Chapter 1

My Gay Best Friend

Dara’s POV:

*beep beep beep* “Aaaaaaaaaarg,” I pull my hand out from under the covers and click the snooze button.

“SANDARA PARK GET YOUR UP RIGHT NOW! DIDN’T YOU SAY YOU HAD TO GET TO SCHOOL EARLY TODAY???” mom yelled from the door.

“Another five minutes...” I mumbled pulling the covers over my head.

All of a sudden my whole body felt cold, “GET UP RIGHT NOW! YOU’RE GOING TO BE LATE.”

“I heard you the first time mom!” I replied grumpily as I finally opened my eyes to look over to my clock. 8:30am…SHOOT CLASS IS AT 9AM!!! AND I STILL NEED TO DRIVE OVER THERE! “WHY DIDN’T YOU WAKE UP EARLIER???” I scream frantically trying to get changed and brush my teeth at the same time.

“This is why I told you that it’d be best for you if you set your alarm earlier, silly girl,” she laughed.

I pouted, I hate it when she’s right… “AH! Where’s my bag??? It’s not on my desk, the floor, or on my bed?” while looking frantically I felt my mom poke my shoulder.

“Here, you left it by the door. It’s already packed and I already put your breakfast and lunch since I knew this would happen,” she said as she handed it to me.

“Thank you mom!” I hug her and see the time. 8:45shoot, only 15 more minutes. I slip on my shoes and yell behind me “Bye mom!”

“Remember that your brother and I area going with your father on his business trip for a month! Please wake up on time without me here to wake you up!” She yelled.

“I remember! Have a safe flight!!!” I yelled back as I jumped into my car.


“Running late as always aren’t you,” Chaerin joked as she removed her bag from the seat next to her.

“Thanks for saving me a seat as always,” I sighed as I sit down trying to catch my breath.

“You know Dara, we aren’t freshmen or sophomores anymore. Classes aren’t 300 or 400 people anymore, the professor knows us so you can't always be showing up late,” she lectured.

“Yeah I know…we’re fourth years AND we’ll be graduating this year…you’d think I should be used to having early lectures. But I can’t do it! And my mom won’t be home to wake me up now” I slam my head into my desk.

“Ya! Get your head off the desk, Professor Choi is entering,” she slapped the back of my head.

Aiya…why do I have class so early in the morning?? Oh right…this is a class I need in order to graduate…sigh…it’s a good thing that I love being a design major or I would say “hell no” to this lecture time.

“zzzzzzz” I look over and see Chaerin fast asleep on her desk, Aigoo, she lectures me about getting to class late and then she sleeps through every single class. I turn to the front of the class room and see the professor writing on the chalkboard still. I guess she was up late finishing a project last minute, haha I don’t blame her. Everything seems to have more work nowadays. I’m glad that I have a friend like her. I miss Bom though, I glance back at the board and copy down all the notes. It’s already been a few months since she’s graduated, but I miss studying with her, hearing her random antics, and even her babbling about Seunghyun oppa. And since this is a senior level class Minji isn’t in this class. Only my hubby is with me now.

“If I could get yours and Miss Lee’s attention back to this class, Miss Park,” *whack whack*

Owww…he didn’t have to smack our heads with a ruler, “Yes, Professor Choi,” I apologize. Only half an hour more…

“As I was saying…” Professor Choi went on with the lecture. Next thing I knew he said, “That will be it for today, remember that the midterm exam is in two weeks and you have a project due this Friday at 5pm. Have a good rest of the day.” He collected his materials and left the classroom.

“Ya! Hubby,” I poke Chaerin’s side.

“Hmmm?”

“Class is over and you have a class right after this, time to wake up,” I nudged her again.

Seeing that she was starting to open her eyes, I started to collect my things, “I’ll see you later, have fun in class.”

“See you, have fun with Jiyong,” she teased.

“Meh,” I stuck my tongue out at her, I wonder if Jiyong is waiting already? I open the classroom door and see him leaning against the wall.

“Hey Darong,” he smiled widely as he approached me.

“Hey Ji,” I hug him, “How was class?”

“Good, but you weren’t in it, so it was boring as hell,” he sighed.

Pulling away I just laugh, “Aigoo, you’re such a baby sometimes,” I pinch his cheeks.

“What does that make you? You’re best friends with a baby then,” He joked.

That’s right, this little jokester is my best friend, Kwon Jiyong. “You should just be thankful that I love you so much.”

“Haha of course, I love you too best friend,” He grinned.

Ahhh, I sigh internally, if you only loved me like I loved you…That’s right…I’m in love with my best friend. So why shouldn’t I go for it you ask? I don't want to ruin our friendship? Of course! But it's something even more simple…

“Hyung,” a boy waved at Jiyong making Jiyong let go of me. Jiyong automatically hugged the boy. The boy pulled away without breaking the hug, “You’re still coming tonight right?”

“Of course maknae, I wouldn’t miss it for the world” he laughed as he squished the boy’s cheeks.

“Thanks! You’re the best hyung,” Seungri cheered.

That’s right…I’m in love with my gay best friend. Do you see the problem now?


A/N: Hello :) What do you think so far? Please leave comments, thank you ^___^