Chapter 14

My Gay Best Friend

Jiyong’s POV~

I…really screwed up. . What should I do? I need to find Chaerin…maybe I can find out if those two are dating from her! I quickly collected myself before texting Seungri.

 

To: Seungri

From: Me

Do you know where Chaerin-ssi is?

 

To: Me

From: Seungri

Why? Are you trying to hit on my cat? You can’t have her!

 

To: Seungri

From: Me

Ya! Shut up rat! Like I would want her. I need to talk to her RIGHT NOW.

 

To: Me

From: Seungri

What? Is my Chaerin too good for you??? YA! HOW DARE YOU!!

 

To: Seungri

From: Me

YA! SHUT UP AND JUST TELL ME WHERE SHE IS RAT!

 

To: Me

From: Seungri

Hmph, she’s in class right now. Her class ends in an hour. It’s in XX building in room 18.

 

To: Seungri

From: Me

Thanks. And I didn’t mean to offend you about Chaerin-ssi.

 

To: Me

From: Seungri

It’s okay…but next time you say something like that, I won’t forgive you hyung!

 

I chuckle, Aish, that rat has got it bad for Chaerin-ssi…what am I going to do for another hour? I better just wait outside of her classroom in case she gets out early. I made my way towards her classroom.

An hour later, students were filing out of the classroom and I caught sight of a blonde hair girl.

“Chaerin-ssi!!” I called out.

She froze and started walking away from me even faster.

“Chaerin-ssi! Wait! Please!” I walked after her and managed to grab her arm once we reached an empty courtyard, “Please, I really need to talk to you!”

“Yeah? Well I don’t want to talk to you Kwon,” she said roughly as she tried to free her arm.

“Please Chaerin-ssi,” I beg, “I really need to talk to you, please. It’s about Dara.”

She stopped struggling and looked over at me, “What about Dara?” she glared.

“She…she,” I looked away, “is she dating Donghae?” please say no, please say no.

She started laughing, I looked up at her, why is she laughing??? “What does it matter to you Kwon?” she scoffed.

“What do you mean?”

“Why should it matter if she’s dating anyone?”

“Ya! That isn’t what I asked! Is she dating that skinny, pretty boy Lee Donghae???” I asked in frustration.

She raised an eyebrow at me, “would it bother you if she was?”

Of course it would ing bother me!! She’s my baby girl! How could she not tell me?! Plus, how can I let that guy touch what is mine! She should only hold onto me! I should be the only one she does those things with! The only one she should lean on, hug, kiss, make love with…wait whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?! Make love???? I shook my head, “Of course,” I said quietly, “She’s my…best friend.”

“Best friend?” she started glaring at me again.

I nodded.

“Is she really just your best friend? Is that really all she is?” she said.

Of course she’s more than that… “I-” I hesitated.

“Because,” she cut me off, “if she’s only your best friend, it shouldn’t bother you this much if she’s dating someone. Heck, you should be happy for her. She’s 21 years old already, she’s amazingly beautiful, smart, fashionable, sweet, and she’s never had a boyfriend before, you should be happy for her, right? Especially if you’re her best friend.”

I clenched my fist, “But what if Donghae isn’t the right guy? What if he hurts her? We need to make sure? What if he’s like all the other guys and only want to get into her pants???” I desperately said.

“Other guys?”

“You know all the s that have been trying to go after her since high school?”

She looked at me in shock, “Other guys…s? What? As far as I know, Dara only knows one of a guy,” she glared at me, “She said no guy has ever been interested in her, plus I’ve never seen any guy approach her and stick around.”

“Of course they wouldn’t stick around! Not after I dealt with them!” I angrily said as I remembered the dozens of guys that I had to confront.

“Wait what? You dealt with? What did you do Kwon??!! Are you the reason no guy has approached Dara all this time???”

I looked away from her but tightened my fist, “Of course! How could I let any of them approached Dara?! I needed to make sure to see if they were good enough for her. I can’t just let anyone approach her! And none of them, I repeat, none of them were good enough. They just wanted to be known as the guy that dated her. So what else could I do but beat the out of them?”

“Oh no you didn’t Kwon Jiyong!” She glared at me fiercely.

“Of course I did!” I looked at her and angrily said, “How could I let them taint my baby girl?!”

She gasped, “baby girl?”

, I covered my mouth with my free hand, “Dara’s my baby girl…” I said quietly, feeling my cheeks heat up.

“Ha,” she scoffed, “The mighty playboy Kwon Jiyong just said that his best friend, Sandara Park, is HIS baby girl,” she shook her head, “YA! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? SAYING THAT DARA IS YOUR BABY GIRL?!”

“But she is! She’s my baby girl!” I yelled back, “but that isn’t the point right now! Now tell me, is she ing dating that Donghae guy?!”

She looked away from me, “Not right now, but she’s considering it.”

My heart stopped, she’s considering it…which means she likes him right? She wants to date him…wait let’s not get ahead of yourself Jiyong, what if she doesn’t like him yet…and only wants to consider dating him. Yeah, maybe that’s it! There’s still a chance…for what Jiyong? To be her boyfriend? She thinks you’re gay and she knows you sleep around. Like she would ever want you. “Aish,” I shook my thoughts away, “I…can’t let that happen.”

“Why not? Personally, I think Donghae is way better than you,” she snarled.

My chest tightened, “I know…I know she’s too good for me…but Chaerin please help me,” I beg, “Not with the whole Donghae thing, because I can take care of that myself,” I said to myself, “She’s been completely ignoring me. She didn’t text me back or call me or contact me in any way while she was sick. I texted her at least three times a day every day since Monday and she didn’t reply to any of them. And this morning…this morning I was so happy to see she was in class and that she felt better but what did she do? She completely brushed me off and even pretended I wasn’t there,” I said hurt and frustrated. “Please help me, Chaerin. I need to talk to Dara about everything, please help me talk to her. I miss her so much,” I clutch my chest.

Chaerin looked at me with pity and something else…guilt? She shouldn’t be guilty about anything. “Give me one reason why I should help you clean up your huge mess,” she said.

My hand that was holding onto her arm loosened, I miss her so much…we haven’t even properly talked to each other in two weeks. That’s like years for us…and seeing how she is with Donghae…it’s like someone is trying to rip something out of my chest. She’s mine, she’s been only mine for 7 years, and I want to keep it that way. No Sohee or Donghae can take Dara away from me. I laugh quietly to myself, damn, you sure are possessive Kwon Jiyong. She’s not even yours but you keep calling her yours and only yours. Is she really just my best friend? Best friends or siblings don’t care this much…they aren’t this possessive…don’t tell me…I’m… I looked up at Chaerin who was looking at me waiting for my answer, “I miss her so much,” I sincerely said, “She’s my everything…my angel, my butterfly, my baby girl. Please help me.”

She looked at me with a surprised look, “How exactly do you feel towards Dara?” She whispered.

“I…honestly,” I struggled for words and clenched my fists, I looked at her with pleading eyes, “I think I’m in love with her.”


A/N: Hehehe, Kwon Jiyong is in love? :3 Sorry if I kind of dragged this out, but thanks for reading!