you and me against the world

strictly business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

you and me against the world.

Jungkook pushed the door open furiously and stormed into his office, yanking off his blazer and his tie and throwing the constricting items as far away from him as he possibly could. He collapsed onto the sofa in a heap, breathing heavily as he tried to hold himself together.

Taehyung wordlessly followed him into the room, gently shutting the door behind him. His eyes filled with sympathy as he bit his lip and leaned solemnly against the wall opposite the sofa. His concern was growing with every silent second that passed by, because he could see Jungkook growing more and more agitated, but he stayed quiet and patiently waited for the younger boy to say something.

"I messed up so bad Tae," Jungkook finally muttered, his choked up voice portraying all the unpleasant emotions coursing through him.

Taehyung sighed, "No you didn't Jungkook,"

Jungkook looked at Taehyung incredulously, "Seriously? I stuttered and stammered through the entire speech and my mind went completely blank when they asked me questions," he said irritably, “I think that qualifies as messing up,” he groaned, rubbing his temples as images of the disastrous meeting plagued him, all the whispered harsh words playing on loop in his mind.

"He was so unprepared."

"He only got this far because his father is the CEO."

"He should know how to handle his nerves."

"You'd think he'd put more effort into this."

"The delegates looked like they wanted to walk out of the meeting altogether."

"What if we lose the contract?"

Taehyung hated how hard Jungkook was being on himself, how overly critical he was being of every small mistake he made. Honestly, the younger boy hadn’t even been as bad as everyone made it out to be. Stuttering was a completely human thing to do, and pressure gets to every normal person at some point or the other, doesn’t it? Taehyung seriously struggled to understand how judgemental and unforgiving the corporate world was sometimes.

Taehyung knew that Jungkook was hurting, and had been for a long time, but he had to suppress it for the sake of the company and his family's honour. He wished Jungkook didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter