Chapter 8

Bitter Aftertaste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning...

Min Ho drove to work as he did yesterday. But today his eyes was slightly swollen due to yesterday's tears. He did not realised he was crying in his sleep until this morning when he woke up and saw his very own face. 

Sh*t! My eyes... Dang it~~ - Min Ho's thoughts.

Before he dressed himself up, he placed a pack of frozen peas on his eyes to reduce the swell. But it did not reduce as much as he thought it would. So he decided to put on a pair of shades before heading out. 

When he finally parked his car at the designated parking lot, he made his way to the lift lobby. Present at the lift lobby was Park Ji Sung and his daughter, Park Shin Hye. Mr. Park was first to greet Min Ho;

"Hi Min Ho... Good morning to you."

"Neh.. Good morning to you Sajang-nim."

"How was your first day of work?"

Min Ho who had hidden his eyes under those shades saw that Shin Hye was staring at him anticipating his answer. With Shin Hye trying to search his eyes under those heavily tinted shades. 

"It was okay Sajang-nim."

"Okay? Jinjja?"

"Neh."

"Ahhh.. That's first.."

"First?"

"Yea.. First.. Usually, if I employ a young worker like yourself.. Basically anyone 30 and below... They wouldn't even last a day working for my daughter."

"Appa~~" Shin Hye whined.

"What? Isn't it true? Usually by afternoon they would have changed their mind about the offer I gave them," said Mr. Park.

"I was waiting for your call the whole night thinking if you had a change of heart and decided not to report to work today... You don't even know how pleasant I am feeling this morning.. Catching up with you here like this..." He continued.

Min Ho smirked. Earning a glare from Shin Hye.

"Out of all days, the waiting time for the lift seems to be veeeeerrrryyyy long today..." Shin Hye said sarcastically.

"Yes indeed.. Since yesterday was a veeeeerrrryyyy long day for you... You must be tired from it." Min Ho replied boldly.

Mr. Park who saw the brief exchange between his daughter and Min Ho smiled. The lift was finally at the level they were at the basement where the staffs carpark were at. The lift then stopped at the first level. 

Entering the lift was a familiar face. 

"Good morning, Sajang-nim."

"Orh. Morning." Mr. Park answered in a stern manner. A 180 degree change of attitude. Totally opposite of Shin Hye who was smiling when that face entered.

"Have you taken y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter