Epilogue!!! (:

My Gay Best Friend

A/N: As promised here's the epilogue to "My Gay Best Friend"! Be prepared for an overflowing amount of cheesiness! 3300+ words just for you guys ^^


~3 Years Later~

Author’s POV:

“Hey Seungri, can use my phone to text Dara to meet me here at 7pm? My hands are kind of full right now,” Jiyong yelled.

“Neh!” Seungri happily replied.


Dara’s POV:

*beep beep* I looked down at my phone.

 

To: Me

From: Ji <3

I hope you’re free tonight Baby, I’ll be waiting for you at Butterfly café at 6pm tonight. I can’t wait to you see.

 

To: Ji <3

From: Me

Kyaaaah! I can’t wait ^__^

 

“Kyaaaaaah!” I squealed.

Chaerin gave me a funny look before turning to Bom and Minzy, “Ya, did either of you two give her alcohol???”

“Ani!!” Bom and Minzy shook their head vigorously.

“Then why is she squealing like a pig???” Chaerin asked as she rubbed her temples.

“Ya! I can still hear you!” I pouted, “Jiyong asked me out on a date. Kyaaah! I’m so excited.”

Minzy rolled her eyes, “Unnie, you two have been dating for what? Three years already? You act as if he’s asking you out for the first time.”

“But I still get as many butterflies as I did the first time he asked me out,” I blushed as I happily cup my cheeks.

“Oh my goodness,” Chaerin rolled her eyes, “She’s becoming as cheesy as him too.”

“Ya! I love his cheesiness,” I giggled.

“We know!” they all said.

I pouted and looked at the time. 6pm at Butterfly Café, huh? It’s only 2pm…I’ll start getting ready in an hour or so. “Just because I’m happy in love,” I continued to pout.

“And we’re very happy for you,” Bom said, “It’s just that…you two can be…well…”

“What she’s trying to say,” Chaerin cuts in, “Is that you two are the most over the top, lovey dovey couple out there. And anytime you two are together and lost in your own world…it makes us all want to puke.”

“Ya!” I frowned, puke???

“That was a bit harsh unnie,” Minzy said, “She didn’t really mean that Dara unnie. She just meant that you two often get lost in your own world and it often makes us uncomfortable.”

“We don’t mean to!” I pouted.

“We know,” Bom came over and patted my back gently, “It just happen sometimes.”

I sighed, “I guess…”

“You mean all the time…” Chaerin muttered.

I glared at her, “I heard that! Don’t pretend like you and Seungri aren’t like that.”

“We…we are not!” Chaerin denied as she started blushing.

“But you two totally are,” Bom added.

“And so are you and Seunghyun!” Chaerin replied flushed.

“Ya! Why do I feel so left out,” Minzy pouted, “Why haven’t I found my guy yet? I want to make you all jealous with how lovey dovey we are too.”

All of us stared at the maknae before laughing, “Ya, you’re still a baby,” Bom teased.

“I’m only two years younger than you! And only a year younger than Chaerin and Dara unnie,” she frowned.

“And just like all of us,” I smiled, “You’ll find the perfect guy that will cherish you.”

“It’s not a race,” Chaerin hugged her followed by Bom and me.

“That was only supposed to be a joke to stop your guys’ fighting,” Minzy said, “But I got a free group hug too!” She smiled as she hugged us back.


Butterfly Café…the place we met up for our first date after getting together. I stare at the outside of the shop. Haha, I got so nervous that I accidently spilled my coffee on him that day. We had to go buy him another shirt, I giggled at the memory. I wonder why we’re meeting here…? I even chose this dress for tonight, I blushed as I looked in the café’s window. I was wearing the light pink dress he bought me three years ago. I guess this is a night of nostalgia. Wouldn’t it be funny if he wore that pink button down he got that day, I smile at the thought as I push through the door.

“Hello,” a waiter greeted me.

“Hello,” I greeted.

The waiter looked back at me, “Are you, by chance, Miss Sandara Park?” he asked.

“Ah, yes I am,” I replied, how does he know…?

“This way,” he turned and started walking towards the back of the café, “Mr. Kwon should be through those doors,” he smiled as he indicated a set of doors.

Kyaaaa! What did Jiyong plan for today??? It’s not either of our birthdays…and it’s not our anniversary…hmmm.

I softly pushed the door and heard a voice.

“Will you marry me?” Kyaaaa! I must have walked into the wrong room and it’s a marriage proposal waaaaaaah!! I peeked in only to see Jiyong on his knee in front of Choi Seunghyun…WHY IN THE WORLD…???? WHAT THE??? NO WAY! THERE’S NO WAY THIS CAN BE REAL!

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaah! Of course I will!” Seunghyun squealed like a girl before leaning down to hug Jiyong. All of a sudden the chair he was sitting on loses its balance and sends Seunghyun flying towards Jiyong making them fall onto the floor.

I start to slowly walk over to them to see Seunghyun on top of Jiyong completely covering Jiyong’s lips with his.

“YA! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME????” I screamed as I felt tears falling, good thing I didn’t wear mascara. “HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME????”

Jiyong immediately woke up from his state of shock and registered that Seunghyun was still on top of him before quickly shoving him off, “EWWWWWWWWW!! YA HYUNG! THAT WASN’T PART OF THE SCRI-”

*SLAAAAAAP* I slapped him right across the face, “How could you???”

Jiyong looked over at me then back at Seunghyun then back at me again, “Baby! Trust me this isn’t what it looked like! I swear,” he replied before furiously wiping his mouth.

“How could you?!” I raised my hand to slap him again when he grabbed my wrist.

“Baby, it’s really not like that! This is all a misunderstanding! I swear. Me and hyung? Never. I love you so much. You are the only one for me. And Bom noona is the only one in hyung’s heart, please believe me,” he pleaded, “Wait, what are you doing here so early???”

How could he??? I used my other hand and started hitting his chest, “You told me to meet you here at 6! You liar! I just saw you! You just p-p-pro-proposed to Seunghyun oppa! And you kissed him! I saw it with my own two eyes, don’t even deny it! You swore you weren’t gay! You promised that I was the only one for you.”

“Baby, calm down. I swear I’m not gay nor was I ever gay nor will I ever be. And you are the only one for me, don’t ever doubt that! Let’s talk about it, okay? This is a huge misunderstanding. I know what you must have saw, but I can assure you that this a complete misunderstanding. Please baby, let’s talk,” he begged.

Come on Dara, think clearly, don't do something stupid...maybe it really was a mishap…I slowly lowered my hands and slowly nodded, I don’t know…I should trust Jiyong though.

He let go of my wrist and moved them to my face to wipe away the tears, “I’m going to ing kill that rat for messing this up,” he muttered as he caressed my cheeks, “You mean the world to me Dara, don’t ever doubt that. No matter what that seemed like, nothing of the sort ever happened between me and hyung. And trust me,” his mouth twisted into a slight frown, “that was the first and only time I’ve kissed a man,” he flashed a small smirk, “I don’t even think that should be even thought of as a ‘kiss’, it was only us bumping into each other and our lips happened to touch. My lips,” he leaned down and pecked my cheek, “are yours, my kisses are for you only.”

I slowly nodded as I blushed. Lowering my gaze to the ground I realize Seunghyun oppa somehow snuck out.

“Dara,” I looked back up at him, “Even though this wasn’t quite what I planned. Either way it is perfect because you are here,” I let out a small smile causing him to smile widely, “Close your eyes.”

I raised an eyebrow.

“Trust me,” he sincerely smiled, “I was almost done before you appeared. Please, just trust me and close your eyes for a little.”

“I trust you,” I whisper as I close my eyes.

I heard feet shuffling and things being moved about. My whole body tensed up as I felt a pair of hands covering my eyes only to slacken as I recognized those familiar hands.

“Don’t worry, it’s me jagiya,” he whispered into my ear, “I need you to turn slightly,” he gently turned my body before removing his hands, “You can open your eyes.”

And that’s when I saw it. Right in front of me was a 1ft by 2ft poster. I slowly walked towards it, “Is this…?”

“It’s the first photo we ever took together,” he replied behind me.

This photo was taken over 10 and half years ago…right after we became friends again, I smiled as I gently touched the poster. We looked so awkward back then, I smile as I looked at the photo of us awkwardly posing in our school uniforms. I notice a little pink arrow pointing to the right. Walking a little to the right I saw another poster.

“Remember that one?” He asked.

I let out a small smile as I nodded.

“That’s from the first school trip that we were bus partners,” he continued.

The photo was us in our bus seats making funny faces at the camera. Next to that poster I saw another arrow but it was yellow this time. I walked over to the next poster.

“The first time we spent your birthday together,” he said.

My smile kept getting wider and wider from all of these memories.

I kept walking from one poster to the next while he narrated.

“Our first day of our second year of high school.”

“The first time we celebrated my birthday.”

“Our first time snowboarding together.”

.

.

.

I stopped in front of one poster.

“I was supposed to be wearing the same shirt as that poster, we would’ve had couple clothing just like I planned, but you came right before I could change,” he chuckled.

“How did you get this?”

“How could I not get our first actual couple photo?” He asked.

I stared at it a little longer, The photo we took together when he bought me this dress…the photo in that shop...our first official picture together. I started walking to the next poster as he continued to narrate our love story.

“Our first official date.”

“Our first week anniversary.”

“Our first month anniversary.”

.

.

.

“Our first major couple fight”

.

.

.

“Our first year anniversary.”

“Our first overnight trip together as a couple.”

“After the best night of my life, the night I felt complete, our first night together.”

I blushed as I looked at the photo, we were cuddling under the sheets looking like we were in utter paradise, our cheeks tinged with a light blush, “It was the second best night of my life too,” I winked at him, “the first being the day you confessed your love to me for the first time.”

He smiled at me with all of his love, “And I will tell you that every day, I love you. I still can’t believe we’ve come this far.”

I start to walk towards him but he stops me, “You have to finish,” he smiled.

I nod and turn back to look at the next poster.

.

.

.

“Our second year anniversary.”

.

.

.

“And finally, this happened a couple of months ago,” I stopped in front of the last photo, “Our third year anniversary.”

I finally turned to him and couldn’t stop smiling, I didn’t even notice the tears starting to form at the corners of my eyes, “What is…what is all this for?”

He held out his hand towards me and I walked towards him taking hold of his hands.

“11 years...We’ve been through so much my beautiful baby girl. We’ve had our ups and downs, we’ve definitely had our misunderstandings. Even earlier was a complete misunderstanding, I only asked Seunghyun to pretend to be you so I could practice,” he chuckles.

Omo…is he?? Is all of this for…? I blush at even the thought of what he might do.

He looked right into my eyes and said, “All around you are memories of all our first times together. And I hope, that we’ll be each other’s firsts for many other things. When people think of ‘first time’, they often think of their first love, their first kiss, only a limited amount of things. But for us, almost everything can be our firsts. What matters is that we experience it together, all of the small and big things, everything is special. Although we may not see eye to eye all the time, you and I, we’re a perfect fit,” he gently rubbed the back of my hands before kneeling onto the ground, “will you, my angel, my butterfly, my baby girl, my Sandara Park, will you do me the honor of marrying me? Will you spend the rest of your life by my side, to raise our children together, and create endless ‘first times’ together with me?”

“Yes!!!” I felt the tears start to escape from my eyes and run down my cheeks.

He quickly slipped a beautiful ring onto my ring finger before standing up and hugging me, “I love you, I love you so much Dara, thank you,” he whispered before claiming my lips into a passionate kiss.

“AHEM!” Someone cleared their throat.

“Just ignore them,” Jiyong whispered before leaning in for my lips again.

“Ji!!!” I pushed him away to see our friends staring at us.

“CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING ENGAGED YOU TWO!!!” They all cheered.

“Aigoo,” They saw us making out! Kyaaaa! I hid behind Jiyong trying to hide my beet red face.

“Don’t be embarrassed my beautiful fiancée,” Jiyong chuckled.

“But they…they saw us!” I said. Fiancée! Kyaaa!

“Noona, it’s not exactly the first time we’ve seen you and hyung making out,” Seungri teased.

“Ya! Remind me that I need to kill you later you rat!” Jiyong glared at him.

“Why???” He hid behind Chaerin who rolled her eyes.

“I told you to text Dara to come at 7pm, but you told her 6pm! Because of you, all of this could have been ruined!”

“I’m sorry hyung! I was an honest mistake!” he cried.

“Don’t be too mad at him Ji,” I tugged on his shirt, “if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have been able to see you and Seunghyun oppa kiss!”

“WHAT??? WHO KISSED WHO??” Bom yelled as she turned to her boyfriend.

“It’s not what you think honey, I swear. Jiyong wanted to practice proposing so I pretended to be Dara. The chair slipped and our lips bumped into each other, but that’s it I swear. It wasn’t a kiss,” Seunghyun desperately explained.

