Sticky Situations

The Price of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First Love.

How could a person be so sure about something like that? Was it the first time someone made your heart flutter? Was it unrequited love? Their first relationship? Mark wasn't sure. He hadn't experienced such things yet. 

But Jaebum- He couldn't even explain how he felt right now. Those lingering stares, they intensified. They were strong enough to pierce right through him. 

This was, indeed, very awkward. He stopped walking halfway, making things uncomfortable. He was reallu surprised with Jaebum's words. Why was it mentioned, anyway? What was his friend's purpose? This was even out of the conversation, but Jaebum managed to mention it. 

"I've always known you had the hots for my son, JB." His Dad wasn't making things better. Could he just evaporate right now? "Mark, go change. Let's eat the food they all brought." He quickly nodded, mentally thanking his Dad for this. Now, he had a reason to hide in the safety of his room.

He lost his appetite, even if they had fried chicken. He didn't have the courage to face anyone right now. Especially after what happened earlier. He could even imagine the look on Jinyoung and Jackson's face. They must be pretty possed right now. Throwing himself to bed, plus hugging a pillow did ease him up a bit.

But wait, why were Jackson and Jinyoung here again? His Dad mentioned earlier that they came here to visit him, and were actually looking for him, too. 

Wasn't Jinyoung giving him the cold shoulder, because he was busy spendin time with Jiyeon? Not that it bothered him. Nope, it didn't. Or maybe it did. He wouldn't admit it anyway.

And Jackson. Wasn't he on a date with Min earlier, too? It wasn't like he was jealous, or maybe, he was. 

This was giving him an unwanted headache.

Jackson, Jinyoung, Jealousy. He massaged his aching temples. He was being pathetic here.

"Mark" Someone called out suddenly, making him fall on the floor. The voice startled him. "Dad told me to come and get you."

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" That was supposed to be a rhetorical question, but Jaebum was in a very playful mood.

"I did, but you were too busy spacing out again." The other had this smile again. 

"Get that smirk off your face, Im Jaebum. I'm mad at you." He heard Jaebum chuckle amusingly. 

"You haven't even started changing. Or maybe, you like the smell of my clothes." He rolled his eyes. 

"You wish." 

"You know, you never told me you were gay, Mark Tuan."

"Excuse me?"

"I would've come back earlier." What was Jaebum saying?

"What are you talking about?" He tried to play innocent, but with Im Jaebum, he knew it was futile.

"Don't even deny anything, Yien." He hadn't heard that name for a while now. "I know those two out there like you." He rummaged through his drawer, acting indifferent. 

"How could you be so sure?"

"Did you see the look on their faces?" Jaebum snorted. "They were fuming."

He didn't respond. But, he could clearly remember the look his friend was saying. They were jealous, to simply put. 

"I wasn't lying when I said you were my first love, you know." Jaebum slithered both of his arms around Mark's waist. "I mean, you made me realize love knows no limits. It all depends where you find shelter and comfort." The heat of the other's body was very comforting. "Come on, Dad must be getting impatient. And the two casanovas out there must be speculating a lot of things."

He was supposed to change clothes, but here he was, being dragged out of his room, going to the dining area. 

He could feel those familiar stares again, but he ignored them and sat next to his Dad. 

"There you are. We've been waiting forever. The boys already set the table." He glanced at the two, who felt a little flattered with his Dad's acknowledgment. "Well, let's eat."

Jackson handed the plate of rice to his Dad, while Jinyoung gave his Father a piece of chicken. He wasn't used to this. He hadn't seen this side of those two yet. It was nice.

"Here you go, Mark. I know this part's your favorite." And it was. Jaebum still remembered how he liked the thigh part as his favorite.

"Thanks" He said, in a low voice.

Dinner was pretty lively. His dad constantly talked, not only to Jaebum, but also to Jackson and Jinyoung. And to his surprise, the two were very comfortable around his old man.

That sparked his curiousity. What could've they talked about when they were waiting for him to arrive? 

The four of them continue

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter