Chapter 3

My Gay Best Friend

Dara’s POV

Mmmm…the sun is too bright, I thought as I see the sun light come through my closed eyelids. Just a little longer, I rolled to the other side of the bed. *bump* Huh? What’s this hard thing on my bed? Slowly opening my eyes I see him…WHY IS JIYONG IN MY FREAKING BED??? Bolting up off the bed, I just stare at him. Oh yeah, he showed up last night drunk…but I clearly remember him sleeping on the floor, I even set everything up for him. Glancing down to the floor I see the futon, blankets and pillow I had set up for him. Maybe it got cold or something…whatever. He wouldn’t try anything anyways. Ah…he probably will be having a hangover…

Turning away from the bed, I grab some clothes and take a shower. After I head down to the kitchen to prepare a light chicken broth. Well…it tastes…edible…that’s good enough for him.

I made my way up the stairs and looked in only to find the bed empty. Hearing the shower, I realized where he was. I’ll just wait for him downstairs.

I plopped myself onto the sofa and my computer, thank goodness I don’t have class until 2 in the afternoon. I glanced at my clock…1:30pm…1:30pm…. . I hurried and grabbed my school bag, placed my laptop into my bag, and put on my shoes. Ah, I have to turn off the stove…Aish where did the time go??? I grabbed a piece of bread and stuffed it into my mouth.

“What’s the rush?” The familiar voice behind me asked.

I turned to find Jiyong standing there leaning against the wall. “Ya! We still have school today, just because you were drunk doesn’t mean we ditch class,” I said in a hurry.

He rolled his eyes, “I wasn’t drunk.”

“Whatever, just grab your bag so we can head to school,” I said, “Ya! You didn’t even cook breakfast or wake me up on time! Liar.”

He smirked, “My bad, I’ll try harder tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow?? Who says you’ll be staying here tomorrow???” He was already ignoring me as he walked back to my room to get his stuff. Finishing the bread I gulped down a glass of water.

“Let’s go!” he said.


The rest of the week passed by pretty quickly, and just like he said, Jiyong stayed over the following night…and the night after that…and basically told me that he’ll stay with me until my family gets back. Why am I such a push over when it comes to him??? At least he cooked for me and woke me up on time every day he was here.

“Hey,” he started, I looked up, “You want to go out tomorrow?”

“Hmmm,” I placed my finger on my lips thinking, “Tomorrow is Saturday, right? And I already finished my project. OH!” I remembered, “There’s a dress I wanted to buy. Can we go to the mall?”

“Sure, we can grab lunch and shop.”

“Yay!”


I stared into the mirror in my bedroom. Hair…I saw my light brown curls that cascaded down my shoulders…check. Make up…Light application of foundation, thin line of eyeliner, small amount of blush and lip gloss…cute…check…clothes…white dress that ended mid-thigh with a blank band around the hips, printed cardigan, and brown knee-high boots…check. I went over to the bathroom door and knocked on the door, “Ya! How long does it take for you to put on clothes???”

“You can’t rush perfection,” he chuckled through the door. “I’ll be done in ten minutes.”

I just rolled my eyes, this always happens…what kind of guy cares about how he looks like this much??? He’s been in there for more than an hour.

When the bathroom door finally opened I turned to see Jiyong, Handsome as ever…it’s not fair…how could someone be that hot and only be interested in guys. WHO WILL PASS ON THOSE AMAZING GENES??? IT SHOULD BE A CRIME THAT THEY WON’T BE PASSED DOWN! I shook my head, my imagination is getting carried away…

“Why are you shaking your head? Do you not like my outfit? I can go change, if you want?” he asked skeptically.

I frantically waved my hands, “No, sorry, I was thinking about something else. Ready? Let’s go.”

He chucked, “You’re so weird sometimes.”

“Are you sure that I’m the weird one?” I raised an eyebrow.

He pretended to think about it for a moment… “Yup, I’m pretty sure, you’re the weird one here.”


“Yes! I found the dress I wanted, it was the perfect size and it was on sale!” I squeal as I looked at my purchase.

“I know! That dress is beautiful on you,” Jiyong agreed, “Although I have to admit the male section had quite a sale as well,” gesturing at shopping bag that contained a new pair of shoes and pink button down shirt.

“You just love shoes, though,” I teased. He must seriously own 100 pairs of shoes. Any time we go shopping, he’s bound to buy a new pair of shoes.

“What can I say? Amazing shoes can take you to amazing places, so shouldn’t you have as many wonderful pairs of shoes as you possibly can?”

I laugh, “You sound like a girl obsessed with shoes.”

He stopped, “Well, you have to admit, if I was a girl, I’d be a pretty hot one.”

I laugh even harder, “I’ll admit that much. Oh,” I spotted a café. “I’ve been wanting try that place, can we go there for lunch?”

He looked over, “Sure.”

After ordering a sandwich with a cup of coffee, I looked around. “I’m glad they gave us an outside table. We can see all of the eye candy now.”

“Eye Candy? Anyone in particular that you see?” Jiyong asked.

“Hmm…that one….oh and he has cute friends too,” I gesture to a group of three guys walking down in front of the café. I looked over to see Jiyong texting someone so I just turned back to admire the guys a little more. Omo…they’re looking this way! Omo they’re even waving, I wonder if they know someone here…or what if they’re waving at me. I discreetly look around only to see Jiyong waving back while flashing a flirtatious smile. Glancing at the other boy they were all smiling happily. Omo! One even blew a kiss at Jiyong too??

“Do you know them?” I asked.

“Yeah.”

“How?”

“Our interests are the same,” he said vaguely.

“Oh, how close are you then? Can you introduce us?” I smiled sweetly.

“We’re extremely close but no.” he glared.

“Why not?” I pouted, giving him my puppy eyes.

“No.”

“But Jiyongie!!!” I pouted as I tugged his sleeve.

He sighed, “Because they wouldn’t ever be interested in you.”

“Oh,” I pouted even more. “Really?”

“Yeah, you’re not their type,” he plainly said.

I suppose I really wouldn’t be their type if they are like you…considering you were flirting with them, especially the guy with the Mohawk who blew you a kiss…that’s closer than friends would normally be…ah I guess he really is gay…he seems to be really popular with other guys too…maybe it’s time. I sigh, maybe I should just face the music and really give up on him this time.


A/N: Thank You so much for reading and leaving comments! Let me know what you think of the story :3