hurt

strictly business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hurt

july 2012

"Hey Jungkook, wanna catch a movie on Friday night? There's a movie I've been dying to watch," Taehyung smiled, propping his elbows on Jungkook’s desk as he stared at the redhead expectantly. Work had been super busy because the company had just signed a crucial multi-million dollar deal, and the two boys had barely had time to breathe let alone hang out outside the office. Taehyung had terribly missed spending (non-work) time with the younger boy, and he really did want to watch the new Ironman movie (which Seokjin refused to watch with him because he, for some ridiculous reason, preferred DC over Marvel).

Jungkook was ready to automatically say yes, but then the word ‘Friday’ registered in his mind and he looked up with a small frown settling on his lips, "I can't, Hoseok hyung’s invited me to a party on Friday night," he replied, feeling like the worst person on the planet when Taehyung visibly dimmed.

Taehyung’s beaming grin faltered a little as he sat up straighter, "Oh, okay. Never mind then," he said with a false smile, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly and mentally punching Hoseok, the literal ruiner of everything.

Jung Hoseok was the son of one of Jungkook's father's most important and influential business partners, and Jungkook had happened to meet him at a hotel launch party a few weeks ago; they'd immediately hit it off (much to Taehyung's shock and dislike). It was surprising because Hoseok clearly wasn’t your typical heir at all; he was the epitome of badass, basically every corporate father’s nightmare son. He got into dating scandals all the time, wasn’t interested in inheriting any businesses, tended to be straightforward and bluntly rebelled against conventional expectations, and Taehyung guessed that was why Jungkook kind of admired him. If it isn't obvious enough already, Taehyung severely disliked Hoseok. He always smelled like smoke and something else Taehyung couldn't place (but he had a feeling it was weed), had kohl smeared around his fierce eyes, wore tight leather pants, rode a big motorbike and looked like the kind of guy you'd want your kids to stay well clear of.

"Jungkook, I don't think you should hang out with Hoseok-ssi often," Taehyung spoke up a while later, a distasteful grimace on his face.

Jungkook looked up with a questioning gaze, "Why?" he asked, puzzled by the older boy's sudden words.

"It's just...he gives me bad vibes," Taehyung mumbled, thinking back to the few times he had overheard Hoseok talking softly and very suspiciously on his phone. Taehyung also felt slightly neglected (not that he would ever admit this) and wasn't too happy about the amount of times Jungkook had recently declined him because of Hoseok.

Jungkook could understand why Taehyung was wary of Hoseok. He was aloof and his top priority was having a good time, and he didn’t really have the best image, but he was really kind to Jungkook and his company was enjoyable, "He looks a bit rough around the edges, but he's a nice person," he assured, and Taehyung wanted to facepalm because of course, Hoseok had totally charmed the pants off Jungkook with his unnaturally friendly smile and his sweet-talking ways.

The orange haired boy shrugged helplessly, "I don't know Jungkook, something about him just doesn't sit right with me," Taehyung said with a pout, "I don't want you to get in trouble,"

Taehyung's gut feelings turned out to be correct 96% of the time, and the uneasy feeling in his stomach plus his protectiveness of Jungkook put together were almost driving him insane with concern. Jungkook, however, simply smiled at Taehyung and shook his head, "Why would I get in trouble?" he chuckled.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow quizically and Jungkook resisted the urge to laugh, “I won’t get in trouble, okay?” he promised, and with that, the topic was closed.

Taehyung just hoped and prayed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter