[bonus] failed moving-on missions

strictly business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

failed moving-on missions.

(takes place in the past, between chapters 18 and 20)

july 2012

"How are you feeling Jungkook?" Taehyung chirped as he walked into the office on the 64th floor. He was met with the sight of Jungkook sprawled across the sofa, lazily dressed in an Adidas hoodie and loose jogging bottoms (quite thoroughly against the company’s dress code, not that he’d ever get in trouble for it). Taehyung hadn’t seen the younger boy for the past four days because Jungkook had been ill with a nasty flu and had refused to leave the warmth and comfort of his bed, which meant an automatic vacation and lots of free time for him.

Jungkook looked up at the sound of Taehyung’s voice, "Not like death, which is an improvement," he replied, a small smile on his face as he sat up and made space for Taehyung, "Did you enjoy your days off?"

Not really, "Of course I did," Taehyung grinned, sitting down next to Jungkook (while keeping a respectable distance because he was on a moving-on mission, and also because he didn’t want to get sick too). I missed you. The words were on the tip of Taehyung's tongue, but he didn't let them escape.

Discussing his…predicament with Seokjin was supposed to help him sort out his thoughts and decide what to do, but Taehyung was still struggling with his feelings. The days away from Jungkook had really brought home the fact that he was hopelessly attached to the redhead, and that he'd never ever felt anything stronger than his attraction to Jungkook before. Taehyung was a realistic and (somewhat) rational person though, and he had already accepted that his love crush was going to be unrequited for life; but it didn't mean that it was going to be any lesser difficult to cope with. Literally every night, he'd laid in bed in the dark and stared at the ceiling, wondering how the he was meant to get over Jungkook and move on. After what felt like endless hours of frustrated tossing and turning one night, Taehyung had given up on the idea of sleeping and grabbed his laptop instead. He found himself typing "how to get over a really intense crush" into the search bar because even if he didn't know the answer, Google definitely would, right?

The search results hadn’t been very helpful though. The top three tactics were to 1) block your crush off all social media, 2) avoid your crush and distance yourself from them as much as you possibly could, and 3) go out with old friends and meet new people to help with the getting-over process. Taehyung thought it was ridiculously useless advice because firstly, Jungkook did have Instagram and Snapchat accounts, but only because Taehyung had forced him to make them, and the redhead literally only looked at Taehyung’s stuff and posted nothing himself. Secondly, Taehyung spent an average of 7-8 hours of his day with Jungkook, plus he loved his job and couldn’t afford to quit it so avoidance wasn’t really an option. Thirdly, he had no time to meet ‘new people’ and only had like four friends (because quality > quantity).

Taehyung had finally reached the conclusion that sometimes, even Google didn’t have the answers. And he’d probably get over it in due time (he really hoped he did).

Taehyung took his planner out and opened it, sighing when he saw just how many missed meetings he had to re-arrange and new meetings he had to coordinate. He really wasn’t in the mood to spend the rest of the day on the phone, and he didn’t think Jungkook was in the right state to be meeting with people, learning the ropes of leading a business or looking over tons of paperwork either.

“Are you sure you’re ready to jump into work?” Taehyung questioned, the concern unmissable in his voice. Jungkook was about to respond when he froze and quickly moved his head to stare awkwardly at the light for a few seconds before sneezing four times in a row. Taehyung had an amused grin on his face as he watched, holding a tissue box towards the redhead. Jungkook gratefully plucked out a couple of tissues, and Taehyung continued speaking, “No need to answer that. It’s Thursday today anyway, I’ll just schedule everything for after the weekend,” he said, chuckling when Jungkook shot him the most thankful smile ever.

“You’re seriously the best hyung,” Jungkook declared, and Taehyung tried his best to ignore the cartwheels and tumble rolls his heart decided to do.

The orange haired boy turned his attention to his laptop and his planner, throwing himself into his work so that his mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter