The Plan and the Talk

The Price of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark woke up feeling a little light headed. He was totally in a lost state. It was like having this hangover. But, he didn't really drink anything alcoholic. Was that even possible? Well, this proved it otherwise. His temples were aching, and it seemed that he overslept. He rarely woke up late. Regardless of the time of his class, he always made sure that he woke up early. He was an early bird. 

He reached for his wrist watch and checked the time.

9:07 am. Wow, he did oversleep. He usually woke up at seven in the morning.

Though, it seemed that that wasn't the only thing that changed in his daily routine. And maybe, this was good. 

He got up from his bed and checked himself in the mirror. His red hair was a mess. His eyes had dark circles under them. And, he was still wearing Jaebum's clothes.

Jaebum.

His mind actually had these questions. But, he wasn't really sure if he should even ask. There were questions, but he felt that it wasn't really necessary to do so.

Jackson and Jinyoung had this unfinished talk with him. The two clearly stated their intentions. How could they know if it was love they were feeling? Was he feeling the same way? They were sure with themselves, as Jackson boldly stated. He couldn't deny that he does love their company. But, was that considered love? He even had to choose. 

Jackson, Jinyoung, Jaebum, Jealousy. Wow.

This was giving him a headache, and made him feel hungry. So, he decided to brush things off, well at least for now. He was hungry.

"Someone overslept" It was his mom. She was home. This was rare.

"Mom, you're here." 

"They allowed me to have a week off. I've been working overtime for the past weeks." He nodded and took a seat. 

"Is Dad still sleeping?" She nodded. 

"He told me you had friends over last night. He enjoyed the company. Tell your friends they should have some dinner with us sometime." He was glad. His dad enjoyed the company, more than he expected.

"Yeah... Sure, mom."

"He also told me Jaebum's back."

"Yeah... he is."

"Tell him to visit again. Actually, invite everyone for dinner."

"I'll tell them."

There was this short pause. He raised his head, and it seemed that his mom wanted to say something. 

"Your dad, he-" She sighed and took a seat across from where he sat. "He told me about Jackson and Jinyoung." 

Oh.

So, he was right. The three did have a talk, while he the two waited. What could have they talked about? Was it normal to feel nervous? Whatever happened last night, things must've been pretty well.

"Mom, I'm not even sure-"

"Mark" She took his hand. "We want you to be happy. Don't worru about us, if that's what you're thinking about."

"Mom..."

"At your age, you should be having fun, not thinking about bills and work. We're sorry if we couldn't give you a better life."

"Mom, I will never ask for more. I am happy and contended. I don't mind if we're struggling or what. We are a family. I would never ask for another one."

"I love you, Mark. Whoever you choose, it's fine. Both of them seem nice. Just choose wisely, okay?"

"Of course, mom. And, thank you. For everything." They both let out a laugh. It was a bit too early to be dramatic. But, Mark wasn't complaining.

"I'll go prepare you some breakfast." She ruffled his already messy hair and stood up. The doorbell suddenly rang.

"I'll get it." He stood up and made his way to the front door. Who would visit, at this time?

To his surprise, it was Jaebum and Jinyoung. What were they doing here? 

"Good morning, Mark!" They greeted, but glared at each other afterwards. He eyed the two confusely. Were they already sworm enemies? He raised his hand and waved.

"Good morning. What are you guys doing here?"

"Mark dear, who's at the door?" He signalled the two to come in. Their timing was impeccable. They followed him to the kitchen. 

"Ah, Jinyoung, hello." The said person politely bowed. "And..."

"It's me, mom!" 

"Ah, Jaebum. How are you? You've grown so tall." 

"Of course, mom." He smiled at the sight. This was another reunion. 

While the two were busy catching up, he walked up to Jinyoung, who seemed to be feeling out of place. He took the other by the hand and quietly dragged him to the living room.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"We have a class together today. So, I was thinking, maybe-" Jinyoung pursed his lips. The guy seemed to be disappointed. "But, Jaebum's here..."

He chuckled, as he realized why the other was sulking.

"You know, you're cute when you act like this." Jinyoung's eyes widened. 

"I-I am not jealous! I'll be more jealous if it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter