imperfectly perfect

strictly business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

imperfectly perfect.

july 2012

"Jungkook!"

Jungkook had been waiting in the hospital waiting room for Yeonhwa to return with news on his father's condition when he heard the sound of the familiar voice he found himself thinking about a little too often, "Hyung," he uttered slowly as he looked up and stood quickly, completely dumbfounded by the orange haired boy's sudden entrance, "What are you -"

Taehyung worriedly albeit gently took hold of Jungkook's shoulders, frantically inspecting the younger boy in front of him from head to toe, "Are you okay? Are you badly hurt anywhere?" he questioned hurriedly, obvious panic colouring his words as he swiftly looked over the redhead's body for any injuries.

It was like deja vu, him dropping everything and running to the boy he loved for the second time in two weeks. Taehyung had bolted to the hospital without any hesitation or second guesses when he heard about a nine car pile-up on the news, and he felt dizzy when the reporter said that the horrible accident happened to involve influential multi-millionare Jeon Jungwan and his son as well. He forgot everything that had happened between the two a week ago, every harsh word and cold glare, and rushed to the hospital because he needed to make sure that Jungkook was safe, that he was okay and alive and well.

Jungkook was still in a daze, wondering if this entire day was some kind of crazy dream. His mouth opened and closed as he struggled to form coherent words, but he managed to shake his head after getting over his initial shock.

Taehyung frowned when he saw that Jungkook's left arm was in a cast, but other than that Jungkook looked pretty okay, just a little shaken up, "Nothing serious, right?" he asked, the anxiety that had been consuming him melting away slowly as he let out the breath he didn't even know he had nervously been holding.

The media had probably made it sound much more dramatic, Jungkook figured, because in reality, the car he was in had luckily been one of the back ones, not one of those directly involved in the lethal collision. The impact had been a little powerful, but it definitely wasn’t bad enough for Taehyung to have a panic attack over.

Taehyung drank in the sight of Jungkook, a small part of him wondering how he still looked flawless despite the small gash above his eyebrow and a broken arm. He wordlessly threw his arms around Jungkook and hugged the redhead tightly, "God, I got so scared when I heard about the accident on the news. I thought I'd lost you forever," he mumbled, trying to control his emotions. Keeping away from Jungkook had literally been hell for him because and he had missed the redhead so ing much, heck, he'd even missed maintaining his organiser.

He hated maintaining his organiser.

Something was switched on inside Taehyung; maybe it was because of the adrenaline soaring in his veins or the crippling fear that had seized him when he’d heard the news, but Taehyung just knew it in his bones that he couldn't stay quiet any longer. He had been close, too close, to losing Jungkook today and god forbid if he had, he would have drowned in pools of regret because there was so much he wanted to say to Jungkook. The dam holding him back erupted and he felt braver than he ever had, "I'm definitely going to get fired for doing this, but it," Taehyung announced, cupping the younger boy's cheek fondly.

"Jeon Jungkook, I love you."

Taehyung felt like the hugest weight had just been taken off his chest and he exhaled shakily. All courage left him incredibly quickly as he stared at the ground, suddenly feeling really small and really afraid of how Jungkook was going to react to the unplanned and rushed confession he had sprung on him out of the blue.

He winced a little because it had been a few seconds and Jungkook hadn't said a word, he hadn't reacted even in the slightest. The orange haired boy sneaked a glance at the younger, only to see Jungkook simply blinking at him.

Taehyung sighed, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, mentally congratulating himself for royally ing up everything he previously had with Jungkook, "I totally understand if you don't feel the same, and I know you probably don't. Just forget this e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter