it's raining

strictly business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 it's raining.

"What the is he thinking?!" Jungkook yelled, gritting his teeth and shooting daggers at the TV screen, his grip on the knife in his hand getting tighter and tighter the more he listened to the news. The news reporter's shrill and excited voice was grating on his nerves, and he absolutely could not believe what he was hearing.

This had to be some kind of cruel joke. There was no way in hell this was actually happening. This must have been a ridiculous trick his mind was playing on him.

Taehyung bit his bottom lip, nervously glancing at knife in the younger boy's hand, "Jungkook, calm down -"

"Is he out of his mind?!" Jungkook shouted, slamming the knife in his hand on the table-top. The black haired boy made his way to the connected living room, no longer able to bear the sight of his father's face and the outrageous text running above his head. He switched the TV off and threw the remote onto the couch angrily, rubbing his temples as a million thoughts ran through his head per second.

Taehyung didn't say anything and waited for Jungkook to cool down a little and come back to the kitchen. He stirred the noodles on the stove warily, slightly unsettled by the silence which had engulfed their apartment now that the blaring TV had been cut off. Taehyung was standing by the stove and letting the noodles cook a little more when his eyes fell on the newspaper lying on the counter and he frowned once more at the offensive headline boldly printed on the front page.

'Jeon Jungwan, CEO of Jeon Enterprises, suddenly announces retirement and hands over company to son Jeon Jungkook, 24'

Jungkook stepped back into the kitchen, and Taehyung looked up at him instantly, dropping the ladle in his hand back into the pot, "Jungkook -"

"How could he just do this so suddenly? Especially when we're not even on talking terms anymore?" Jungkook cried out in exasperation, and Taehyung winced at the hurt in the black haired boy's voice.

"I guess he really wants you to come back, and this is his way of doing it," Taehyung replied, biting his bottom lip as his eyes roamed over his boyfriend's upset form. He knew that Jungkook still hadn't recovered from last week's emotional earthquake, and now this was being sprung on him totally out of the blue. Jungkook hadn't been sleeping well after the colossal fight, and it was obvious that he was still bothered by what had gone down. Taehyung had been trying his best to make Jungkook feel better, and their week had mainly consisted of sleeping in late, lots of cuddling, several pints of chocolate ice cream and movie marathons (they'd watched all the Harry Potter movies in a single day). Jungkook had also been extra clingy and needy these past few days (not that Taehyung was complaining; three continuous rounds in the morning were perfectly fine by him). Other than that, Jungkook had been avoiding his constantly ringing phone and Taehyung was the only person he was talking to, and he hadn't even remotely considered going to work or seeing his father the entire week.

Jungkook scoffed at the absurd thought of his father wanting to see him again, "And why the hell would he want that?" he muttered, hoisting himself up onto the kitchen counter again. He sat there once again, picking up the knife again as he resumed slicing the tomatoes.

Taehyung switched the stove off and sighed, "You're his only son Kookie, and despite the strained relationship you've always had with him and the he gave you last week, he does care about you at the end of the day," the blonde answered, and he took the tomato in Jungkook's hand away from him before he could continue to release his rage on the poor fruit, "You should call him,"

Jungkook's eyes widened, shaking his head rapidly, "Are you out of your mind? After all the brutal things he said to us? If he thinks I'm going back, he's wrong," he concluded, rolling his eyes. He looked at Taehyung, who was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter