the jealousy bug finally bites

strictly business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the jealousy bug finally bites

"Good morning Mr. Jeon, I hope you didn't have trouble getting here," Kim Namjoon stood up to greet the pair when they walked into the private meeting room. He bowed in Taehyung's general direction, and his expression made it appear as if he was almost disappointed by his presence. But Taehyung also noticed that he enthusiastically shook hands with Jungkook, and he could swear the silver haired man's touch lingered for a little too long.

"Um, no, I actually come here a lot," Jungkook answered, sneaking a glance at the blonde boy next to him. Taehyung happened to look up at the same time, faint traces of a fond smile on his face. They did have their first proper official date (and many others after that) at this very restaurant.

Namjoon, oblivious to the exchanges between the two boys, clasped his hands together in delight, "That's good to hear," he stated conversationally, "It's a pleasure to finally meet you,"

"Same here," Jungkook said politely. Taehyung rolled his eyes discreetly when Namjoon went out of his way to pull out a chair for Jungkook (and only him, because it was as if the blonde didn't even exist) to sit on.

"You're so much better looking in person, I didn't even think that was possible," Namjoon smiled at Jungkook, and Taehyung could practically see the hearts shooting out of the older man's eyes.

Jungkook blushed a little at the unexpected compliment, "Thank you," he replied softly, looking at his hands in his lap. Taehyung held back a snort because Jungkook was being way too modest, and also because this Namjoon guy was coming on a little too strong.

Before delving into business matters, Namjoon called over a waitress and turned to the youngest boy, "What would you like to drink, Jungkook-ssi?"

Jungkook looked up at the waitress, "Two glasses of lemon water please," he said, and Taehyung smiled at how Jungkook automatically ordered for him too without having to ask or be asked.

"You have really nice eyes," Namjoon commented after the waitress had scribbled down the order and left (Namjoon had ordered a glass of the most expensive champagne on the menu, and Taehyung wasn't too surprised by the extravagant choice really).

"Thanks," Jungkook replied curtly, clutching onto Taehyung's hand under the table (and receiving comforting squeezes in return) because the man opposite him was making him quite nervous with his unnecessary comments, "So about the hotel - have you thought about any designs for the lobby?" he continued, wasting no time and bringing the conversation back to the topic it was supposed to be on.

"Hmm, a few," Namjoon replied offhandedly, seeming very casual about the business dealings. His eyes swept over the navy suit Jungkook was wearing, "Blue really, really suits you," he said, eyes a sea of mischief (and ulterior motives, Taehyung might add).

Taehyung wondered whether Namjoon had come to this meeting to flirt horribly or to discuss contracts, and decided to step in before the silver haired man could devour Jungkook with his eyes, "I'm sorry to interrupt Jeon-ssi, but we don't have a lot of time, your next meeting is scheduled to start in forty five minutes," he said, uncharacteristic coldness evident in his voice. Jungkook looked at him, and tried not to grin; he knew that Taehyung was lying because this was their last schedule of the day and no other meetings had been set up.

"Oh, I won't take too much time. I'd like to talk to you about something, actually," Namjoon said with a smile that was way too wide and way too bright for Taehyung’s liking, "Privately, if you get what I mean," the interior designer added, eyeing the blonde boy. Taehyung was about to retort, but Jungkook placed a hand on Taehyung’s thigh under the table. Kim Namjoon was one of the moust sought-after interior designers in the country (but Taehyung seriously wondered how and why), and this deal was super important for the company. As annoyed and uncomfortable as he was, Jungkook couldn't disappoint his father or let his efforts to arrange this meeting go to waste.

Taehyung understood immediately, and bit back snide remarks aimed at Namjoon as he got up, "I'll be outside if you need me," the blonde boy muttered. Jungkook frowned, mouthing a 'sorry' when their eyes met. Taehyung shrugged and bowed his head slightly towards Jungkook (because there were still pretences of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter