The Price of Love

The Price of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung was surprised that things between him and Jaebum weren’t that awkward, after all that they have done. Was it because he sort of liked it and wanted it as much as the other? He wasn’t truly sure.

He couldn’t really deny it, he enjoyed the short time he spent with Jaebum, and he actually wished that it was longer.

“Jaebum, about earlier, I-“ He bit his bottom lip, contemplating if he should say this or not. “I- it was- I enjoyed it.”

He could feel his face get hotter by the minute. How could he be so shameless? It seemed that Jaebum was amused with what he said, as the boy smiled widely. “I did, too.”

“You did?”

“I really did. I hope this isn’t the last time.”

“Jaebum… things are a bit confusing for me right now. I don’t want to rush into something that I’m not sure of.”

“I know. You’re Park Jinyoung, and you always keep everything in check.” Jaebum took his hand, giving it a little squeeze. “I’m not rushing, Jinyoung. I’ll be right here every step of the way. Just don’t push me away, okay?”

“Okay”

“I’ll drive you home.”

“I’m a bit hungry.”

“Drive thru?”

He smiled, nodding at the other. “Sounds great”

---

After finishing the content of the box of pizza they ordered, they finally started packing.  He would be gone for a while but he had clothes prepared there in Hongkong. All he needed to pack was most of the clothes he loved to wear. He wished that Mark would do something again, anything, just to stop them from packing.

If Mark told him to stay, he would. He would do everything that he could just to stay. But, his boyfriend chose to do the right thing. This was the reality he had to face, this was his reality. After a few more years, the company would be handed down to him, and he would be the one to lead it.

Mark had accepted that fact, and he should, too.

“Do you need to bring this?” Mark raised a black hoodie. “It looks old.”

“I could never leave without it. I’d choose that out of all these formal suits.”

It was his favourite jacket, the first ever hoodie his mom bought for him. For most, it was just a plain black jacket, but for him, it meant so much more.

It was a statement, his representation of the life he wanted to have, a simple one. Behind all the suits and coats he had to wear, there was a person who would rather wear hoodies all day.

“I’ll actually wear that tomorrow.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes”

“Really? Because I’d rather have you wear this.”

“How the hell did you find that?” He grabbed the piece of clothing away from his boyfriend. “I thought I burned this.”

“It’s adorable! I never knew you were into floral prints.”

“This was a gift from my Aunt who lived in Hawaii. I have never worn it, and I don’t plan to do so.”

“It’ll suit you” Mark said in between of laughter. “It looks nice.”

“If it looks so nice why don’t you have it?”

“Can I?”

“Are you being serious right now, Mark Tuan?”

“I am!” His lover exclaimed. “I really find it very nice.”

“Here”

He gave the shirt back to Mark, and it really did seem that his boyfriend wanted it. “Thank you, I’ll take care of it for you.”

“Burn it for all I care”

His boyfriend stuck his tongue out in the cutest manner. “I like your aunt’s taste in clothes.”

He rolled his eyes, chuckling afterwards. “Then you should meet her when we go to Hawaii”

“Like I’ll go to Hawaii”

He smiled widely at his lover. “We will, love. We will, someday. We’ll even go around the globe!”

“I like the idea, Wang.”

“As long as it’s with you, Tuan, I’ll go anywhere.”

He could see his boyfriend’s eyes rolling, adding a light smack using his elbow. “Always the cheesy one, aren’t we?”

He wrapped his around Mark’s shoulders. “Only to you, love. Only to you”

---

If there was one thing Jinyoung appreciated, it was sitting by the Han River while eating fried chicken.

He watched as Jaebum continued telling this story about an experience back in the US. It was kind of nice to see the other share stories with him.

“What’s wrong? Is there something on my face?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter