Count on me

The Price of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Mark's class ended at around 2 pm, he went straight to the hospital. He wanted to spend some quality time with his Dad, but when arrived at the hospital, his Dad was asleep. His Mom left for work as soon as Mark arrived. Even though his Dad was asleep, Mark knows his Dad is getting better.

His thoughts drifted from his Dad to tomorrow's get together. He was actually afraid, afraid to be judged. Even though Jackson said some harsh things before, he didn't mind them. But now, it was different. The way Jackson described his own Grandfather, he sounded so stiff and strict, worst combination ever.

How long were they planning to keep this facade anyway? Jackson told him it would only be for about a week or so, though it hasn't been that long since they started. But really, how long? Mark wasn't complaining. He still needs money, but beyond that point, he has grown a little attached towards the other. Though, Mark can't help but wonder. If worst comes to worst, will Jackson leave him hanging? He hopes not. The Jackson he came to know isn't like that. But, does Mark know him enough? He doesn't really know.

"Mark" His Dad called out.

"Yeah, Dad?"

"Can I have a glass of water?" Mark stood up and filled the glass with some water before handing it over to his Dad. "Thanks, son."

"No problem, Dad."

"So, about the bills-"

"Don't worry, Dad. It's being taken cared of." Mark bit his bottom lip. "I found a job." Sort of.

"Really? Where?"

"A friend of mine recommended me to this big company. It's only part-time, so they allowed undergraduates." He wasn't totally lying. Jinyoung did recommend him to Jackson, and the latter did own a big company. "So, are you feeling better?" He asked, trying to change the topic.

"A little sore, but fine. Sorry for causing all this mess." Mark shook his head.

"No. It wasn't your fault. It was that gunman's fault. But at least you're okay now. That's all that matters."

"Thanks, son." Seeing his Dad smile like that, it made Mark feel so relieved. "Also, about that Jackson boy-" Blood rushed through Mark's cheeks.

"Dad, for the last time, he isn't my boyfriend."

"Are you sure?" Mark nodded like an innocent child. "Then, okay. But you better introduce me if there's anyone, okay?"

"Okay, Dad."

Mark actually missed this, his Dad being all overprotective towards him. He was an only child, so they supported him no matter what.

"So, what did the Doctors say?"

"They said you're recovering quicker than expected, but they have to keep you here for about three more days, just to be sure."

"I'm fine now. Maybe-"

"Dad"

"Okay, okay. I know, I need to rest." Mark smiled and nodded at what his Dad said.

"Good."

"You should get some rest tomorrow. You look tired."

"I can't. I have work."

"On a sunday?"

"Well, I'm trying to earn extra cash, so..." That was too close.

"Don't overwork yourself, okay? And study more."

"Okay, Dad."

His Dad wasn't the usual Father. He was the type of Dad who pampered his son, unlike most fathers, who are strict and tough on their boys.

Though, Mark has been trying to fight the guilt he was feeling. He hates keeping things from his Dad, who trusts him one hundred percent. His Dad can never know of this. He might not understand. He doesn't even know how his Dad would react if he found out about his deal with Jackson, and he hopes he doesn't find out.

As long as no one tells his Dad anything, he'll be fine.

You have to do this, Tuan. For your Dad.

---

It was finally D-day, and Jackson couldn't hide the anxiety he was feeling. It was like the feeling of introducing your girlf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter