Once Upon a Family

Colorful Balloons

"Wake up," Suho's soft voice filled the bedroom as Kris groaned and moved to the other side of the bed.

"Five more minutes," Kris murmured as Suho landed a kiss on his husband's cheek.

"I know that you are the boss but give good example to the employees," Suho chuckled as Kris got up from the bed, at last.

"Okay I'll go," Kris said as he headed to the bathroom.

Suho smiled and flipped the pancakes again. He always happy to see his husband. Despite his tall gigantic figures and stern face, hide a soft and nurturing heart. Suho was glad because he got to see it all.

"I'm going," Kris said as Suho showed him his pancakes.

"Breakfast first. I don't want you to get sick," Suho insisted as Kris sat down and shoved the pancakes.

"Good," Suho smiled as Kris chuckled.

Kris always loves to see Suho who woke up every morning with his smile and prepared him the best breakfast ever. He was glad to see his husband's face everytime he woke up.

"So, how about those job in bookstore? Do they bother you again?" Kris asked as Suho laughed.

"No they don't. Don't threat them like that anymore okay," Suho replied and ate his pancake too.

"I won't, dear one."

"Now I need to go," Suho realized as Kris insisted on accompanying him.

"Please?"

"No, you are the prestigious CEO and I just a normal employee," Suho said.

"Okay but please be careful," Kris hugged Suho.

"I will, Kris," Suho hugged him back and wanted to go before Kris grabbed his wrist.

"Where's my kiss?" Kris said as Suho laughed and gave him what he wanted.

***

Suho walked casually beside the shops that morning. He embraced the sunshines and smiled at some people who passed by. He shined like an angel beside all those pedestrians.

But not until someone grabbed his bag and ran away.

"Hey!!" Suho shouted as he ran to capture that robber.

The robber turned to the other alley as Suho got tired to chase him.

"Sir are you okay?" A boy looked almost 10 asked Suho as Suho looked beside.

He saw a boy with doe eyes and long necks, like a deer. The boy waited for him to answer as someone approached them.

"Luhan! What are you doing?" Suho saw another boy with round cheeks looked like the same age.

"My bag. He took it," Suho said as the boy named Luhan nodded.

"Let's get it, Minnie," Luhan ran as the other one followed him, leaving Suho stunned to see two kids wandering around without parents like that.

Suho ran to catch up with that two boys when he saw two figures came to him with his bag. The doe eyed boy handed him his bag as the others smiled cheekily.

"How can you?" Suho blinked few times.

"We got some lessons to defend ourselves," the roundy face boy answered.

"Let's go then," Luhan said as he pulled his friend to go.

"Wait, Where do you live? Let me accompany you home," Suho said as they stopped.

"Can we go with him? His aura felt like eomma's!" The round face boy said as Luhan frowned.

"Oh Xiumin, who's the oldest here?" Luhan asked as Suho examined their conversation.

"Face it. You are months younger than me. It should be hyung," Xiumin said.

"Boys? You are ten?" Suho asked again as they both nodded.

"Fine then, you can accompany us," Luhan said as Suho texted his boss in the bookstore and followed the boys.

Suho watched the surroundings and they went to the edge of the crowd city. He stunned to see a white building with kids who played at the field.

"Is this an orphanage?" Suho murmured as Xiumin nodded.

"Sir, can I know your name?" Xiumin eyes as Suho facepalmed himself because he didn't say anything at all.

"My name is Suho," Suho offered his hand as Xiumin took it happily and Luhan narrowed his eyes, like checking on Suho's nice attitude.

"Don't stare at him like that," Xiumin said as Luhan drove his gaze away and they walked closer to the gate.

"So we are here," Suho said as Xiumin opened the gate.

"Wanna visit for a while?" Xiumin asked as Luhan tugged his shirt.

"I'm sorry, I need to work in a bookstore so I guess we separate here," Suho was sad saying this, but he didn't want to lose his job for being this late.

"Can we meet again?" Xiumin's eyes went teary as Suho melted to see it.

"I can come over next time. I remember the way," Suho replied.

"Let's go Xiumin hyung. Thank you for accompanying us, sir," Luhan bowed politely as Suho waved goodbye to them.

That time, he decided to adopt them as he thought of it every seconds while working. He was afraid that Kris wouldn't let him adopt them. Luhan seemed to be a stern faced boy but he's nice and Xiumin was sooo lovely with his round eyes and face. Suho chuckled to hear Xiumin sang along the way and Luhan hummed too. He knew that Luhan wasn't that stern.

Suho ended the shift and waved goodbye to his boss. He went accross the street and headed to his apartment. The status of his husband never brought him down despite all the bad things people say about them. They decided to hang on this relationship forever. He loves Kris and he knew that Kris loves him too.

He opened their apartment door and started to clean up also making Kris a chinese food as their dinner. Since married, the agreed to have chinese food and korean food, switching it regulary. Suddenly he heard the door opened.

"Kris," Suho greeted his husband as Kris pulled him into a deep kiss.

"I don't even got a chance to say 'welcome home'," Suho frowned but smiled because he enjoyed the affection.

"Sorry, dear, I miss you so much," Kris hanged his coat and put his shoes onto the shelf.

"Dinner!" Suho chirpped as Kris awed the food on the table.

"I will back and eat all those!" Kris ran to clean himself up as Suho laughed.

When they were eating, Suho debated with his mind for talking about adoption or not. But at last, he braved himself.

"Kris, can we adopt a child?" Suho suddenly asked as Kris choked on his meat and Suho gave him a glass of water.

Kris steadied his breath and stared shockly at his husband. But seeing the glimpse of fear in Suho's eyes, he decided to discuss more about that.

"Actually, I want to talk about it too," Kris admitted as Suho's eyes sparkled.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"I do have canidates!" Suho cheered as Kris's eyes widened.

"You do?"

"I met them this morning. They got my bag from the robber. I don't know how they got it but they saved my precious belongings!" Suho cheered.

"Oh do you trust them not the one who cooperated with those robbers?" Kris asked.

"Nothing vanished Kris. I even checked on the money and credit cards. They are honest!"

"Okay so when do we get the paper?" Kris asked as Suho's jaw hung open.

"You agree?" He asked in disbelief.

"To be honest, I don't really like kids. But for you, I'll do everything to make you happy," Kris said as Suho hugged him happily.

"They are ten and independent. You're gonna love them! Thank you," Suho said as he buried himself more to Kris's embrace.

"What you said 'them'?" Kris remembered a he let go of Suho.

"Yes! Two boys!"

"Oh my God."

***

Kris didn't know what happened when he opened the door and saw two kids sat nicely on the couch, watching television.

"Kris! Welcome!" Suho greeted as he kissed his husband and led him to sit beside those boys and winked before he moved away to the kitchen.

"Go talk to them," Suho whispered as Kris nodded dumbfoundly.

They stayed in silence as the TV shows kept filling the awkward atmosphere between them.

"Um.. Hi?" Kris started to speak as one kid with round face and eyes stared at him.

"Are-are you our new daddy?" He asked as Kris nodded, still didn't find the right words to say.

"Let's introduce ourselves properly then. My name is Luhan," Luhan tried to smile despite his nervousness of seeing Kris's quite-scary face.

"I'm Xiumin," Xiumin smiled as he hide behind Luhan because he was afraid of Kris.

"Hello there! My name is Kris," Kris put on his gummy smile as Xiumin's eyes sparkled.

"Can I call you daddy?" Xiumin blurted out a question as he blushed.

"Of course you can!" Kris answered as Luhan smiled to see Xiumin jumped to hug Kris.

"You look like a baozi!" Kris said as Xiumin got confused and Luhan stunned to hear a chinese word.

"What is baozi?" Xiumin asked as he stayed at Kris's lap.

"Baozi is a steamed bun," Kris explained as Xiumin nodded.

"You are chinese?" Luhan asked as Kris nodded.

"My real name is Wu Yi Fan. And from your name, I can guess that you're chinese too," Kris concluded as Luhan gave him a small smile.

"Dinner is ready!" Suho announced as Xiumin stood up and helped Suho carried the plate.

"Be careful, Xiumin," Kris said as Xiumin nodded and Suho smiled.

Kris turned to see Luhan who looked at Suho and Xiumin with his sparkling doe-eyes.

"Let's join them, Luhan," Kris smiled as Luhan turned to see his new father.

"Sure then, daddy," Luhan said as Kris shocked to hear that and followed Luhan to sit on the dining chair.

The first dinner went really nice as the talkative Xiumin told some stories in the orphanage. Luhan at the other side, sat quietly with a smile, watching Xiumin. Suho was glad to see Kris interact with those boys happily. He didn't believe at Kris about kids but now, seemed like Luhan paid attention to him and Xiumin clinged onto Kris freely.

"Who's gonna wash the dishes with me?" Suho cheered as Xiumin stood up and followed Suho with a laugh.

Kris and Luhan stayed in silence. Actually the older man didn't really know how to talk with this quiet kid. But at least the both chinese and it ease the tension.

"So, you don't talk much," Kris smiled as Luhan nodded.

"I'm not talkative like Xiumin but I do talk."

"Wanna tell me how you rescue mom's bag?" Kris curiously asked as Luhan let out a victorous laugh and Kris grinned because he knew how to socialize with this kid.

"I'll be glad to," Luhan said as he began the story.

Suho peeked into the living room to see his husband talked with Luhan. He awed sometimes as Luhan talked eagerly. He was glad to have this family and Kris seemed to like them too.

"Mommy?" Xiumin called.

"Actually it's 'daddy'," Suho chuckled.

"But you have a mommy aura," Xiumin said.

"Okay you can call me that," Suho melted to see Xiumin's lovable pout.

"Can we join daddy and Luhan?" Xiumin asked.

"Of course, let's go," Suho smiled as he led Xiumin to the living room.

"Okay guys, you are going to school tomorrow," Kris announced as Luhan and Xiumin gasped.

"Really?" Xiumin's eyes widened twice from its size.

"Is it bad?" Luhan asked as Kris shook his head quickly.

"It's going to be fun!" Suho said as he showed their uniform.

"Woah a good uniform!" Xiumin cheered as Luhan's eyes sparkled.

"That's cool," Luhan commented.

"Okay it settled then," Kris added as the boys cheered.

"So let's go to sleep. Ready to see your room?" Suho asked as Xiumin and Luhan's eyes sparkled.

"Horaay!" The cheered as Kris followed them to the bedroom.

"Woaah fluffy bed!" Xiumin tested the bed and quickly slumped in it and Suho pulled the blanket for him.

"Thanks, dad, mom," Luhan said as the parents both stunned.

"Your welcome. Now get a good rest," Suho kissed Luhan's forehead as he pulled the blanket.

"Night, Minnie," Kris kissed their forehead and turned off the lamp.

"How was it?" Suho asked as they went to their bedroom.

"They are amazing," Kris admitted as his husband smiled.

"Glad to know that."

"You are such a great mom," Kris kissed Suho as the shorter man replied it right away.