“I can’t believe you!” Bom stormed out quickly followed by Seunghyun.

I giggled, “That was funny.”

“My little angel isn’t that much of an angel at all, is she,” Jiyong turned to me and smirked.

I shrugged, “What can I say? I couldn’t help myself.”

“You’re so cute,” he chuckled as he leaned down so that our lips were a hair’s width away.

“Ya! Just kiss me already,” I grabbed his collar and eagerly pulled him towards me, kissing him hungrily.

“YA! We’re still here love birds!” Chaerin interrupted.

I looked over at Chaerin and blush, “Ack!” I gasped as I hid behind Jiyong again.

“Don’t be bothered by them jagiya,” Jiyong chuckled as he pulled me to his side, exposing me, “They already know I can’t stay away from you.”

“You mean you can’t keep your hands off her hyung,” Seungri scoffed.

Chaerin turned to him and exclaimed, “That reminds me! You owe me $100 you rat!”

Seungri’s eyes pop out, “I-I-I-I-I don’t know what you’re talking about babe,” he looked away, refusing to make eye contact.

“$100? For what?” Daesung asked.

Chaerin started laughing, “For a bet we made 3 years ago.”

“What bet unnie?” Minzy raised an eyebrow.

“We made a bet about how long Jiyong and Dara's relationship would last,” she replied.

“Excuse me???” Jiyong and I both narrowed our eyes at her.

“What kind of bet exactly?” Youngbae inquired.

“Seungri suggested that we bet $100 that Jiyong and Dara would break up when Dara,” she looked over at me, “would deny Jiyong of .”

“Ya! Like I’d ever do such a petty as that, I love Dara too much.”

“I know,” she smirked, “You're a better man than that. That’s why I agreed, I knew that I’d win.”

“Ya! You were the one that suggested the bet!” Seungri whined.

“And you were the one to come up with the terms of that bet, so pay up,” she extended her hand towards him.

He gently took hold of her hand and pressed his lips to it, “I’ll pay it over one hundred fold later,” he winked, “But you really didn’t have to bring this up now.”

“But I just remembered,” she shrugged her shoulder, “I wanted to make sure I didn’t forget.”

“So what you’re telling me, rat,” Jiyong glared at Seungri, “is you thought I’d be stupid enough to let my pants rule my relationship with Dara??”

“No hyung, that’s not what I meant at all,” he profusely refused, “It was just a bet for fun, it was just for fun.”

Jiyong pinched the bridge of his nose out of irritation, “I have to admit though…you two would’ve never expected something when you made that bet.”

“Like what hyung?” Seungri raised his eyebrow along with everyone else in the room.

Jiyong started chuckling at his own joke.

I tugged his shirt, “Ji…?”

He looked down at me and smiled as he cupped my cheek before turning to our friends again, “You see…if you think I’m the one who can’t keep their hands to themselves, you’ve got another thing coming.”

My eyes widen, “Ji…you’re not…”

He smirked, “I just want to make it clear jagiya…you see, Dara is really the one who can’t keep her hands to herself,” the heat starts to rise to my cheeks, “and she’s definitely the one who rules our relationship in all aspects, especially in bed.”

“YA!!!” I scream, what is he even saying?!?!?!

“Way too much information hyung,” Daesung placed his hands over his ears before turning around, “Congrats you two…but I’m going to take my leave now…” He quickly scurried out of the room out of embarrassment. The rest of them quickly followed.

 “Ya!” I smacked Jiyong, “Look what you’ve done to me…now what do they think of me??? Now I’m the -crazed maniac,” I pouted.

He laughed, “I’m sure they don’t think of you any differently. You are perfect just as you are, whether you’re my cute, innocent angel or my little naughty, baby girl I wouldn’t want you any other way. I hope you’ll always be as crazy for me as I will always be for you. I love you so much and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.” He leaned forward and kissed me once more.


And that’s how I, Sandara Park, fell in love with my GAY best friend. There were a lot of bumps and bruises along the way, but I don’t regret any of it. I would go through it all again for my handsome, loving husband and our beautiful children in a heartbeat.

 

THE END.

 


A/N: Thank you so much for reading my story! I've had a lot of fun with this one (: Thank you to all my subscribers, commenters and silent readers (I know you're there!) I hope you enjoyed the epilogue. Until next time! PYONG~