Chapter 26

Bitter Aftertaste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days later...

"Min Ho Oppa! Wake up! We need to head back!"

"Huh? What?"

"Wake up! We need to head back! Appa had a heart attack... I need to be there.."

So I guess it pushed through... - Min Ho's thoughts.

"Huh? How come?"

"Something happened to the business! I need to be back!"

"Okay... Let's pack..."

As Min Ho went to take a shower, Shin Hye was being helpful and wanted to pack most of the stuff when she came across a stack of notebooks. She wanted to brush it off but her curiousity got the better of her.... She flipped through the pages and couldn't believe what she was reading...

Tears fell down from her eyes continuously.

She was sobbing so hard and her eyes could not believe what she was reading....

Min Ho who had just finish his shower saw Shin Hye crying as she looked at him...

"You.. Stay away from me...."

"I'm not going to trust you anymore..."

"You're only out to hurt me... and I'm not going to let you do that!"

"I've never met anyone as cold as you...!"

"Maybe it's my retribution...." Shin Hye said as she fell to her knees crying her eyes out in front of Min Ho.

 

"It's not your retribution! Damn it! It's definitely not your retribution!" 

"Yes it is.... For being mean and nasty... Definitely... For causing my mum's death..."

"No.. it's not your fault...!"

"Then how the hell do you explain this?"

Min Ho kept quiet.

"My dad must have done bad things to your family too.. That's why... I am the one to receive the retribution for falling in love with you!"

"Please Shin Hye... Let me explain..."

"I didn't know you could blatantly admit that you love me when you set out to do this all along! How can you?!"

"I'm sorry Shin Hye... But I really do love you!"

"No you don't you liar!"

Min Ho approached Shin Hye and wanted to console her.

"Don't touch me! I don't need your pity.."

"And don't you dare follow me!"

Shin Hye packed her things and went out of the house to take a flight back to Seoul. 

Min Ho could not contain his emotions. To witness that it was actually happening was killing him... More than he could anticipate. It hurt him so much to see those tears falling from her eyes.

During the day, the boss at Sony Entertainment called;

"Min Ho... Congratulations... The deal is done!"

"Yes. It is."

"Why are you so moody? You should be happy! It's finally yours to handle and take charge of just as we spoke about before you went Korea..."

"Thank you." Was what Min Ho managed to utter.

"I know I can always count on you."

Min Ho ended the conversation. 

He was definitely not feeling any sense of liberation.

 

That night as he was in that empty house alone... His emotions got the better of him... as he looked out at the brightly lit city...

 

"Ahboeji.. Omma... I didn't know exactly how painful is this pain going to be until she really left.... I made the woman I love cry.... Ahboeji... What is it that is really going on....? The business take-over was finally pushed through... But how come I don't feel like I've won??! I feel like I'm dying Ahboeji~~ Omma~~ I am dying~~~ I really am dying~~~~ I've broken the trust of the woman I dearly and sincerely love..... What am I to do???"

 

Back in Seoul...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter