Finally admitting it

The Price of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At first, Mark hesitated with Jackson's offer to talk, but then, he did owe him an explanation. 

But, what was there to explain, or even apologize for? He already knew the reason why Jackson couldn't make it. He was with his ex-girlfriend. 

The only thing he couldn't understand was why was this bothering him so much? Why was the idea of knowing they were together disturbed him so much? 

It shouldn't bother him, right? It shouldn't. Him and Jackson, they aren't anything, they're only friends, not even that close to begin with. Why was he even thinking about this? It was stupid, he was stupid. Jackson's life doesn't concern him, in any way whatsoever. So, he stopped himself from worrying about this. It was stupid to think about this, just like him.

It was plain pathetic. He was pathetic.

He was about to exit school, because he decided to go to the cafe'. But someone suddenly called his attention, and it was funny how he quickly recognized the voice of the person.

"Hey, Jinyoung." Mark greeted. The other gave Mark his signature smile. This guy was a walking ball of sunshine, and he never failed to brighten up Mark's day. 

"Hey, yourself." He said. "Are you going home?"

Mark shook his head. "I'm actually going somewhere."

"Oh, the hospital?" 

"Nope. Just at the cafe' down the street."

"Oh, then let me accompany you."

"You don't have to-" But Jinyoung insisted. He took Mark's free hand and walked in front of him. 

This wasn't weird, not at all. Jinyoung's presence, his bright smile, the warmth of his hand, it was all too familiar for Mark, even if they only knew each other recently. Jinyoung was like a wall, a hard, strong wall Mark could always lean onto. He was glad Jinyoung was somehow always around.

Though, looking at him now, Jinyoung changed in Mark's eyes. Before, he looked so cute, so childish, but now, he looked so manly in his eyes. How can someone be so manly and adorable at the same time? He swore, Jinyoung was the only person he knew to be someone like that. Though, Mark doesn't have that many of friends.

"Stop staring" Jinyoung said. "Why are you even looking at me like that?"

"You're cute"

"What?" 

"I-I mean, you're cool." Wow, Tuan. Nice save. Really smooth.

"No, I heard what you said." Jinyoung smirked. "So, you think I'm cute, huh?" Mark blushed. He was so embarrassing.

"Oh, stop." Mark said, rolling his eyes. 

"I know I'm irresistable, Mark." Jinyoung added. 

"Whatever"

But, was it okay to bring Jinyoung along? Jackson wanted to talk to him, most probably alone. He didn't want Jinyoung to leave. Maybe he'll ask him to give them some time alone. 

Jinyoung wasn't a stranger to Jackson anyway.

But yesterday, they fought. They argued over Mark, though there were some other small details, but mostly, it was about Mark. He actually felt bad for it. He never wanted to cause any problems with anyone, and he doesn't want to be the cause of any more problems between the two.

"Hey, Jinyoung" The other hummed. "Are you mad at Jackson?"

"I guess, a little. More on disappointed, actually. What he did was wrong."

"I'm sorry" Mark shrugged. 

"It's not your fault, Mark. It's his. He acted without thinking. He was being unreasonable."

Mark couldn't disagree to that. He actually had a point. He just felt guilty for causing them problems. He really hated the feeling of bothering someone. 

The cafe' was a few blocks away, but Jinyoung abruptly stopped walking.

"Wait, are you here to meet Jackson?" How did he know? He nevet mentioned anything. "He's by the window."

Mark saw Jackson, his hand under his chin, while the other hand tapped the table. 

"Well, he actually asked me earlier if we could talk, so..."

"Oh" Disappointment was evident in Jinyoung's expression. "I guess I'll be going then."

"No. I mean, you don't have to. It won't take long." 

Jinyoung smiled and shook his head. "No, you guys need to talk and clear things up." He said. "But maybe, after your talk, we could hang out?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter