Complimenting each other

The Price of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark was the person no one would bother to notice. He was the typical quiet guy you would find reading a book in a corner, all alone. He wasn't very sociable, that was why he didn't have what they called a best friend. So, he was a bit jealous of Jackson, because the guy had someone like Jinyoung. But, they did say that the quiet ones, were the noisiest thinkers. He liked keeping things for himself, because he felt that his opinion never mattered to anyone. So, he always chose to be quiet.

So, how could Jackson even judge him like that? They didn't know each other so well, for the other to conclude those things about him. He even held back with what he said, because he couldn't judge that person.

How can someone so handsome, be that much of a douche bag?

Jackson even called him a leech. Did the other really see him as a user? That, he was the type of person capable of such? He didn't know anything, so he didn't conclude. All he knew was that, Jackson Wang had trust issues.

Right now, Mark had bigger problems to face. Where on earth would he get the money they needed now? Even if he got three part time jobs, it would never suffice. His Dad was in the recovering process, and was soon to be discharged. The hospital room, the medicine they gave his Dad, the miscellaneous expenses, Mark had a lot to deal with.

"Mark, wait up!" He stopped in his tracks, and watched  as Jinyoung inch closer.

"What are you doing here, Jinyoung?"

"I'm really sorry, for Jackson." He could only nod. "I'm his best friend, but even I can't understand him."

"How can you put up with him, Jinyoung?"

"Jackson wasn't always like that. He used to be an easy going person. But people abused his kindness, so he built this wall, his cold-heartedness, as a defense mechanism."

"I don't know much about him, and he doesn't know about me either. I think this is good. I mean, he hates my guts." He could hear Jinyoung sigh.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess."

"It's fine. I'm thankful, that at least, you guys helped me."

"So, what are your plans now?"

"I don't know. I'll try to find part-time jobs, for now."

"How about I lend you money?" As tempting as it sounded, he had to refuse. His pride was stepped on, and he had no plans of accepting anymore money, unless he worked for it.

"Jinyoung, thanks, but no thanks." The other shrugged.

"Well, if you don't like that, then have coffee with me. And I won't take no for an answer."

"Right now?" The other nodded. The boy had that stupid grin again, that same smile he found cute.

"You have no choice." Jinyoung linked their hands together. "Don't even try to escape."

"Fine then" He rolled his eyes and chuckled. Jinyoung's hands felt so warm.

"I feel sorry for Jackson though. I don't know how he'll face this problem now."

Why was he feeling sorry for the other? Jackson didn't want him. He hated him. So, why was a part of him caring?

Jackson will be fine. He had bigger problems right now.

---

Jackson had been contemplating, whether he should call Mark or not. Of course, he regretted those words, especially when he was now aware to why the redhead agreed to this fake boyfriend thing in the first place. He was so doubtful of people, that he was afraid, afraid that he might trust someone again, but end up like the others.

Mark needed the money, not for him, but for his Dad, who was in the hospital. Jackson felt like a dirt bag right now. the redhead only agreed out of desperation.

And this was one of those times when he really felt bad, for what he did.

It was so easy to call him up and say Hey, Mark. I'm really sorry for calling you a leech, and judging you, without thinking. But, what was stopping him? Even Jinyoung looked pissed back there. Was his best friend tired of him, too?

And to think that this whole thing happened, because Mark was with Jinyoung; because the other couldn't act natural around him; because, the redhead had this undeniable effect on him. Why did he even care, to how the other boy would act around him? Why was he so curious to what that person was thinking? Why?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter