Enigmas and Worries

The Price of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark can't quite put his finger on what he was feeling right now. He was always a person sure of himself and his feelings. The reason why he was in this situation right now was because of Jackson. That was pretty obvious.

The only thing bothering him was why wasn't he reacting to this? He should push Jackson off him and be a normal person and shout at him, but what was this? None of them moved.

Is this what they call as kissing? It's got to be. Mark has no experience whatsoever with this kind of stuff. For him, kissing is intimately brushing their lips together. So, was this considered one? He doesn't really know.

Mark has his eyes closed, not wanting to look into Jackson's. He wasn't even sure how Jackson reacted to this. It's been half a minute, but no one hasn't moved an inch. Jackson's lips felt so soft, so moist, so- Wait, what happened to the pair of warm lips against his?

"Mark" He slowly opened his eyes, and his eyesight adjusted to the light. Jackson was there, looking at him with an unreadable expression.

"H-h-hey" Jackson stood up and helped Mark up.

"I-I-I'm sorry" Jackson said, stuttering. How adorable. But, why was he apologizing? It was an accident, right? And in a way, Mark sort of-kinda-maybe liked it a little, tiny bit. But of course, he couldn't say that out loud, not after the room was starting to be filled with awkward tension.

"I-I-It's fine" He said, smiling awkwardly. Was the room getting hotter, or was it just them? "How about we get ready for bed?"

"Sure" Finally, Jackson was smiling again. The awkward environment slowly died down.

They slowly crawled on the bed. Mark took one side, while Jackson took the other. The bed wasn't that big and Jackson was bulkier than Jinyoung, so it was a bit cramped. Mark noticed how well defined Jackson's body is. That black tank top he was wearing accentuated his body. Mark knew Jackson was fit, but he didn't imagine him to be this buff, not that he imagines Jackson in anything.

"Mark"

"Hmm?"

"I said, are you okay? You seem a bit spaced out." He wasn't really spaced out. He was too busy marvelling on Jackson's body. Creep.

"I'm fine." Mark said. For a while, they just stared at Mark's white ceiling.

"Mark" He hummed. "Have you ever liked someone?" Mark chuckled at his question. Has he?

"I don't think so, Jackson. I have no experience, whatsoever."

"Really? Why?" Jackson shifted his body and faced Mark. "I mean, you must've been in love before."

"Nope, I haven't. Does that surprise you too much?"

"Actually, it does. I mean, you're pretty attractive. So I thought that maybe, ya know-" Did Jackson just call him attractive? That was a compliment, right?

"Thanks, but I haven't really been in love, or any of that relationship thing. I guess you could say I don't have the time."

"Time?" Mark nodded.

"As you can see, our life isn't the best in the world, especially when it comes to money. I mean, we're happy, but still, money makes the world go round. So, I focus on my studies. Cliche' right?" Mark chuckled, but it was more of a sorry laugh. "But, I don't blame anyone for our lives. I just look at the brighter side of life, and help in anyway I can."

Jackson suddenly leaned in, startling Mark a little. What was Jackson doing?

"What are-" Jackson touched his cheek and wiped something off.

"Don't cry" Was he crying?

"Sorry"

"Don't be. Your parents are very lucky to have you. So, give yourself some credit. You agreed to my deal, even though you didn't know me. I wish people nowadays were like you and your family."

"Jackson..."

"My world revolved, and still revolves around money. I've seen greed change people. I'm lucky to even have someone like my Mom. As you may have known, she's not that superficial or judgemental, which is pretty rare in the world I live in. I don't trust people right away, because most people I knew were users. I'm thankful that I even have Jinyoung as a friend."

With all what Jackson was saying, Mark started to understand him even more. He wasn't an ice prince, it was just a front act, a defense mechanism. He was molded by his environment to be like that.

Jackson's a very warm-hearted person. All he needs is someone to mend his doubtful heart.

"You know, Jackson. Believe me or not, I can be your friend too. I mean, not right away-" Mark stopped as Jackson wrapped his arms around him.

"Thank you, Mark. Thank you"

"You're welcome, Jackson."

Their stares softened. Their words turned into smiles.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter