Chapter 31

Bitter Aftertaste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few months later...

Shin Hye and her dad had officially moved back into the home they used to live in as requested by Min Ho himself. Though there's no housemaids and no chaffeur available, they managed to get by since Shin Hye has become a good cook of late and Min Ho had been teaching her some cooking skills. Min Ho had asked Shin Hye to stay at home to take care of her father and Min Ho himself was doing what he does best. Managing the business as the C.E.O of Sony Entertainment. 

Min Ho has been coming back for dinner and that day was no exception.

Shin Hye had prepared a feast. Min Ho went to the kitchen to help out with moving the dishes to the dining table.

"Woah babe... This is a lot!"

"I wanted to try new recipes and...."

"You need the fuel.." She continued.

"Fuel? Hmmmm.... Fuel for?" Min Ho teased.

"Ya stop it. The kitchen and the dining area isn't far..."

"If only it was... Sigh.. Maybe I should have it renovated.. Sound proof every room..." Min Ho further.

Shin Hye passed him a plate to be carried to the dining table while glaring at him.

"Your glare only makes you ier... Don't you know that?"

 

At the dining table...

"Ahboenim... You look healthier now..."

"Because I'm happy... I'm happy that the young ones are happy... But..."

"But what Ahboenim...?"

"When are you getting married? I think it's no longer enough for you both to be engaged only..."

Shin Hye got choked on her food...

"Aish~~ Why not spill water on me instead..." Min Ho said.

Shin Hye gave him a smack on his arm causing Min Ho to yelp.

"Shin Hye... That's not the way to treat your loving future husband..."

"Appa~~~~"

Min Ho smirked and Shin Hye stared at him. 

After dinner, Min Ho volunteered to do the dishes and Shin Hye who could not bare to leave Min Ho alone in the kitchen joined him after she had put her dad to rest for the night.

After they had done with their dishes, Min Ho and Shin Hye went to her room for a talk.

"How was work today?"

"Busy but coping..."

"Must be difficult uh.."

"But.. your presence made it all less difficult."

"Shin Hye... Babe..."

"Yes?"

"Don't you miss doing what you do best?"

"Huh?"

"Don't you miss doing music?"

Shin Hye looked down at her fingers. Min Ho noticed and thought that he had said the wrong things.

"Babe.. I'm sorry.."

"Don't be.."

"Honestly Oppa.. I do miss making music, singing and things like that... but..."

"But?"

"But with Appa's condition like that... I don't think that's possible..."

"Why not? We can work things out..."

"How?"

"Work at Sony Entertainment..."

"You want me to enter Sony Entertainment based on connection and favors? You know those things don't go down well with me..."

"How is it favors?"

"Well.. My fiancee is the C.E.O of the company duh~~"

"Then why does my fiancee doubt her own ability?"

"What makes you think I asked you because it's out of empathy? It's because I trust your ability."

"You mean you want me to be on stage dancing and singing?"

"Nope.. That I can't allow..."

"Huh?! Then what do you mean...?"

"Producing music behind the scenes."

"Why am I not allowed to be on stage? I'm not a good enough performer?"

"Not that..."

"Then?"

"You're too good a performer... And that means.. Endorsement and modelling... And modelling comes male models.. And.... "

"And what?"

"I can't stand to look at you being touched by these models and have their arms around you.."

"What?! Are you saying you're jealous?"

"Yes I am... I still remember that nightmare very well.. Can't go through that again."

"Oh my gosh Oppa~~"

"I can't... just can't..." Min Ho said as he left the room to avoid his embarrassment.

 

The next day...

After Min Ho had left for work, Shin Hye took her dad to the fron yard for some sunshine and fresh air.

"Appa... Isn't today's weather just nice?"

"Yes... Indeed..."

"Shin Hye..."

"Neh?"

"Shin Hye ya... I really wish for you and Min Ho to get married..."

"I know that Appa..."

"Then what's stopping you?"

"I feel like we're a burden to him..."

"I get what you mean... but..."

"I'm sorry Appa...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter