He pulled away and rested his forehead on hers, “Why have I never done that before?” He smiled.

She giggled, “You know, I’ve loved you for a very long time. Even when I thought you were gay…”

Jiyong looked at her in disbelief, “I may not have realized that I’ve loved you until relatively recently, but I really do love you so much,” he said sincerely.

She placed her hand on his cheek, “How long?” she asked quietly.

“Since…since at least your first date with Donghae…maybe even before that…Considering all those boys I beat up…maybe,” he tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, “Maybe I’ve been in love with you with you this whole time, and I was too stupid to realize it.”

“All of those boys you beat up?” she raised an eyebrow.

Jiyong quickly wrapped his arms around her, “how could I let any of those filthy boys touch my baby girl?”

“Baby girl?” she blushed.

He leaned down and kissed her cheek, “You’re my baby girl.”

“So cheesy,” she playfully teased.

“You wouldn’t want me any other way,” he moved his face closer so that their lips were a hair’s width away, “I love you my baby girl,” he kissed her again. This time, the kiss turned into a passionate one, they only separated from the lack of air. Jiyong quickly leaned in again for another kiss. After many, many kisses, Jiyong separated from her and leaned his forehead once more onto hers, “Will you be my girlfriend?” he asked breathlessly as he brushed his thumb over her lips.

“Yes, yes, a million times yes,” she smiled as she hugged him tightly, “I love you.”

“I love you even more,” he replied, “Now…I’ve been wondering this for a long time,” he pulled away from her, “why did you think I was gay?”

“Ah…” she nervously looked down, “blame Seungri…during high school…right before I apologized for being so distant…I found you and Seungri in a very compromising position….”

“Compromising position?” he raised an eyebrow.

“It looked like you two were kissing!” she quickly said, “Plus you guys ended up living together, and you seemed like you were always more than friends.”

“Aish, so it is that rat’s fault,” he sighed, “I never meant to make you think that, and I’ve most definitely never been gay.”

“I know,” she sighed.

“But I am a new man, I’ll never go back to how I was. I will never look at any other girl but you. I love you and only you. Ever since I’ve met you, I’ve been changing, ask anybody,” he pleaded.

“I know, Seungri’s told me everything,” she assured him, “And I still love you.”

“Thank you,” he smiled, “Also…this reminds me, you called me something this morning,” he smirked.

“Huh?” She asked confused and tilted her head, “Cheesy?”

“Nope, something else, when you were screaming about me you,” he reminded her.

“…crazed…maniac?” she replied nervously.

“Yes, that,” he smirked as he leaned over to whisper in her ear, “Let me make this clear, I have never forced anyone, and I will never force you. I love you so much, and I don’t want just from you. If we ever get there, it’s not , it’ll be making love.”

She blushed.

“But,” he chuckled, “Just know, honestly I am a -crazed maniac, but I’m only a -crazed maniac for you.”

“Ya!” she pushed him away blushing like mad, “ert.” She turned away from him.

He laughed and hugged her from behind, “I’m sorry, it was supposed to be a joke, but I’m really only yours.”

She placed her hands over his, “You better be, or I’ll never talk to you again,” she teased.

“You are, and you will always be,” he turned her around and kissed her forehead, “You are the most important person to me, even if you try and escape me, I will always chase after you,” he kissed her nose, “I love you, Dara, and I’ll always tell you that every day from now on,” he kissed her lips once more.


~At Chaerin’s House~

*beep beep*

“Babe, you got a text message,” Seungri said.

“Who is it from?” Chaerin asked as she sat down next to him bringing a bowl of popcorn for their movie.

He picked up her phone from the coffee table, “Dara Noona,” he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

“Omo, I should check it then,” she smiled as she placed the popcorn onto the coffee table and grabbed her phone.

“I just thought of something, if it wasn’t for me making Dara noona think hyung was gay all of those years ago, we would have never gotten together,” he smiled as he kissed her cheek.

“Ya!” she playfully scolded him, “Hands off.”

“But babe,” he pouted as he leaned in again, “It’s already been half a year since we started dating and all we’ve done is kiss.”

“And you better hope that you’ll get at least that,” she teased as she stuck her tongue out at him.

He sighed, “I know,” he kissed her head, “I’ll never push you because I love you.”

“I love you too, I guess I really couldn’t judge a book by its cover. You really are a sweet guy,” she giggled.

“Just be thankful I’m not as cheesy as hyung,” Seungri laughed. *beep beep* “Speak of the devil, he just texted me.”

“Oh right, Dara texted me,” Chaerin’s attention went back to her phone.

 

To: Chaerin, Bom, Minzy

From: Dara

He said he loves me!!!! And asked me to be his girlfriend!! KYAAAHHHH

 

To: Seungri, Daesung, Youngbae, Seunghyun

From: Jiyong

Kwon Jiyong is officially off the market. My baby girl is officially mine!

 

Seungri looked over at Chaerin, “I suppose you already know, then?” he smiled.

“Kyaaaaah!!!” Chaerin squealed, “I’m so happy for her.”

“I know, they finally got together,” he chuckled.

“Mhmm,” she nodded, “Hmmm…let’s make it interesting. Wanna bet how long they’ll last?”

Seungri laughed at her question, This is why she’s my girl, “Hmmm, I bet $100 that they’ll break up when Dara denies him of , hyung’s a very thirsty animal,” I wink.

She rolled her eyes, Jiyong’s a better man than that, if he wasn’t he wouldn’t even come close to my best friend, “You’re on!”


A/N: Thank you all for reading my story <3 This is probably the story I had the most fun writing. It's amazing how much easier it is when you plan it out...hehe...I loved reading each and every one of your comments so thanks to all of you that have commented, it really encouraged me to actually write keke. Although I had the outline for this story completely written before I wrote it, a lot of things had changed, especially Donghae's character. He wasn't supposed to be a play boy keke. Also, I hate drama in stories and I hate writing drama, but it's necessary to make a good story, so I tried my hand at it here, it turned out pretty well...i think? haha. Who knew it'd end up this long, #35800+ words later.

Again: Thank You so much for reading ^__^