Chapter 13

My Gay Best Friend

Author’s POV:

Jiyong patiently waited outside of Dara’s classroom on Monday. Aish…I couldn’t even contact her after the whole explosion on Saturday because of that massive hangover yesterday. Ugh, I need to at least sort things out with Dara before tackling the whole Sohee issue.

All of the students from that lecture room exited, but there was no Dara. Strange…where is she…? All of a sudden he spots Chaerin leaving the room, ah, I’ll go ask her. “Chaerin-ssi!” he calls.

She turns and gives a look of disgust, “What do you want Kwon Jiyong?”

Surprised by her hostility, Jiyong pauses a little before speaking, “Um…do you know where Dara is?”

“Not here,” she turned to walk away.

“What do you mean?” He stopped her by holding onto her shoulder.

Chaerin shook off his hand and glared at him, “She’s sick, so she’s not attending class today.”

“She’s sick??? Ah, she’s at home by herself too?” He raked his hand through his hair, “I better go check on her.”

“Don’t bother, she’s not there. Just stay away from her Kwon Jiyong, go tend to the girl you got pregnant,” she scoffed as she walked away. Aish, why did you have to fall for him out of all the fish in the sea, Dara? She thought.


[Flashback]~

“AAAAAAAAAAACHOOOO!” Dara sneezed as she woke up. Ugh…what happened? She looks around and sees all of the girls cuddling together as well as all the mess they had made the night before. What would I do if I didn’t have these girls? She smiled. Ah! She clapped her hands together, I should make breakfast as a thank you.

She got up out of bed and hurried towards the kitchen and started taking out a pan to fry some eggs. Ugh, she held onto the counter with one hand with a pan in the other, I feel dizzy…maybe because I ran dowwwwwwnnnn *CRAAAAAAAAAAAAASHHHHHHH*

The noise woke the other girls up causing them to run towards the kitchen to see Dara sprawled on the floor as well as pan next to her hand.

“Omo, what happened to unnie??” Minzy worried.

“Dara???” Bom poked Dara’s side.

“, she’s burning up, she must have fainted, can you girls help me carry her to the couch?” Chaerin asked.

Bom and Minzy nodded.

After bringing Dara to the couch, they wrapped her up in a blanket and put a cold compress onto her forehead. “I’ll start making some porridge for her, you two should get cleaned up,” Chaerin said as she pulled out a pot and measured out some rice.

*cough cough cough* Chaerin could hear her friend coughing her lounges out. Chaerin walked over and looked at the sick girl, because of the man you love, you got hurt and now you’re sick. Dara-ah, I don’t think you two were meant to be, please get over him this time. He doesn’t deserve a girl like you. *cough cough cough* The coughing persisted so Chaerin placed a glass of water next to Dara.

“Jiyong…” Dara whispered, “Jiyongie….why….”

She even dreams of him…….aish, this girl.

[End of Flashback]~

You don’t deserve her Kwon, She thought as she walked to her next class.


Jiyong’s POV:

Why does Chaerin want me to stay away from Dara? Pregnant girl? Don’t tell me…she knows about Sohee being pregnant? Aish, whatever, I’m still going to go over to her house and check, I shake my head

After class I immediately drive to Dara’s house only to find it empty, Just like Chaerin said…where is she?? What if she’s in Chaerin’s house? That girl will make sure I won’t get near Dara then…aish, I miss her already…

 

To: Darong

From: Me

I heard you were sick, hope you get well soon. Fighting! \(^o^)/

 

I stare at my phone, she’s bound to answer soon…or at least when she wakes up, that’s how Dara is.

I didn’t get a response for the rest of the day. Every ten minutes I would check my phone to see if I had missed her message, which was stupid since my phone was on sound.

“Yah, stop checking your phone every ten seconds, hyung,” Seungri complained as he tried to grab my phone.

“But what if Dara responds??? All the messages I’ve been getting have been from Sohee,” I said disgusted. Why hasn’t she answered? Has she been asleep all day? Maybe she didn’t see my message yet. What if someone deleted it? She’s probably staying at Chaerin’s house…what if she deleted my message before Dara could see it? Or what if she completely blocked my number from Dara’s phone???

“Dude, calm down Jiyong,” Youngbae said, “she’s sick, right? She’s probably out of it today, don’t worry too much. She’ll respond eventually.”

“Mhmm,” I pouted.

All of sudden Daesung started laughing.

“What?” I glare.

“You’re pouting like a girl hyung, hahaha,” Daesung held his stomach while laughing.

“Ya! Shut it!” I yell as I threw a pillow at him. I do not look like a girl! I’m not feminine, I mean I suppose I take a long time to get ready in the morning but hey, I just want to look good. “I’m going to bed, night guys.”

“Night,” they called.

 

To: Darong

From: Me

Goodnight, hope to see you tomorrow.

 

After sending the message, I let sleep take over. When I wake up, there are no new messages from Dara. Maybe she hasn’t woken up yet…she always oversleeps. I’ll send her a good morning text.

 

To: Darong

From: Me

Good Morning! I hope you feel better ^__^

 

I place my phone back onto my nightstand as I get ready for class. I hope she’s at school today. However, just like the day before, she didn’t come to school and Chaerin completely ignored me when I asked about Dara.

 

To: Darong

From: Me

Hey, you weren’t at school today. How are you feeling? Do you want me to come over? Text me when you see this.

 

I haven’t had any contact with her for two days already…Darong…are you okay? I think as I stare at my phone.


It was already Friday before Dara showed up to school again. I stole a peek into her classroom and saw her in her normal place by Chaerin. She’s here today!!! Who cares that she didn’t respond to any of my messages, she’s here and she’s healthy. That’s all that matters and then we can talk about Saturday after her class. I fist pump the air.

I patiently wait for her to exit her classroom as soon as I see her I smile only to have that smile falter. Why is she…WHY IS SHE HOLDING ONTO HIS ARM???? ARE THEY…ARE THEY GOING OUT?? WHY DIDN’T SHE TELL ME?? “Ah, Dara!” I called as I waved and walked towards her for our usual hug.

“Hey,” she responded without making eye contact. She turned to Donghae, “Oh, I heard of this new café, let’s go check it out this weekend?” wait…is Dara, MY DARA, asking this douchebag Donghae out on a date??? She brushed me and my hug off and then asked another guy out IN FRONT OF ME?

“Sure, anything you want,” he replied with a smile. Um…EXCUSE ME???

“It’s a date then!” she giggled as she hugged his arm tighter, ya! That’s supposed to be my arm that she should be holding onto! “Oh,” she looked over at me as if she just remembered I was there, “Bye, Jiyong-ssi.”

Jiyong-SSI???? I stayed in my spot dumbfounded by what had just happened, I…really screwed up. .


Dara’s POV:

Finally, I can come back to school. That was a serious cold, I can’t believe I couldn’t attend school for four days already. Omo…is that, I caught a glimpse of Jiyong peeking into the classroom, Is he waiting for me?? I blush. He’s even checking if I’m here today…aish, I can’t believe CL-roo wouldn’t let me respond to any of his messages! She even went as far as confiscating my phone because she caught me multiple times trying to contact him. I can’t help it!! His messages were so cute >__< He sent a good morning one, a good night one, and another one when he realized I wasn’t at school. Wait…I’m supposed to be getting over him…all of a sudden the memories from Saturday flood into my head again, Ha, I bitterly thought, I would have thought that my tear ducts would have already dried up considering how much I’ve cried recently. They just keep coming. I discreetly wipe the corner of my eyes.

Professor Choi signals that it’s the end of the lesson and I start to collect my things.

“Hey Dara,” a voice greeted.

I look up, “Oh, hey Donghae,” I smile.

“I haven’t seen you in school for a couple of days, are you alright?”

“Yeah, I had a cold the last couple of days,” I said as I put on my backpack and headed towards the door.

“Hey, I was wondering, would you…um…want to go out again sometime?” he nervously asked.

Omo, is he asking me out on a date? I blush, He really is a sweet guy…maybe this is my chance to get over Jiyong, “Um…” I turn towards the doorway and see Jiyong waiting for me and smiling so beautifully. Is it possible for your heart to flutter and break at the same time? Because…that’s what you’re doing to me Jiyong…I can’t face him right now…think Dara…he’ll probably want to talk about Saturday and you are not ready for that…what do I do?? All of a sudden I grab Donghae’s arm. “Please,” I whisper, trying not to let my voice crack, “just go with it.”

I see Jiyong’s smile falter before I look away, I can’t do this if I look at him. He’ll see right through me…

“Ah, Dara!” he called as he slowly started to approach me with open arms.

I wish I could hug him back, no Dara! Be strong! “hey,” I respond without making eye contact, “Oh,” I looked over at Donghae with a smile, “I heard of this new café, let’s go check it out this weekend.”

He smiled, “Sure, anything you want.” Ah, good, he is playing along

“It’s a date then!” I giggle, a date…between friends…right? Or maybe it will be a date date… “Oh,” I look over in Jiyong’s general direction acting as if I had almost forgotten about him, “bye, Jiyong-ssi,” I said before I pulled Donghae away from Jiyong.

I start to feel tears falling down my cheeks, bye, Jiyong-ssi…this is the end of my feelings for you…I need some distance between us for now but I know my place…I can never have you now…


A/N: Hello again! Thanks for reading!! haha...another sad chapter :( don't worry! Things will be looking up soon ^__^