i'll fix you

strictly business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i'll fix you

june 2012

Taehyung woke up with a start. He glanced at the clock and cursed out loud when he saw the time. He tumbled out of bed and ran to the bathroom, brushing his teeth and putting his pants on simultaneously. He threw some water on his face and attempted to clean himself up as quickly as he could. He gargled with mouthwash while he buttoned up his shirt, looking in the mirror and running his hands through his hair (but it only made it messier). He sprinted down the stairs, shoved his feet into his shoes, kissed his mom on the cheek (after mildly scolding her for not waking him up on time either), grabbed an apple and bolted out the door.

Taehyung barged into the office on the 64th floor fifteen minutes later, two takeaway cups of coffee in hand and a cheerful smile on his face despite his rushed morning, "Jungkook! I'm sorry I'm late, I had - where are you going?" Taehyung stopped in his tracks when he noticed that the younger boy was heading towards the door, holding his bag and not seated at his table as he normally was. His smile faltered when Jungkook didn't greet him properly or laugh about him running in late or joke about the hurricane that had swept his hair or even respond with a smile of his own.

"Home," Jungkook muttered, his head hanging low and his gaze cast on the floor.

Taehyung put the coffee cups and his bag down on the table, confused by Jungkook's strange behaviour, "Why?"

"I can't stand it here," Jungkook said in a low voice, "You can go home too," he added, looking up at Taehyung. The orange haired boy felt his heart twinge when he saw how emotionally exhausted the redhead looked. Jungkook's eyes were full of misery and Taehyung had never seen him like this before; he looked...well, he looked like .

"Jungkookie, are you okay?" Taehyung asked with a frown, the silence on Jungkook's part not settling well with him at all. He knew that Jungkook could be quiet (heck, anything was quiet compared to his blabbermouth tendencies), but this was different and something clearly wasn't right.

"I'm fine," Jungkook replied as he shoved his hands into his pockets, biting on his lip furiously. Taehyung had known Jungkook long enough to know that those two irritating words only left his mouth when he was lying. Jungkook looked defeated and deflated and it was poking and prodding at Taehyung's heart in all sorts of ways, and he felt the need to do something, anything to make the younger smile that adorable smile again.

"You're clearly not fine," Taehyung sighed, eyes scanning over Jungkook's drooped shoulders and quivering lip, "Tell me, what's wrong?" he asked softly.

Jungkook just stared at Taehyung for a few seconds, and then he flung his arms around the orange haired boy and buried his face into his neck, gripping onto him for dear life. It all came so naturally that he didn't even think about what he was doing. He bit back a sob as Taehyung's scent invaded his senses and he tried his best to not break down in Taehyung's arms.

Taehyung hadn’t been expecting the sudden impact but he managed to keep his balance and panic seized his heart, "Jungkookie, what happened?" he questioned worriedly as he wrapped his arms around Jungkook's frame without any hesitation and gave all his warmth to the younger boy. He rubbed soothing circles into Jungkook's back and held him tightly because Jungkook looked like he was about to collapse. If this was any other time and he wasn't about to pass out from concern, his heartbeat would have been hitting the roof but right now all he could think about was who he would have to beat up for doing this to his Jungkook.

Jungkook stayed still for a while, relishing Taehyung's presence and his firm and comforting hold. Somehow, Kim Taehyung always made everything better and he felt safe and didn't want to let go, but he figured he was probably freaking Taehyung out so Jungkook reluctantly pulled away and took a step back, suddenly embarrassed by his actions, "I'm sorry, it's nothing I just...I'll be leaving now," the redhead mumbled hurriedly, reaching out for the door knob.

"Wait," Taehyung called out, taking hold of Jungkook's wrist before he could run away, "I'm coming w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter