Digging Deeper and Deeper

The Price of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The car ride was painfully silent and very awkward. The tension he shared with Mark was so heavy, that Jackson could feel it trickling on his skin. The redhead hasn't muttered a single word, since they left school. 

Mark looked horrible. His eyes were worn out, probably from all his crying. 

Jackson wanted to apologize. He wanted to explain himself so badly, but he knew this wasn't the right time to do so. Would the redhead even listen to his plea? Would Mark believe anything he would say?

Jackson was sure Mark would listen. But, the problem was the redhead's belief in him. Even if he gave the most convincing explanation, it all depended how Mark would accept his apology.

He described Mark as a very kind-hearted person, he seemed the type of person to easily forgive and forget.

But, everyone had limits, right? What if the redhead was pushed to the point of giving up? He had been nothing but patient with them, but all they gave him was a headache, more than that. Him and Jinyoung had been nothing but unfair to Mark.

The redhead was probably confused too. Jackson and Jinyoung presented themselves as peopke who liked him, but his best friend couldn't keep his mouth shut, and had to spill the brutal truth. What was Jinyoung thinking? Was he even thinking at all? Because of what he did, he placed both of them in the bad side.

Jackson swore, Jinyoung could be a little rash and stupid sometimes.

"Jackson" Mark callrd out. Was Jackson that spaced out? "You missed the turn."

"What?" Oh, he missed the turn to his Mom's office. Great. "Sorry" He took the next turn and took a different route.

"Jackson" He hummed nervously. The redhead sighed. "I know this uncomfortable as much as I do. But, at least for now, can we set things aside? It will be easier for both of us."

"Right..." Mark didn't even spare him a glance. What was he expecting anyway? "Mark?"

"Yes?" He wanted to say everything right there and then, but again, he reminded himself that it wasn't the right time.

"Can we talk, after this? Please?" Mark fell silent for awhile. 

"Okay, Jackson."

They finally arrived at Mrs. Wang's building. Jackson took the empty parking space, setting the car to neutral. They unbuckled each other's seatbelt and exited the car. 

At this point, facing his mother wasn't nerve-wracking anymore. He was even eager to see her. He needed answers. 

Him and Mark walked in an uncomfortable distance, but Mark closed the gap in between them, seeing that they were nearing the main office. They stopped a few meters away from the glass door. The redhead had stopped walking, making him stop as well.

"What's wrong?" Jackson asked. 

"I'm just a little nervous, that's all." He took Mark's hand and gave it a light squeeze. 

"We'll be fine." Mark sighed, but eventually nodded. 

Jackson's cold hands were overpowered by Mark's warm ones. The warmth of the redhead's hand was so familiar for him, and it easily calmed him down.

"Ready?" He asked. 

"Yes" Mark gave him a small smile. And that was enough to empower him.

"Hello, Sir Jackson, Sir Mark." 

"Hello, Yoona." He said. "We have a meeting with mom."

"Of course, she's been expecting you." Yoona was about to stand up, but Jackson stopped him.

"We'll be fine. No need to accompany us." She nodded slowly and sat back down. They went on their way and stopped in front of the wooden door. "You'll be fine. I'm here."

Mark held tighter on his hand. "I'm ready."

Jackson pushed the door and entered the room. Mrs. Wang rose from her seat and welcomed the two of them, giving them a hug.

"Glad for you two to join me." She said, going back to her seat. "Please, take a seat."

"So, why did you want to see us, mom?" Jackson asked. 

"Actually, I called you here to apologize. I'm sorry for what happened. His grandfather can be harsh at times." He bitterly chuckled. His mom's apology was pointless.

"At times? Really, mom? Mark almost ended up like Min." He could see the surprise in both Mark and his Mom.

"What do you mean, Jackson?"

"I met up with Min." He said, standing up. "She told me everything, mom."

"Jackson-"

"Why did he do it, mom? Why? Why Min?" He asked. 

"Jackson, Min knew I tried everything to stop your grandfather." Jackson scoffed. 

"Why did he have to do that? What does he want?"

"You know how he is-" He cut her off.

"I know, Mom. I'm aware how he is, but I cannot fully understand why he had to do that. Because of what he did, I-" His tears betrayed him, and he found himself crying. "I know he's ruthless, but, whybdid he have to do that? You know how broken I was, when she left."

"You know how business-minded he is." She said. "And how stubborn he can be."

"But, why me? Is he that money hungry? Aren't we rich enough? Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter