acceptance is the first step

strictly business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

acceptance is the first step

june 2012

"Okay, tell me what's up," Seokjin said, making his way over to Taehyung as soon as the usual evening crowd had dwindled down and the remaining customers were all seated, served and satisfied.

The younger of the two had his head resting on his outstretched arm across the table, one hand absentmindedly drawing circles on the surface, "Nothing," Taehyung replied half-heartedly, not bothering to look up.

Seokjin took his apron off and pulled out the chair opposite Taehyung, "You're never this quiet, and you haven't moved an inch for the past hour. What's up? Is it university work? Anything I can help with?" Seokjin asked kindly, concern colouring his voice.

Taehyung sat up to properly face the brown haired boy, shaking his head in response to the question, "No hyung, it's just..." he trailed off, clearly struggling to say something. The reluctant expression on his face made it look like he didn't want to voice out whatever it was; as if saying it out loud would make it more real.

"I'm so screwed," Taehyung said finally, rubbing his forehead.

Seokjin raised an eyebrow, finding his best friend's behaviour unusually strange, "Why?"

"I think I like Jungkook," Taehyung muttered, groaning as he ran a frustrated hand through his tousled orange hair.

"Finally," Seokjin mumbled under his breath, but Taehyung thankfully didn't catch it. If Seokjin were to be honest, he'd tell you that he had always known deep down that Taehyung would end up falling for Jeon Jungkook. He had never seen the orange haired boy ever talk about anyone as animatedly and extensively as he talked about the young heir. Neither had he seen Taehyung, albeit his accommodating nature, so caring and determined to get closer to anyone. It didn't take a genius to figure out that Jungkook was special to Taehyung from the way the orange haired boy's face always lit up at the mere mention of the younger boy, and it was even more obvious to Seokjin that Jungkook was bound to gradually worm his way into the Daegu boy's heart.

"On a scale of one to ten, how much do you like him?" Seokjin questioned, trying to keep the knowing smile off his face.

"Eleven," Taehyung answered immediately without even having to think, a dejected sigh escaping his lips right after.

Seokjin smirked, "You're in deep, huh?"

"Totally," Taehyung said, groaning for the umpteenth time that evening as he went back to laying his head on the table.

"Okay that's all fine, but why are you so screwed?" Seokjin asked in confusion.

Taehyung frowned, eyes casted down onto the shapes he was scribbling on the table with his finger, "Hyung, first of all, I work for him. Second, I don't know if he likes someone or if he has a girlfriend or something. And if he doesn't, I don't even know if he's into boys!" he cried out.

"But the way you've talked about him before, I'd think he likes you too," Seokjin offered. He'd never met the kid that made Taehyung's eyes sparkle even brighter, but he was sure he liked Taehyung too; not liking someone like Taehyung was stupid (and no, Seokjin was not being biased).

The orange haired boy instantly shot down the glimmer of hope inside him that had been fuelled by Seokjin's words before it grew too big, "I don't k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter