strictly business

strictly business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

strictly business

"I still can't believe you're leaving," Jungkook mumbled, staring at the blonde boy sitting on top of his desk, his legs crossed and lips wrapped almost sinfully around a strawberry flavoured lollipop. His heart ached because this very scene was way too familiar to him and everything was going to change soon and he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to cope with it.

"Me neither," Taehyung said, looking around the office that he would no longer spend all his days in.

It had been a month since Jungkook was declared the CEO of Jeon Enterprises (against his will), a month since he had faced his father with his promise ring openly and proudly sparkling on his left ring finger, a month since Jungkook had buried the hatched and made some sort of peace with his father. Mr. Jeon still wasn't very happy about the fact that Jungkook was in love with Taehyung, but he also knew that Jungkook had inherited his stubbornness; he knew that he had no choice but to accept that there was nothing he could do to break them apart.

Jungkook had later come to know that it was Yeonhwa who had convinced his father to put everything aside and reconcile with him (and asked him to apologize too, but that was too crushing to Jeon Jungwan's pride which is why it never happened; besides, Jungkook knew that he would never be able to fully forgive him), and Jungkook wouldn't admit it, but he had newfound respect for his father's wife.

Sure, Jungkook's relationship with his father wasn't completely strain-free now, they still argued over practically everything and they still didn’t see eye-to-eye on a lot of things. But they were working on it, and it wasn't particularly uncomfortable either. There was more patience and understanding between the two, it just worked somehow, and Jungkook was thankful that he could attempt civil conversations with his father again.

Things were finally looking up for Jungkook. The company was doing exceptionally well, profits were soaring, and business deals were being signed left, right and centre.

But he felt like multiple bombs had been dropped on him all at once when Taehyung had quietly told him that he wished to resign while they were cuddling on the couch at two in the morning. Jungkook didn't see it coming at all. To say that he was shocked was an understatement, because nothing could have prepared him for this. He had been mad at first, furious at Taehyung for wanting to leave him all alone. It had taken him a while to wrap his head around it all, a couple of heated exchanges, a few lonely nights spent apart and a lot of thinking to finally make his heart stop constricting painfully whenever he thought of not being around Jungkook all the time.

Jungkook ing hated change.

"It's going to be really weird not having you around me literally 24/7," Jungkook commented, standing in front of the older boy as he worried his bottom lip between his teeth.

"I think of that as a good thing," Taehyung grinned cheekily, attempting to lighten the heavy atmosphere a little.

"Tae!" Jungkook exclaimed, playfully albeit gently slapping the blonde’s arm.

Taehyung laughed, "Anyway, you'll still see me at home every single day. And in lunch breaks when you aren't too busy," he said, leaning forward to Jungkook's cheek affectionately, his thumb tracing soothing patterns onto the younger boy's skin.

"It still won't be the same," Jungkook mumbled, unconsciously leaning into the older boy's touch and relishing it like he always did.

"You'll be fine Kookie," Taehyung smiled, trying to reassure the boy (and himself), but his smile faltered when he saw the dejected look on Jungkook’s face, "Oh god, I'm not moving to another city or something baby, don't look at me like that," he whined, pouting at the upset expression on his boyfriend's face.

Jungkook was trying to keep himself together, really, he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter