The L

Miss Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom couldn't hid her smile when she walked to the brunch table this morning. Her father said it will be only business brunch so she didn't expect if Seunghyun will be there. Dongwook pulled a chair for her right accross Seunghyun. She greeted some of her father's colleages before. She tried to asked him how could he's here by her eyes then Seunghyun texted her secretly below the table.

'My brother dragged me here..'

'Why?'

'Don't know. Would I be here if I know this is a business brunch?'

 

"Bom."

"Ah, yes.." She changed her focus as soon as she heard Mr. Park called her.

"As you know, she's my daughter," Bom smiled to everyone on the table, she knew them all ofcourse, they're his father's bestfriends and business partners for decades already, "Soon, I'll leave my company to her, just like you all did to your children. But, she's still lacking a lot. I hope we're all can help her together to grow as a great business woman."

She's trying hard to keep her smile on her face even if Mr. Park said something so cheesy and she thought that was unecessary. She ligltly bow to them after she heard some encouraging words from each of them.

After awhile she texted Seunghyun again, 'outside in 5min!', then she excused herself. Waiting for him behind the tree by the pool. Without difficulty he found her.

"Yah.." She whispered and put her arms around him, he did, too.

"It's been a while. I missed you.."

Seunghyun just finished his job in several cities for almost two weeks and he just back yesterday. He was planning to surprised her this morning but suddenly Dongwook asked him to come with him to had a brunch in this hotel.

"You looked amazing today.."

Yes, she put an extra effort for her looks today because of the meeting with their possible investor later today.

"I like that red lipstick on your lips.." He secretly craving to kiss her, Bom knew what he wants, she giggled and crossed her fingers in front of her lips. She couldn't risk.

"Let's meet later tonight, you're free, right?"

"I'll doze off again after this."

"Great! I'll be there after office, okay?"

With an arranged time they both got back to the table with a poker face. She didn't know that it was all a trap.

 

Bom went home after spending a little time with Seunghyun, she wanted to be him longer but her body was too exhausted after a meeting with investor. She stopped by the kitchen to get some cold water.

"You just got home?"

She startled. It's her father, coming out from his reading room with a book on his hand.

"Yes, I stopped by my friend's."

"Can we have a talk for a second?" He's leading Bom to the couch on the living room.

He exhaled before, "how's work?"

"Umm.. Good, I guess."

He took a glance over her before speaking, "I had a talk with your mother. And we're thinking about sending you off for marriage."

Bom couldn't believe what she heard, rapidly blinked her eyes. Mr. Park himself felt uncomfortable with what he just said. But, he thought that it's a perfect time to tell her, especially when he's about to gave her the highest position on the company. She needs someone who can lead her and help her to grow not someone like Seunghyun. Yes, Mr. Park already collected some information about her and Seunghyun. And earlier today he saw enough about two of them.

"There are some possible candidate for your husband. Later you talk with your Mom about it." He's ready to leave the room.

"No! I don't want it!" shout Bom.

"It's not depending on your decision, Bom."

He left her there with a lot of things going on inside her head.

 

##########

 

She was forced to be here. She didn't want to be here. The man sitting in front of her is the ultimate definition of jerk. She knew him a long way before, Kim Baek Ho, the same age as her. And she knew very well his track record around girls.

"How are you, Bom?"

Bom sighed, "let's just tell our parents if we're not a good match, okay?" Bom ready to walk out but he grabbed hed wrist. Bom pulled her wrist powerfully.

"It's such a waste." He refered to the sushi feast on the table.

"Call one of your girlfriend."

 

She felt frustrated, then decided to cool down on the juice cafe nearby while waiting for Seunghyun. She didn't tell him yet about her parents' plan nor the blind dates she's been doing couple of times.

A hand covered her eyes. She smiled and put the hand down. Charmingly he took a seat beside her and gave her a light kiss on the head.

"Why?" He asked when he saw her uneasy face.

She shook her head then rest it on his shoulder.

"What do you want for your birthday?"

He's humming. He even forgot if next week is his birthday. "I don't really know. At home party, with friends? Or.., should we just spend it together?"

"Joah. Let's go somewhere far.."

 

##

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter